Ranged weapons more powerful - why?

I dont mind the prequels that mutch but i do GREATLY prefer the original trilogy.

OT rocks.

You won't after GL f*cks with them in the DVD release. :angry:

Lol, why is that?

You wouldn't understand Mr. Mouthpiece....let's just say the Greedo shooting tragedy will be increased tenfold from what I've seen so far. ;)

What can I say, its George Lucas. :lol:

Either way, the SW OT DVDs has already setted records with the most pre-orders at many stores and is expected to sell a ton. So obviously the Greedo situation or any other situation for that matter....really doesn't seem to be a concern.

I dont mind the prequels that mutch but i do GREATLY prefer the original trilogy.

OT rocks.

Lol, why is that?

You wouldn't understand Mr. Mouthpiece....let's just say the Greedo shooting tragedy will be increased tenfold from what I've seen so far. :lol:

What can I say, its George Lucas. ;)

Either way, the SW OT DVDs has already setted records with the most pre-orders at many stores and is expected to sell a ton. So obviously the Greedo situation or any other situation for that matter....really doesn't seem to be a concern.

Gee, what a Lucasian viewpoint. "Screw the hardcore fans who supported me all these years, they don't make up enough of a market prescence to take their opinions into account; it'll still sell just fine." ;)

OT rocks.

Lol, why is that?

You wouldn't understand Mr. Mouthpiece....let's just say the Greedo shooting tragedy will be increased tenfold from what I've seen so far. ;)

What can I say, its George Lucas. :(

Gee, what a Lucasian viewpoint. "Screw the hardcore fans who supported me all these years, they don't make up enough of a market prescence to take their opinions into account; it'll still sell just fine." ;)

Well, how much of a fan base do these hardcore prequel-hating fans really make up? For all we know its just a vocal minority that's casting an illusion of being popular opinion by just moaning loudly.

I guess I shouldn't expect much else from people who blatantly disregard the opinions of anyone who might've been introduced to Star Wars in more recent years and thus view all 5 movies in the same light (as opposed to putting OT in a holy light).

It's funny because the OT doesn't even match the high standards "everyone" established it as! :lol:

Gee, what a Lucasian viewpoint. "Screw the hardcore fans who supported me all these years, they don't make up enough of a market prescence to take their opinions into account; it'll still sell just fine."

Well, you can't really fault him. He's created a trilogy so famous that it's name alone will sell pretty much anything. Why should he care what a couple of fans think. He's rich and famous enough to not care.

Gee, what a Lucasian viewpoint. "Screw the hardcore fans who supported me all these years, they don't make up enough of a market prescence to take their opinions into account; it'll still sell just fine."

Well, you can't really fault him. He's created a trilogy so famous that it's name alone will sell pretty much anything. Why should he care what a couple of fans think. He's rich and famous enough to not care.

Still a rather terrible outlook man. I hope that should I ever create something so worthy of note, I don't forget the people who made me what I am. :rolleyes:

And just for the record, I was introduced to SW in recent years, I'm only seventeen after all. Just barely old enough to remember the OT though, and I mean the REAL OT, not this Special Edition Bullsh!t that's being forced on us by the mighty Lucas. :angry:

OT rocks.

Lol, why is that?

You wouldn't understand Mr. Mouthpiece....let's just say the Greedo shooting tragedy will be increased tenfold from what I've seen so far. :(

What can I say, its George Lucas. :(

Ah yes of course. Quantity equals quality. Of course. :rolleyes:

Quantity seems to have a quality all its own nowadays.

At least this special edition makes me cherish my old OT VHS tapes all the more.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

• 3 weeks later...

Jedi (guardian types at least) will still be more powerful than someone wielding a blaster. But in KOTOR1 blasters were a joke, they were much too weak in my opinion. Especially heavy repeaters. They need some tweaking so that the you actually have a reason to use non-jedi characters.

I liked episode 1 and 2 quite a lot

allmost as much as the original trilogy, but who cares what I think...It doesn't change a thing.

Don't worry about if it changes anything or not. If you enjoy them that's what should matter to you.

I'm 23 and like the OT,SE,and Ep1 and 2. Plus I'm looking forward to Ep3. Everyone is allowed to have their own POV on the issue. Some people like the changes and others don't. Can't please everyone all of the time.

I like the prequels. They aren't blasphemous slaps in the face to the OT. Some people need to calm down. Lets not make this the Catholic curch or anything. But I must agree, the worst thing George Lucas has ever done is make Greedo fire first.

Wait, why did I come into this thread? Oh yeah, it's supposed to be about KOTOR 2.

Well I thought the prequels were awful. They turned the greatest Sci-Fi movie series into a show for 5-8 year olds (at least episode 1 did). I thought Episode 2 was one of the most over acted movies. The story was good, but anakin (and sometimes padme) almost got me to cry...in dissapointment. Anyway, the range at which you can target enemies (not shoot or attack) needs to be expanded so even longer range guns are virtuous.

Well I thought the prequels were awful. They turned the greatest Sci-Fi movie series into a show for 5-8 year olds (at least episode 1 did). I thought Episode 2 was one of the most over acted movies. The story was good, but anakin (and sometimes padme) almost got me to cry...in dissapointment.

I like the prequels. They aren't blasphemous slaps in the face to the OT. Some people need to calm down. Lets not make this the Catholic curch or anything. But I must agree, the worst thing George Lucas has ever done is make Greedo fire first.

As I said before,can't please everyone all of the time. With any type of entertainment personal taste is going to come into play. It's sad in away that the new movies have some what devided what was at one point a rather close group, that being "Star wars geeks". Nothing going to change that now I guess.

Yah. I think that the new trilogy seems to be for a different audience and generation than the original trilogy.

To a point I agree with you there. I think Lucas waited WAY too long to make the new movies. I don't think it was created for a new generation,I think he took the new generation into account and created something that a lot of the fans of the original 3 didn't like. A lot of people have said that he "forgot" about the original fans,I honestly didn't see that. He tried to hard too blend two styles and it didn't work for a lot of people. When you wait as long as he did between the set of movies it's a situation that's kind of hard to avoid.

Well, the newer ones seem to appeal to a different type. Episode 1 is largely a litle kid's movie (punctuated too infrequently with what I consider good stuff). Episode 2 is an action/romance with a different style than episodes 4-6.

Well, the newer ones seem to appeal to a different type. Episode 1 is largely a litle kid's movie (punctuated too infrequently with what I consider good stuff). Episode 2 is an action/romance with a different style than episodes 4-6.

I know a few people that call the OT nothing but kids movies as well. They're all in their late 40's early 50's so in part age comes into play I guess.

Ep1 had it's childish moments but the same could be said for ANH and has by some of the people I know. It's true that he added some things that were some what childish and pry could have been done without but the main plot followed pretty damn close to the path ANH took. Small threat that needs to be taken care of,said threat is then taken care of but the over all threat is still out there. One of the main difference between Ep1 and ANH is with ANH you didn't know there would be any movies like you did with TPM.

Empire was a romance in part,but that was more of a side story.In Ep2 it took more an up front role but that's to help set up the L twins being born. Understandable,at least to me,why that was part of the main focus of that movie.

It's not just elderly people. Myself and virtually all my peers (I'm 15) feel ep 1 is for 8 year olds and ep 2 is a pathetic excuse for a romane, but has a couple cool fighting scenes.

Wasn't saying that is 100% that way. Just pointing out that there are those that feel the OT is just as much a kids movie as the new ones.

*LOL*And I think the people I know would be very upset at you calling them elderly,though I find it funny as hell.

Yah, I'm tired, and my vocabulary is running really low. What should I have said? I know middle aged. My bad. Really, I am sorry.

Heh,no need to say you're sorry. They don't come in here and even if they did they couldn'd/wouldn't do anything.

I've been a SW fan since I was in diapers and part of me finds it kind of sad how much the new movies have divided the fans. But at the same when you're dealing with personal taste it's going to happen. If he'd made the new movies in 86 and ran them then there might not have been the problems. Meh,but that's just my opinion so who knows.