Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What are you Playing Now? Volume XX: It all Begins Again

Featured Replies

5 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

Sorry!

But you should've posted earlier. I regularly check this forum but only once a day. )

Yeah, there'll surely be a sale on it again very soon.

Can't believe I missed listing Palace of Ice. Duh. Yeah, you definitely want that one too. All the content DLCs.

I am a little disappointed because I was waiting for your response but its not your fault

I saw Solasta on special last week and I should have asked the DLC questions back then as you said

The biggest problem with Steam or GOG specials is who has the time to constantly see what's on special especially with how quick things change? There are several YT channels that do all this work for you and I have a preferred one called Cold Beer. He gives a quick summary of each game and he uses timestamps so you can just browse the list. I like his humor as well and he releases a video every second day more or less so I watch him 2-3 times a week so I can see what is current

Here is an example of one of his Steam Autumn sales specials. You and others should subscribe to it, it really makes being aware of the relevant specials easier 👍

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

 

 

I have my wishlists here:

https://gg.deals/

That way I just check that.

Back to Solasta. I enjoyed the main campaign, even though it isn't something special. It scratches that RPG itch though far more than a lot of the RPGs that try to be special. I found the Palace of Ice DLC very satisfying.

And I found the valley campaign surprisingly fun as well. It is a nice bit of content to come back to later, after finishing the main game, when you have played something else for a palette cleanser and think "Solasta was fun, why don't I try that extra campaign?"

Signature space available for rent

7 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

The biggest problem with Steam or GOG specials is who has the time to constantly see what's on special especially with how quick things change?

I'll alert you if I see it on sale. Since I have Solasta II in my wishlist, and am subscribed to the developer newsletter for both games, I should get the alerts when they are released.

2 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Grew kinda bored with 7 Days again. Looked at my Wishlist. Looked at "new survival/sandbox+ other indie games" videos and store pages. Watched some TV for a while. Then went back to 7 Days 3.0, again.

One of those periods where I fairly seriously feel Ike uninstalling everything left on my PC (well, except maybe 7 Days as my singular sandbox) and "quitting" gaming. Nothing feels icompelling/interesting anymore to my puny brain. I'd rather sip tea and watch the trees in my backyard. Maybe in another 3-5 years.

Have you looked into Reka? https://store.steampowered.com/app/1737870/REKA/

Signature space available for rent

41 minutes ago, melkathi said:

I have my wishlists here:

https://gg.deals/

That way I just check that.

Back to Solasta. I enjoyed the main campaign, even though it isn't something special. It scratches that RPG itch though far more than a lot of the RPGs that try to be special. I found the Palace of Ice DLC very satisfying.

And I found the valley campaign surprisingly fun as well. It is a nice bit of content to come back to later, after finishing the main game, when you have played something else for a palette cleanser and think "Solasta was fun, why don't I try that extra campaign?"

Thanks, I have never used that site before

I am going to look into it because it gives you discounts across multiple sites

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

 

 

You can set up alerts with the desired discount or just historical low etc and select for which stores. So if you own a game on GOG, you get alerts for the DLC only for GOG and not a dozen storefronts selling Steam keys.

Signature space available for rent

Finished Nighthawks. It has some amusing moments, but a bit too linear with act endings and inflexible with the options.  

Act 4, ending, spoilers

So, there was a trial, with all previously met characters appearing and saying a few words. I watched the judge's bar filling completely, then a plot twist happened and the trial was lost. It was unexpectedly funny, especially considering that the scene was called the Trial of [PC's name], so the Trial of Big **** for me. 

To elaborate on the choice of name, I was quite unhappy with the lack of some basic functions, such as windowed mode, while the developers so "wisely" invested in implementing full VA (which I disabled on hearing the second NPC I met), so it was one of 3 occasions where I saw the name. 

Ending(s), spoilers

So, disappointingly, the jolly masked lady's plan was to release a bunch of hungry vampires on the city, while, in the particular setting, the vampires reproduce by biting without any additional actions and can feed only on humans. Thus, math did not exactly support that plan. But at least the final mission included briefly hanging out with 2 NPCs I liked. 

The other ending was just restoring one's good name and becoming the head of the local vampire population. Which is duller, but less puzzling. 


Tried Ruin: Beast City, demo. Overall, looks lovely, runs well, the hitboxes are a bit odd, the full keyboard and mouse rebinding will be in the full version. It is a boss rush game about an assassin hunting supernatural beings.

I completed AC Unity and its DLC after about 50 hours. It was fun and delivered in the expected and limited way that all Ubisoft games do

Firstly the rendition of France during the revolution was both authentic and stunning. Ubisoft always creates its time periods accurately. You get to meet famous and infamous people like Napoleon and Robespierre and you visit many historical sites like the Bastille . The game also gives you historical information on all these things so if you have interest in history its like being in a time machine

The other mechanics were fun as usual . The standard 8-10 assassinations can always be completed in different ways so you can be strategic. I had one very frustrating target, Marie who was at a party. And I died about 14 times before I could finally kill her and then escape

You have some interesting skills and weapons so you can customize your assassin and combat approach like all AC games. I only played SP so much of the MP mechanics was wasted on me and that includes certain missions

Overall I had fun but I was happy to complete the main mission with the time I spent. 40 hours completing side activities and main missions was enough. It not like Odyssey or Valhalla which were much more engaging AC games with more worthwhile activities


Its gets a solid 62\100 on the globally respected " BruceVC game rating system "

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

 

 

To follow up on the previous post, Nighthawks has a better saving system than most/any WoD VNs, a better story and the player's agency than Vampyr, and better performance than Bloodlines 2. Admittedly, all those titles were severely lacking in the particular aspects, but all together it comes to a not too horrible experience.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.