The It's Disappointing Thread II - The Sequel

I hav today thought of perhaps another reason for the USA Xbox release in december and the international release in february.

The Xbox USA version gets released in december, in time for the christmas rush. This=Lots o Money

The international release is february. I happen 2 know that Star Wars Episode 3-Revenge of the Sith, is released in early 2005, which could be anywhere between January 1st and March 31st. With the hype over the movie, more people buy Star Wars game (inculding KOTOR2, which will be released around the same time). This=Lots more Money.

It makes sense dont it.

Revenge of the Sith comes out in May in North America, and I think a few weeks or a month later in the rest of the World.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I hav today thought of perhaps another reason for the USA Xbox release in december and the international release in february.

The Xbox USA version gets released in december, in time for the christmas rush. This=Lots o Money

The international release is february. I happen 2 know that Star Wars Episode 3-Revenge of the Sith, is released in early 2005, which could be anywhere between January 1st and March 31st. With the hype over the movie, more people buy Star Wars game (inculding KOTOR2, which will be released around the same time). This=Lots more Money.

It makes sense dont it.

Perfect sense. Get one batch of sales at Xmas (with the Xbox version when consoles and console games are being bought by parents for their spawn at an alarming rate), then another batch (pc version) at some over hyped release party. (the kind that have become so nauseating in Hollywood in recent years)

It makes sense dont it.

Revenge of the Sith comes out in May in North America, and I think a few weeks or a month later in the rest of the World.

Well if simultaneous movie release date crap is the ploy, then we might have to wait until May.....

I think obsidian owes us fans a real explanation of what the cause is. I have trouble believing that Obsidian couldn't get the two released at the same time if they really wanted it, but I want the real answer. Not just some vague: we thought the time would better suit the economy thing. Give us answers...you owe us that much at least.

I think obsidian owes us fans a real explanation of what the cause is.  I have trouble believing that Obsidian couldn't get the two released at the same time if they really wanted it, but I want the real answer.  Not just some vague: we thought the time would better suit the economy thing.  Give us answers...you owe us that much at least.

Akari did provide an answer in the other thread.

It's LucasArts that still hasn't bothered to acknowledge their blatant deception in marketing/advertisement.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think obsidian owes us fans a real explanation of what the cause is.  I have trouble believing that Obsidian couldn't get the two released at the same time if they really wanted it, but I want the real answer.  Not just some vague: we thought the time would better suit the economy thing.  Give us answers...you owe us that much at least.

Akari did provide an answer in the other thread.

It's LucasArts that still hasn't bothered to acknowledge their blatant deception in marketing/advertisement.

But what real advantage would it be for them? They don't get paid for being pricks and ***holes, do they?

But what real advantage would it be for them?  They don't get paid for being pricks and ***holes, do they?

Two viable options:

1)Microsoft gave them "incentive" to hold back on the PC release in hopes that people will dish out money to buy an XBox to play the game.

2)A marketing plan that wasn't thought out well enough and lead them to claim things that the development team could never live up to, in which case they should look into hiring more compitent staff in the marketing department.

I see more reasonable and calm people have been posting within the last hour or so....PC versions takes more work....But I am pretty sure both versions will have very little bugs "if any"..

Hang out with friends...play new games... and eat and sleep and shower...and by the time you realize it you PC games dont have to duck and dodge spoiler forums like bullets anymore..

I hate the feeling of being second rate just because I use my PC as my gaming platform. It actually made me happy when they said that both versions were going to be released at the same time. Then it felt like Obsidian, at least, would hold the PC banner high. It's that disappointment that hurts me the most.

On the other hand, pirating this game to "punish" the developers is absolutely moronic. No matter the release dates, you should always support the quality developers who spend their working days making games for us. Unfortunately, this gap between the US and the European release dates is bound to take its toll om the sales over here. It's sad that LucasArts doesn't understand how much they hurt themselves by this decision.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yah, but what if some of us don't care about battlefront? There are not many PC RPGs that are good being made now adays, and none in KOTOR style. I've been a KOTOR afficiando for a long time. I waited 2 years for the first one to come out, checking the site 3 times a day. This has been a violation of trust.

Just a quick question. Why isn't the international xbox version released in december as is the U.S. one? Does it really take 2 more months of programming to make it? Also it doesn't make sense from a busine$$ point of view since many of us "international" people celebrate christmas as well (or might be willing to buy a c**pbox for their offspring around that time).

If this has been asked before, can anyone direct me to the thread?

Why isn't the international xbox version released in december as is the U.S. one? Does it really take 2 more months of programming to make it? Also it doesn't make sense from a busine$$ point of view since many of us "international" people celebrate christmas as well (or might be willing to buy a c**pbox for their offspring around that time).

America is perhaps the biggest consumer market out there for computer games.

They r problably thinking, if the Americans give it excellent scores, then the rest of the world will get it in feb. America is like a test subject for the game. They test it (see how well it sells in USA) and then release it internationally since they r expecting excellent reveiws from the USA.

They r problably thinking, if the Americans give it excellent scores, then the rest of the world will get it in feb. America is like a test subject for the game. They test it (see how well it sells in USA) and then release it internationally since they r expecting excellent reveiws from the USA.

Flawed logic. If the game does get crappy reviews, they'd want it to be on the market at the same time in the US and Europe so noone has time to read reviews before running off to the game stores.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hmm I guess that kind of makes makes sense if the U.S. xbox version is not playable on international xboxs. There is however xbox piracy nowadays (They use their pc's to download that stuff. How annoying is that? )

On a completely different matter. I loved that flamewar friday. It was excellent. :D

Star Wars Galaxies: Jump To Lightspeed

Manufacturer: LucasArts

Release Date: 27 Oct

missed that in my checking of games out for Christmas.

LA probably does not want to compete with itself.

And as for who's being treated worse... Galaxies for the Consoles has been completely dropped.

Star Wars Galaxies: Jump To Lightspeed   

Manufacturer: LucasArts

Release Date: 27 Oct 

missed that in my checking of games out for Christmas.

LA probably does not want to compete with itself.

And as for who's being treated worse... Galaxies for the Consoles has been completely dropped.

Yah, but Galaxies is what alot of people here hate.

This forum is owned by a gaming corporation.

Talking about modchips and piracy here is like talking about counterfeiting on the US Treasury site.

Silliness to expect to be able to.

I wasn't not talking about them Adria. I was just saying that Billy Gates Boxes, for anyone who wants to, have just as much piracy as PC. You didn't see any links from me did you? :(