Poll: Odds of Bastila coming back

What are the approximate odds of Bastila making a cameo in KotOR II ?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What are the approximate odds of Bastila making a cameo in KotOR II ?

• 100%
    • 75%
    • 50%
    • 25%
    • 10%
    • 0%

Being that she had such a huge role in the events of the first game wheather it be Lightside or Darkside, she should at the very least be mentioned.

I seriously doubt she will be left out completely. She had enough fans out there, and she was pivotal to KOTOR's storyline (maybe a little too pivotal).

If Obsidian actually wanted Bastila's role to be minimal or nonexistant, I believe they have no one but themselves to blame for placing the timeline only 5 years later. As has been suggested, if TSL was about 50 or so years later, then it'd be a lot more feasible to not have Bastila be involved in the story in anything but a mere mention capacity. As it is, the games are too close together not to mention her without making an awful lot of people upset, not to mention tampering with continuity.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Right now we don't know much about the new characters or plot line, so it will be rather difficult to speculate how the characters from the two games converge.

So I will continue to throw out Cyborg speculations. Maybe Bastilla is an evil Cyborg sent from the future to kill us all in KOTOR:2, and Revan comes back as a Cyborg programmed to protect us.

all we know as of yet, concerning the Kotor story is Revan's quest for the Star Maps, and his confrontation with Malak. There are lots of unknown points in Kotor 1:

As M. and R. were falling into the dark side, there were certainly great Sith in the galaxy as well. I don't recall being told in Kotor 1 that M. and R. did anything more than find the space factory and operate it in order to conquer the republic -there was no mention of whether Malak confronted the greatest Sith that were already there, as he 'assumed the mantle of the dark lord'. The only person he seemed to have challenged at all was Revan, and that was more like an act of envy.

My 'knowledge' of the EU is extremely weak, so correct me if I'm wrong, but at this time period, the absolute duality of the Sith wasn't yet established. Keeping in mind that in Kotor 1 we were shown only those planets with a star map on them, it's perfectly feasible that in other planets, Sith lords as strong as, or maybe even stronger than, Malak were in power; and maybe they even chose to remain silent, allowing Malak to conquer the republic with his 'endless' army, only to later overthrow the pretensious fallen jedi who thought he was the great sith lord. Now they're going to start revealing themselves, in the second episode.

We know neither how M. and R. began the search for the star forge, nor how it came about, that they generated not only machinery and weapons, but founded the like of an Empire, and had flocks of people join their ranks as well.

We don't know either what happened to the army that was already 'generated' and roaming the galaxy, after the 'battle of the Star Force', whether it was annihilated or not.

We know little about what sort of a 'war' it was, that the Sith and the Republic were engaged in, after all. Again I think too little was revealed, what the republic army was doing all that time; was the battle ofthe star forge their first proper response against this endless army? what were they doing before? What were the jedi and politicans in Coruscant thinking to do about the Malak threat all that time? -the answer to that can't be that "they were hoping for someone to come up and start discovering ancient maps that could help", or that "they were hoping the newly programmed Revan to defeat Malak and put an end to all this".

and all I was saying the previous posts was that in the next episode we'll start seeing a bigger picture; and both Revan and Bastila ought to be key characters of that 'bigger picture', I'd hate to see those characters downplayed.

also: this starting interview is going to take place *inside the game* and won't be like an options screen beforehand. now, our character in TSL is supposed to be in exile all that time, how precise a knowledge of the events of Kotor 1 *can* he have anyway?

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

correct me if I'm wrong, but at this time period, the absolute duality of the Sith wasn't yet established

Exactly. This system appeared after Ruusan battle 1000 years before Skywalker

when Darth Bane reformed sith traditions. Title "Darth" which was Bane's name

also is used among the sith who exist AFTER Ruusan Era NEVER before, becouse

this title was kind of a ceremonial respect toward the foundator and reformer of the Sith - Darth Bane (and so we have Darth Imperius, Darth Sidious, Darh Tyranus, Darth Vader and many others) What was really pathetic in KOTOR was that idiots from Bioware used the title Darth which shouldn't appear at all in this time period. It only shows us how weak knowledge about EU have developers of original KOTOR (not to mention about other flaws).

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

What was really pathetic in KOTOR was that idiots from Bioware used the title Darth which shouldn't appear at all in this time period. It only shows us how weak knowledge about EU have developers of original KOTOR (not to mention about other flaws).

Maybe Darth Bandon was Darth Banes great great great.... great grandfather.

Yeah sure...or maybe Bioware devs never looked into Robert Vitas' Star Wars Encyclopedia or any other source.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Almost everyone I know, including myself, left him to die, because we didn't think there was any option to save him. Took me two plays, after reading on some forum that I could save him.

I still didn't know you could save him.......how????

I strongly believe that Bastilla's appearance should be strictly dictated by the Players choices at the begining of the game. Besides since the player chooses how the previous story ended then there sould definetily be an option about Bastilla's survival since she only dies if Revan decides to kill her on the Star Forge. So since there is the possibility of her death during KOTOR 1 then the player could choose outright her death from the begining of the game. If the Sith had prevailed then Bastilla follows Revan as his/hers apprentice and if Revan followed the Light then agian she must have joined him/her. The fact of the matter is this: Revan's fate is joined with Bastilla's. They have a bond so when Revan Leaves for unknown space then Bastilla should definetily join hm/her in his/hers quest. Ex or present Sith Lords don't wander around the galaxy aimlesly. Bastilla AND Revan are definetily going to make an appearance in the Sequel with one way or another. :ph34r:

Unless Revan disappears because of Bastilla's death.

Also, would Revan be so attached if Revan were a female?

Almost everyone I know, including myself, left him to die, because we didn't think there was any option to save him. Took me two plays, after reading on some forum that I could save him.

Case in point...

You just have to fight it out when the MIBs and UNATCO Troopers start raiding the apartment. The key to saving him is to exit the Hotel by the FRONT entrance rather than the window.

Liberal use of LAMs on the approach to the apartment = the battle pretty much over before it begins. Having saved him, he'll appear alive in the medical facility of the MJ12 compound when you're captured, after which he'll appear at Tracer Tong's place when you've finished Hong Kong. He'll also communicate with you a bit at Area 51.

Otherwise, saving him or leaving him to die has little effect.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I saved him on my first playthrough, because I played that scene like I expected JC would, by staying back and defending him. (What kind of brother are you to abandon Paul?!).

All you have to do is stay in the room and fight the MiBs, and get killed. You and Paul end up in captured by the MiBs.

In Jedi Knight we had two alternative endings yet later in Jedi Outcast devs

showed only light side ending as real one. Here should be the same solution:

only one of the endings is real. Who remembers today that Katarn became Dark Emperor? Everyone just know that he freed jedi ghosts from the forgotten valley.

I think that bioware made a great mistake by giving players chance to kill Bastila.

Now we have

Yeah but there is general storyline of whole series. Do you realize what chaos would we have in Jedi Knight series if devs would got both endings as real?

Besides I don't know how it is possible to dislike Carth or Bastila? They are very interesting characters with their own problems and they are more human that

most characters in video games. I can't imagine killing anyone of them...

Jedi Knight 2 would NOT have been the same game it is today if they somehow incorporated two endings.

Besides, since you play Kyle Katarn in both games, obviously they need to consider something like that much more strongly.

However, since we do not play Revan or Bastilla in this game, it is much simplier to deal with.

how would you implement Bastila in KotOR II without giving her a role that would overshadow the story?

Has it been stated how big a role Revan will play? I know it's been said we'll find out what his destiny was/is but that doesn't mean he/she will play a huge role in the game. Could simply have Bas's destiny,alive or dead,be done as part of that line in the story. Wouldn't have to over shadow the whole plot of Sith Lords.

I'm under the impression that the devs have said that Revan will play a vital role in KotOR II, thus Bastila will aswell. Please correct me if i'm wrong about this (with links or quotes :().

Any reason why didn't you have LS female listed up there?

Forgot to add that part. Sorry.

A million things could have happened to Bastilla to prevent her from being with Revan.

I guess she should have looked both ways before crossing the street.

Maybe she tried to betray him (if Revan took LS, then she never fully became LS and fell to DS again...if Revan took DS, then it's only inevitable that she would try to eventually become Dark Lord of the Sith). In any case, I think all the characters can be unmentionable in the entire game, with the exception of Revan. Since he did do something with the Star Forge, there should be a mention of him at the least.

Being that she had such a huge role in the events of the first game wheather it be Lightside or Darkside, she should at the very least be mentioned.

I seriously doubt she will be left out completely. She had enough fans out there, and she was pivotal to KOTOR's storyline (maybe a little too pivotal).

I don't think she was that pivotal actually. It was something Revan had to deal with.

Was she really THAT big of a deal? She is a Jedi that turns to the Dark Side, and Revan deals with it by recruiting/redeeming her and killing her.

I guess she did have the Battle Meditation......

The Mortal Kombat games had multiple endings, and the sequels only recognized one true ending.

It works for Mortal Kombat. I don't think it works for RPGs. If the devs are clever, then they can integrate the multiple endings, which I think they have.

The problem is when you have a lengthy series. What about KOTOR:5?

Yeah sure...or maybe Bioware devs never looked into Robert Vitas' Star Wars Encyclopedia or any other source.

Maybe a vast majority of Star Wars movie fans (like myself) do not read the EU. "Darth" makes more sense in their eyes.

The Mortal Kombat games had multiple endings, and the sequels only recognized one true ending.

It works for Mortal Kombat. I don't think it works for RPGs. If the devs are clever, then they can integrate the multiple endings, which I think they have.

The problem is when you have a lengthy series. What about KOTOR:5?

I think that's why the characters from the first game cannot make that big of a deal.

I still hope they are characters are not wasted! There should be some kind of conection between the two game beyond the name.

Anyway part of the problem is that Bioware did not provide a good ending, thats why so many people want to know what happened afterwards with Bastila and others.