Poll: Odds of Bastila coming back

What are the approximate odds of Bastila making a cameo in KotOR II ?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What are the approximate odds of Bastila making a cameo in KotOR II ?

• 100%
    • 75%
    • 50%
    • 25%
    • 10%
    • 0%

KOTOR was BioWare's story. Obsidian, especially since they are setting the game 5 years later, should just stay away from the original game's storyline and only bring it up loosely. I'd rather Obsidian focus on their own storyline. So no Bastila would be preferable. She was good but not exceptional to the story anyway. I became annoyed with her a bit in KOTOR1.

KOTOR was BioWare's story. Obsidian, especially since they are setting the game 5 years later, should just stay away from the original game's storyline and only bring it up loosely. I'd rather Obsidian focus on their own storyline. So no Bastila would be preferable. She was good but not exceptional to the story anyway. I became annoyed with her a bit in KOTOR1.

I don't believe that OE could get rid of Bastila that easily. She was one of the main characters in the story and one the best developed ones (besides Yuthura)...

Besides, there is a great number of people (myself included) who would love to see her again in KotOR II.

I found this interesting information on Lucasfiles, where some guy who was on EIII

and talked to Obsidian officials gives a report about Sith Lords:

Further tying the old game with the new, expect old characters to make cameos. In fact, some of the cast from the old game will even come back as part of your ten character entourage. Which characters will be returning was still being kept quiet, but you can all rest assured that the developers over at Obsidian are quite aware who the fan favorites are.

Who can be our favourites? I think Bastila, Canderous and HK 47.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Perhaps the new characters will be so much more captivating that we won't care as much if Bastilla is reduced to a minor role at best.

Agreed.

A decent minor role is better then a major role that's just used to put the character in there.

Never really cared for Hk and I thought T3 was pointless. But I think why they were added in was said to keep some the SW feel by having the droids be involved much the same way Artoo and C3 were in the movies.

Yes, but there WAS no interaction between T3 and HK which made it pointless. :o

Yes, but there WAS no interaction between T3 and HK which made it pointless.

IIRC there was a conversation between Hk and T3 if you used them both in their party but I never did so I can't confirm that. HK was funny(if not a tad bit scary) but anything he could do I had another party member that could do as well or better and the same with T3. Not to mention T3 was not as good in a fight as the other characters.

Carth and Mission as well as Mission and Zal had 2. As for anyone else I don't know.

Carth and Mission have two about her being a kid/him being old and what not.

Mission and Zal have one about his breath and one about his fur. Rather funny.

Carth and Mission as well as Mission and Zal had 2. As for anyone else I don't know.

Carth and Mission have two about her being a kid/him being old and what not.

Mission and Zal have one about his breath and one about his fur. Rather funny.

Mission and Saalaadbar's were funny.

Saalaadbar: Mission! How many times do I have to tell you, you don't trim a wookie, you don't brush a wookie, and you DON'T dress a wookie!

Mission: Yeah, but c'mon you could start a whole new trend!

:lol:

There will be plenty of new characters in KOTOR2, but if you want have anything to tie the two games together. Exept hey it's been 5 years... Then maybe there is no reason to call it a sequel.

Anyway I am intrigued to see more about the new characters, it's just they shouldn't destroy what people liked about the old game.

Yes, but there WAS no interaction between T3 and HK which made it pointless.

IIRC there was a conversation between Hk and T3 if you used them both in their party but I never did so I can't confirm that. HK was funny(if not a tad bit scary) but anything he could do I had another party member that could do as well or better and the same with T3. Not to mention T3 was not as good in a fight as the other characters.

Nope. At least for some odd reason the trigger point on Tattooine in Anchorhead sure didn't make it happen. I mean, those two had so much potential....HK could've asked T3 if he had any aspirations of overthrowing his meatbag overlords instead of being a subservient little twit.....but nothing. :lol:

My favourite characters were Jolee and HK-47.

Having said that, I don't know how anyone can really say any of the characters in the game were really "deep." Especially all the support for Yuthura. She was interesting, but there was not enough interaction as far as I'm concerned to make her deep, nor really any of the characters.

The characters in PS:T were much deeper IMO, which has me all geeked up for KOTOR II.

Imagine what would happen if your new MC was responsible for Bastilla's death.

Maybe that's why he got booted out of the Order?

Mmm, no... it's been said the new lead will be exiled before the events of KotOR, and thus was conveniently out of the picture when all that happened. It can be said that either the Master's exiled him for being in the Mandalorian war, doing something bad in the Mandalorian war, or for being an annoying little twit. The PC might have exiled him/herself, even - though I think there's evidence saying that THAT isn't a true possibility.

I'm really hoping for more satisfying character interaction.

On topic...

What are the odds of Bastila coming back? err... this thread is dead...

Game Informer confirmed that HK would be "making an appearance". No surprise there, since pretty much everyone liked him. Jolee was my favorite character. His humor really added a lot to the game, and I'd love to see him return.

I'm purebred Irish, but raised by an Italian step-family.

So I can drink people under the table, and cook!

Heh. My family's home town had a fire department that was half Irish and half Italian. The station had two rooms, a kitchen and a bar :D

Imagine what would happen if your new MC was responsible for Bastilla's death.

Maybe that's why he got booted out of the Order?

Mmm, no... it's been said the new lead will be exiled before the events of KotOR, and thus was conveniently out of the picture when all that happened. It can be said that either the Master's exiled him for being in the Mandalorian war, doing something bad in the Mandalorian war, or for being an annoying little twit. The PC might have exiled him/herself, even - though I think there's evidence saying that THAT isn't a true possibility.

I'm really hoping for more satisfying character interaction.

On topic...

What are the odds of Bastila coming back? err... this thread is dead...

Or maybe it was a self-imposed exile like Count Dooku.

There is the matter of the lightsaber, but perhaps the main character willingly turned in his lightsaber (like Kyle Katarn)?