Ranged weapons more powerful - why?

Lucas does mention his commercial success a lot. And before Episode 2, he did an interview with Time, I believe. He mentioned that he secludes himself on his Ranch, and just ignores the media. He had no clue that the fan community hated Jar Jar until the media junket for Episode 2 when interviewers asked him about. He then responded that fans didn't like Ewoks, but that Return of the Jedi did fine at the Box Office.

Lucas does mention his commercial success a lot. And before Episode 2, he did an interview with Time, I believe. He mentioned that he secludes himself on his Ranch, and just ignores the media. He had no clue that the fan community hated Jar Jar until the media junket for Episode 2 when interviewers asked him about. He then responded that fans didn't like Ewoks, but that Return of the Jedi did fine at the Box Office.

That's fux0red on so many levels I don't even know where to start.....I hate George Lucas, he's killing Star Wars. :)

George Lucas' strengths don't make his weaknesses and stupid fallacies a strength as well.

I think he meant idiot when he made the Jedi sit and die like idiots.  If you ask me, if you want to simulate strategically deep battles you needs someone who knows what to do.

That is very true.

I just see it like this though. GL is a man, like every man he makes mistakes and many mistakes that many can point out. Overall I like the man and respect him.

Again, if it wasn't from him then we wouldn't be talking about a TSL. Hell, if it wasn't from the prequels we probably wouldn't be talking about a TSL. The prequels gave SW more life in my mind. Some for the negative and some for the postive, but at the end it obviously worked cause....you are here right now.

I'm looking for it as of now but I remember an old KOTOR interview in which the guy said that KOTOR was heavily inspired by the prequels. :ph34r:

:) Gl may be a man and yes he can make mistakes but as the creator of SW and a man with incredible resources at his disposal there is no excuse for the stupidity of the prequels. GL isnt making honest mistakes. He's just flat out being stupid.

I am here IN SPITE of the prequels. Your idea the prequels must work somehow just because we dont entirely abandon SW is absurd but Id expect nothing less from you. If it werent for him blah blah thered be no SW blah blah. Maybe so but would we be worse off for it? Not really. Not if hes just going to butcher SW. It is not like he invented pennicillin. I can live without SW.

You go find that interview because it doesnt exist. KOTOR was an homage to the ORIGINALS. NOT the prequels. If you hung out on the Bio boards fans regulary started topics on the fact KOTOR reminded them of the prequels and they found this distressing. It took a lot of soothing from other posters and the devs that KOTOR would not be as horrible as the prequels. So maybe the prequels inspired the art of KOTOR. I am fine with that. The prequels definitely look nice. But they borrowed storyline elements from the originals which is why KOTOR was good.

Overall I dont like GL and I dont respect him just because he made 3 good movies. He didnt do it alone.

I hope, HOPE, that Episode III will be a great movie. Not because I want it to save GL's reputation, but to save the SW series. As it is, it seems a lot of people were put off by the two prequels so far, so if the third is a complete bust, then that'll permanently stain the SW universe. But atleast if the final episode recreates the atmosphere and story of the Original Trilogy, IMO it will atleast save the series from forever being remembered for two sub-par movies.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I severely doubt Indy 4 is going to happen at this point.

Lucas was a fool to turn down M. Night's offer to write a script, and an ever bigger fool to throw away Darabont's script after saying no one could write the script but Darabont.

Darabont has done some brilliant script-work so far in his career. Spielberg liked Darabont's script. Ford liked it. Lucas said everyone hated it. Hrmm....

Spielberg has far too many projects on his plate, and Ford is getting old. Connery is getting, well, ancient. I hear they are digging his grave as we speak.

There's a similar type game coming out called The Fall that seems kind of interesting.

Although I think it might be a bit more like Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel than the first two games...but here's hoping otherwise.

You go find that interview because it doesnt exist. KOTOR was an homage to the ORIGINALS. NOT the prequels. If you hung out on the Bio boards fans regulary started topics on the fact KOTOR reminded them of the prequels and they found this distressing. It took a lot of soothing from other posters and the devs that KOTOR would not be as horrible as the prequels. So maybe the prequels inspired the art of KOTOR. I am fine with that. The prequels definitely look nice. But they borrowed storyline elements from the originals which is why KOTOR was good.

Actually I thought KOTOR was better than the OT. :-

And I do not see why the prequels were "oh so horrible." They weren't much different from the original 3.

I dont mind the prequels that mutch but i do GREATLY prefer the original trilogy.

OT rocks.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I dont mind the prequels that mutch but i do GREATLY prefer the original trilogy.

OT rocks.

You won't after GL f*cks with them in the DVD release. :angry:

Lol, why is that?

You wouldn't understand Mr. Mouthpiece....let's just say the Greedo shooting tragedy will be increased tenfold from what I've seen so far. ;)