poll: chance of Bastila returning take II

what do you think of the chance of bastila returningg  

85 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think of the chance of bastila returningg

• dont care

I never felt terribly attached to Bastila during the whole game, I never found her that attractive, or her personality interesting, so I really don't care if she comes back. For whatever reason, Atris seems like she'll be cooler..And she's platinum blonde...(I don't care what anyone says about her hair being white :) )

I liked Jolee, he seemed like the smartest one on your team, and Canderous was okay, too, I like how he kind of softened up later on...Emphasis on the "kind of."

I seriously doubt Bastila will make anappearance in the game. It could ruin your choice to whether Revan ended up light or dark. Maybe you find her remains or something.

You will be able to decide these kind of things at the start of the game through conversations you have in which you decide things like was Revan male or female was he/she dark or light etc.

Nothing is ruined because what happens is decided by you. If it's ruin you might want to look at the choices you made at the start of Sith Lords.

That does not make much sence. If they are not going to give her an apearence, then they will not mention her at all. "Finding her remains" pretty much neglects the LS ending. And just saying she dropped dead during the 5 years between the games is kind of lame and cheesy.

I think SilverSun is right. They allready hinted that in that conversation you will be able to tell exactly how it ended for you. They already hinted that this conversation is not just a choice between LS and DS ending. It will most likely include the characters from KOTOR1 and what happened to them.

They(the Devs)have not said exactly how in depth the questions will be but considering almost every interview I've seen it's been stressed that they don't want to step on the indiviudal choices the player made in Knights I can't see them leaving things like if Bas lived or died out and simply making an answer up for it.

I just don't want it to be like:

You: Bastila Shan...She was last seen with Revan, wasn't she?

Atton Rand: Oh, yeah, her, she's dead...Anyways, what's up?

<_<

I definately hope that it will be more subtle than that.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yeah. Not too subtle, though... you don't want the answers to be so cryptic you don't know what you've told the game, or perhaps THAT you've told the game anything. You could always reload, I guess, but it would be sort of aggravating.

That was my initial worry with that approach, anyway.

Atton is supposed to be wrong about everything though.

I think Atton should suggest that Bastilla is dead, and then later you find Bastilla and Atton goes, "oh, that Bastilla. I thought you meant someone else."

I just don't want it to be like:

You: Bastila Shan...She was last seen with Revan, wasn't she?

Atton Rand: Oh, yeah, her, she's dead...Anyways, what's up?

<_<

I think any reasonable person would not think that anyways.

The best will be if you can tell if Bastila is alive or dead and she will appear or not. If she appears there are several possibilities:

1. She is just in the "environment" and nothing more.

2. She plays some minor role.

3. Her appearance is critical in the story. Here we have sub-posiibilities depending on your side alignment.

There are so many combinations / roles for Bastila, that every writer could become mad. :blink::lol::lol:

That is why I think she will not appear at all, or only in the "environment".

Nik.

They(the Devs)have not said exactly how in depth the questions will be but considering almost every interview I've seen it's been stressed that they don't want to step on the indiviudal choices the player made in Knights I can't see them leaving things like if Bas lived or died out and simply making an answer up for it.

I think that the comment was not based on individual choices, but the choices that individuals that played the game made. I would think that many smaller choices could and would be omitted.

I suspect we will only see the "romace" characters apear, maybe a quest or two. They can not possibly play a major role since you would have to build a separate story for people who choose they are dead. Most likely also some of the characters who could not die no matter what, will apear. I think you can forget eveyone else, Jolee, Mission, Yuthura Ban....

Juhani was more deep than Bastila, she had more of a backstory, she grew up in the slums, was enamoured by the Jedi, and strove to become one. Bastila on the other hand, was born into a pretty good, albeit dysfunctional family, was sent to the Jedi academy at a young age, and had a lust for power. Bleh.

Juhani on the other hand, came out of a genocide, escaped the slave trade through the help of Revan, and became a Jedi against all odds. Granted she was the token alien Jewish Holocaust survivor, but she was kewl. :)

When you say lust for power, you mean her DS apearence? If not I would disagree with you. She had an obsession to prove herself worthy of her gift. Remember that she is already a hero when you first meet her, so she tries to act a perfect jedi not fully understanding what that is. I think her story is dramatic not because of her backstory but because of what she goes through during the game. She chooses to save the PC life, linking her self to the former dark lord of the sith forever. Although she could have just left Revan to die. She sucrifices her self for Revan for the second time, hardly the actions of a powerhungry person. She falls to the darkside (after a week of torture, unlike Juhani). And if you choose to redeem her (which is the proper LS thing to do, considering what she has done for you), she comes out not afraid to be herself anymore and not hiding behind an image she made for herself.

Bastila's story is quiet tragic in a way. What makes her deep is that she goes full circle like Revan realizing on the way things about herself and about people in general. It fits in the whole theme of the game which is redemption. She redeemes you and you get the chance to do the same thing for her. You get to change sides at the beginning Bastila faces Darth Revan and at the end of the story it's the other way around.

Well. When she becomes your apprentice, if you choose DS, she kinda loses her personality, only saying things like: "Yes Master", "An excellent suggestion, master" and "Revan is your master now, you can either accept this, or be destroyed."

I agree it's fun to have someone adore you like this, but she's a butt kisser. :lol:

When you say lust for power, you mean her DS apearence? If not I would disagree with you. She had an obsession to prove herself worthy of her gift. Remember that she is already a hero when you first meet her, so she tries to act a perfect jedi not fully understanding what that is. I think her story is dramatic not because of her backstory but because of what she goes through during the game. She chooses to save the PC life, linking her self to the former dark lord of the sith forever. Although she could have just left Revan to die. She sucrifices her self for Revan for the second time, hardly the actions of a powerhungry person. She falls to the darkside (after a week of torture, unlike Juhani). And if you choose to redeem her (which is the proper LS thing to do, considering what she has done for you), she comes out not afraid to be herself anymore and not hiding behind an image she made for herself.

Bastila's story is quiet tragic in a way. What makes her deep is that she goes full circle like Revan realizing on the way things about herself and about people in general. It fits in the whole theme of the game which is redemption. She redeemes you and you get the chance to do the same thing for her. You get to change sides at the beginning Bastila faces Darth Revan and at the end of the story it's the other way around.

Gawd! Fanbois! :lol:

It's settled then. Bastila is the deepest character in the game. The writer said so himself. If you try to argue, I'm just going to cover my ears and say nya nya nya.

I think everybody sees different things. Even the author can be biased.

It's settled then. Bastila is the deepest character in the game. The writer said so himself. If you try to argue, I'm just going to cover my ears and say nya nya nya.

I think everybody sees different things. Even the author can be biased.

That's just wishful thinking.