Sleheyron

Should the planet Sleheyron be in KOTOR II?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Should the planet Sleheyron be in KOTOR II?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

Sleyheron is a planet never explored so there is no reason for it not to be included. Another thing planets should have more variety in landscape but still have a feel that makes it unique from everywhere else in the galaxy.

It wasn't exactly an argument that I was making, about LOTR. It was more of an expression.

Yes, it's brand new. What says they'd have to use the same story, characters that Bioware put in their notes? It HASN'T actually been done yet.

Was Tolkien reusing his own work when he changed notes before writing the final product? No! That's because no one had ever SEEN his work before. Would it really be that different if Bioware handed over notes to OBsidian, and obsidian changed and added their spin on things? No, it wouldn't, because it would essentially be Obsidian's work forever after. The handing over of notes would make it collaboration; Obsidian wouldn't be stealing anything unless they totally reused all of Bioware's ideas.

What do you mean by, "more interesting"? Are you saying Bioware shouldn't have put tattooine in? No; and tattooine included everything we know about that planet from the movies, with a new spin. If you think they shouldn't have put Tattooine in, I don't see why it matters. There was plenty of original content there.

Edit: and I agree with anari as well.

Forgot to clarify I mean make the culture of the people, the species, and the languauge different from planet to planet. This will make it more believable. In the original there was an overabudance of the same attitude on most planets.

Haha, like the classic, "We're so poor, wretched and innocent down here, us CONVICTS AND OTHER'S THAT HAVE SPENT OUR LIFE IN A DESERT OF BLOOD AND HARDSHIP". That, my friends, wasn't good writing. Amusing, yes, but a bit out of place. It totally destroyed the experience, and didn't even do satire well (if that's indeed what it meant to do)

But yeah, there needed to be more flavor in the game between planets. Strangely enough, I really liked manaan's flavor even though it was pretty excruciating in some ways to play through.

OI, this topic is dead.

Yeah. Yuthura shouldn't be there. But HK should if you remeber he quite enjoyed the Planet.

I mean if the game lets you decide whetever you killed Yuthura then maybe she should return.

I only wanted to visit Sleheyron is because it's in Hutt Space like Nar Shaddaa I thought would be interesting to visit a planet in hutt space.

If it's not in the game's inital release they should make a downloadable content like Yavin was.

Who cares about Sleheyron. There are far more interesting ancient locations like Onderon, Ambria, Stenness Hyperspace Terminal, diamond world of Arkania, Cinnagar, Deneba, Koros Major, Yavin IV, Exis Station, Rhen Var...is your knowledge about ancient Star Wars galaxy limited only to what you have heard in KOTOR?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
is your knowledge about ancient Star Wars galaxy limited only to what you have heard in KOTOR?

Not really, but many here have not dived THAT deep into the Star Wars univesite; I for one, I know of some planets outside for the ones appearing in the movies and some of the games we've seen so far. But in many cases, I only know of the planets to name only, not to properties, climate and other things that might make them more interesting for me to want to see...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I thought the selkath sounded pretty cool :huh:

And because I havnt seen any planets except from kotor and the films i wouldnt know, but i really dont care because I know they are going to be cool B)

and i also hope you have a few more hair styles because in the screenshots ive seen the pc looks like a beatles reject!

"I would prefer Obsidian to come up with some of their own worlds rather than use the scraps that Bio couldn't fit into their game."

I would love Obsidian to use scraps Bio didnt use! It would just make the game bigger! Who wouldn't want an extra world? Heck they could use an extra world for just side missions. That would be sweet! And make the game a lil non-linear. Although throughout the linearness of KotOR, it was still sweet.

But of course I would liek Obsidian to come up with their own planets. But Nuthing wrong with using something already a bit built too!

Ambrosia3.gif

More importantly, does this planet that we know nothing about fit in with the theme, scope and story of The Sith Lords?

People may have a problem with so many planets, but each new world offers the possibilities of new aliens, new flora, new fauna, new cultures, new stories, etc.

I think it's a little unrealistic and sad that each planet is so simplified, but I think it's a cop out. The movies only spend so much time in each location. Authors can take more time in various locations expanding on these worlds.