KOTOR II Characters

If so, are there any prestige classes in Star Wars d20? Also, when should one gain the right to choose to be one, at lvl 15 perhaps?

Many.

In the Star Wars d20 system prestigue classes (and in many other d20 systems) are handled by pre-requirements and usually there is no level requirement .... just skills, feats and in some cases some special requirements (such as being part of some organization).

The only one I remenber with level requirement is the Jedi Knight prestigue class that must be taken at level 8 (if not in error) but that only valid to characters with at least one level on a Jedi class.

drakron.png

If so, are there any prestige classes in Star Wars d20? Also, when should one gain the right to choose to be one, at lvl 15 perhaps?

Many.

In the Star Wars d20 system prestigue classes (and in many other d20 systems) are handled by pre-requirements and usually there is no level requirement .... just skills, feats and in some cases some special requirements (such as being part of some organization).

The only one I remenber with level requirement is the Jedi Knight prestigue class that must be taken at level 8 (if not in error) but that only valid to characters with at least one level on a Jedi class.

So in other words, if someone specializes in forcepowers for each level, will the character achieve the status Jedi Master after he/she got enough skill points?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

But didn't the devs say it was going to exceed lv20

So?

They can butcher the d20 system as BioWare did and end up with same results, just because they can code the progression to over 20 levels does not mean its a good idea or that it will work.

In my opinion it will fail, the simple fact that Epic levels in D&D required a whole new book because class progression had to be altered says a lot.

I do not belive they can make it work and even if they do its not Star Wars, epic levels simply dont fit on the Star Wars universe (and that is also the opinion of the people that written the Star Wars d20 system) and it will look out of place but ... sadly, many people will just not get that.

drakron.png

So in other words, if someone specializes in forcepowers for each level, will the character achieve the status Jedi Master after he/she got enough skill points?

Oh yes, I am looking at the class requirements and it needes to be at lv7 or higher, 6 ranks in See Force plus 20 total ranks in other force skills and take on a padawan or have 13 or more jedi class levels.

Jedi Master is lv 10 prestigue class, not a lv 5 prestigue class so naturaly a lv 10+ character can be a Jedi Master.

There are no force powers in Star Wars d20 as in SW:KotOR, the force system is skill based.

drakron.png

Don't get me wrong I love a challenge its just having that kind of power level and having a challenge would be nice, If they play there cards right they might be able to pull it off since there adding new force powers, skills ,feats ect it might could exceed level 20 plus im looking forward to a longer version of the game

Definitely. I wonder what benefits will be reaped from first usage of the Presitge Classes...

what's a presitge class?

I dunno, what's a prestige class with you?

*drum roll*

*complete silence*

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

will people actually get more use out of watchman than they did sentinel

I hope so. Sentinel was mediocre at best.

The only reason anyone ever used a Sentinel is because Bastila was a Sentinel, and some guys find animated renders with associated pixels attractive (don't ask me why).

"You shall not pass!"

Indeed. Guardian was only good for powerful fighting and Force Jump.

Consular was best because you could persuade anything that moved, and use all kinds of other force powers all the time. Who needs hand-to-hand combat when you can blast your opponent from afar with a lightning storm?

"You shall not pass!"

When I played a Guardian, I put all my skill points into Persuade. You didn't need any other skills. You could heal yourself (like combat was a challenge anyways) with the Force. Other party members handled demolition and computer skills if I so desired. I never needed to repair droids for back-up. I could bash any lock. So I had persuade maxed.

When I played a Guardian, I put all my skill points into Persuade. You didn't need any other skills. You could heal yourself (like combat was a challenge anyways) with the Force. Other party members handled demolition and computer skills if I so desired. I never needed to repair droids for back-up. I could bash any lock. So I had persuade maxed.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I did too, when I played Guardian.

"You shall not pass!"

Guardian and consular definatly got put to use more than sentinel

My pc was a scoundrel/consular w master two weapon fighting full armor capacity and two basic attacks

guess I like a smart and strong character he uses his mind instead of his sabers but when it comes down to a fight you don't want to be on the recieving end

that was my favorite anyway

ps: check out www.starwars.com they have put kotor 1 character bios on the web site