The It's Disappointing Thread II - The Sequel

Talking about p***** is not the same as p***ting games. We were only discussing the rationale behind this whole release date thing. I WILL buy this game, but by looking at all those angry reactions lately i doubt everybody will. The point being that I think OE, LA, MS or whichever company is behind this all, might be shooting itsself in the foot with all of this.

I will censore myself from now on.

BTW, I found some interesting stuff the other day when I was looking for X-Box sales numbers on gamespot. Do a search for 'Black Belt Console' (A.K.A. Dreamcast) in their news section....apparently Microsoft wrote the OS for all of sega's consoles, back to their Genesis days.....could this have had something to do with their ultimate failure at selling Console hardware? The Dreamcast was phased out just as the Billy Gates Box was brought in....innnnnnteresting. :p

even though the pc version is released later obsidian will probably give you guys more stuff than in the xbox version, when the pc version shipped for kotor it came with the downloadable content and the xbox users had to wait a couple of months, or you can do what i did and get an xbox purely for tsl (i dont regret getting an xbox for kotor), you might as well get one right now anyways for halo 2 which i don't think is shipping to the pc at the same time...

even though the pc version is released later obsidian will probably give you guys more stuff than in the xbox version, when the pc version shipped for kotor it came with the downloadable content and the xbox users had to wait a couple of months, or you can do what i did and get an xbox purely for tsl (i dont regret getting an xbox for kotor), you might as well get one right now anyways for halo 2 which i don't think is shipping to the pc at the same time...

Or they could just decide to screw over the PCers...more....

Of course it isn't, it's going to take us an entire YEAR to get it just like with the first one. Even though it was originally a PC title before M$ bought Bungie out. <_<

Though there is a certain appeal to hooking up a mouse and keyboard, and slaughtering everyone on Halo 2 multiplayer. :D

Of course it isn't, it's going to take us an entire YEAR to get it just like with the first one. Even though it was originally a PC title before M$ bought Bungie out. <_<

Though there is a certain appeal to hooking up a mouse and keyboard, and slaughtering everyone on Halo 2 multiplayer. :D

I've heard Halo might be on X-box 2...

I've heard Halo might be on X-box 2...

There's lots of rumors about the Billy Gates Box Next. Halo 2 comes out in November...but I've heard all sorts of sctuff about the Billy Gates Box Next not being backwards compatible after all (CRAP!) and that they'd be selling newer ports of all their old titles at full price (DOUBLE CRAP!). It sounds to be the stupidest thing that Mr. Gates could do. But I doubt it's true. I think that Billy Gates Box Next is going to have variable size HDDs, since they're sold separately a la PS2, it's going to support modding, and it's going to be even more PC like than it's predecessor. I mean, that seems to be Billy's goal, stomp out all other competition, even PC, which has been a gaming platform since before any real consoles. :p

So this thread is about Halo and Xbox hardware now?

No. No it's not.

Actually it's about x-box quite alot and Halo happened to be relavant. The fact is that Gates is looking to squeeze as much money as he can. Not backwards compatible? That's saying you'll have to buy remakes of the same games if you want them on your x-box 2. I used to be a windows fan...

Anyway, who do you think is more to blame? LA or Microsoft?

LA.

And just so you know, further discussion of pirating, whether academic or not, will result in the thread being locked.

Don't have much control over that one.

Ummm, where's the discussion about pirating? I've seen very little.

BTW, I haven't been sassing you in any meaning of the word...unless you're gates or lucas in disguise!!!

So this thread is about Halo and Xbox hardware now?

No. No it's not.

Actually it's about x-box quite alot and Halo happened to be relavant. The fact is that Gates is looking to squeeze as much money as he can. Not backwards compatible? That's saying you'll have to buy remakes of the same games if you want them on your x-box 2. I used to be a windows fan...

Anyway, who do you think is more to blame? LA or Microsoft?

M$. I can't see any reason for LA to have held it back if that press release Kumquat posted was true. I guess it might have killed their Battlefront sales, but wouldn't it have been more efficient to push back Battlefront since they NEVER said that it'd be released simultaneously? Fact is, Gates has been buying up as many RPG and Sim devs as he can to try and have the Billy Gates Box compete with the PS2. FPS devs are easy to come by, they love cross platform releases.....but RPG devs....

LA.

And just so you know, further discussion of pirating, whether academic or not, will result in the thread being locked.

Dammit, there goes my gold star. -_-

LA.

Ummm, where's the discussion about pirating? I've seen very little.

BTW, I haven't been sassing you in any meaning of the word...unless you're gates or lucas in disguise!!!

Twas me, I'm a naughty, naughty boy. ;)

LA.

I See. In that case I will limit my spamming to the lucasarts fora.

Nice...mind if some of us join u?