What You've Done Today - Yesterday is but today's memory, and tomorrow is today's dream.

8 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Pfft, thats been done to death. What we REALLY need to drill down on is why everyone blindly accepts that a small band of metal around a single finger can improve your armor score! MADNESS! 

Same logic as with the bikini really. It isn't the scrap of metal that improves the armour, but the negative space left behind by the absence of more metal. The attacks hit the negative space where the armour would have been but isn't and thus hit nothing.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

It's hard for me to be mad at boob plate or chainmail bikinis in terms of protection after playing WotR, where wearing nothing at all can bring far more armor class than full plate and a tower shield. Something something game system vs realism.

The bigger issue with the boobplates is that more often than not they look bad. Fantasy artists really need to up their game and make armor more interesting generally, most of it (within singular games/settings) is too similar, there's maybe small differences for gender (bewbs and curves for teh laydeez, ironman form fitting for teh fellas) and otherwise only the designs on specific armors being different or they'll just slap some spikes on teh eevull armor.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Boob plate I can live with in a pinch. I don’t mind sacrificing real world physics for a bit of “aesthetics”. Chain mail bikinis not so much. Just too silly.

Anyway, sitting in the airport at the moment and waiting for my plane. Next stop Singapore then Copenhagen. Going to enjoy a few weeks in Europe

🛫

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I am reading up on how to make scale mail.

I should be able to adapt that to make clothes out of wooden forks.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I rented out the first house I ever owned for three years before the tenet ask me if they could buy it, which they did. Ive heard lots of horror stories but I had a great experience being a landlord. Of course I hired a realtor to handle it for 10% of the rent. Ive always had a dream of owning a 3-flat, renting out two of them and living in the third, all free due the income of the two rentals.

• Thanks 2

Nice going at the stock markets, good thing I dumped my tech investments a month ago. I thought I was playing it super safe by leaving this early, but apparently not. Hindsight says nigh perfect timing. :p

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I should buy some Intel stock.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Got my scheduled surgery for tomorrow cancelled, so yay, food. And I don't need to take 4 disinfectant showers.

• Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Have a week off work, so enjoying doing a whole lot of nothing.  Will have to go teach neighbour how to secure a flag (once I learn), his damn flag ends up in my yard every other day

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 8/7/2024 at 7:04 PM, Malcador said:

Have a week off work, so enjoying doing a whole lot of nothing.  Will have to go teach neighbour how to secure a flag (once I learn), his damn flag ends up in my yard every other day

As an update, I now own a Ukrainian flag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

I got to experience a little bit of Hurricane Debbie last week.  That was fun. 

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

22 minutes ago, Amentep said:

I got to experience a little bit of Hurricane Debbie last week.  That was fun. 

Hope you got out of it without much damage.

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Just got back from a week in Cancun. Now I need a vacation from my vacation. 😴

So is west coast better then east?

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

So is west coast better then east?

The West Coast is significantly better. If I had to rank them:

Cabo San Lucas

Cancun. This is the hotel we stayed at this time: Riu Palace Kukulkan · Adults Only Hotel in Cancun 

Playa del Carmen

This space reserved.

This space reserved.

Punta Cana (Dominican Republic).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sarex said:

Hope you got out of it without much damage.

I was traveling, so not much effect other than being stuck in my hotel room with the city I was in shut down.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Watched the Perseids

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Internet has been down most of the day which sucks because we both work from home. Called up the ISP and they were less than helpful and I had to basically prove I was down for them to send someone out in almost 2 weeks. Can't go 2 weeks without working so I'll probably switch back to Comcast tomorrow if the situation doesn't resolve itself overnight. This was my first bad experience with CenturyLink but boy was it a doozy.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Sitting at the departure gate in Copenhagen airport waiting for my flight home. Arghhh… I hate long haul flights 😖

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I think I might have undersold what I did yesterday a little bit, but I was kind of out of it. 😅

I watched the Perseids fall through the aurora.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Internet has been down most of the day which sucks because we both work from home. Called up the ISP and they were less than helpful and I had to basically prove I was down for them to send someone out in almost 2 weeks. Can't go 2 weeks without working so I'll probably switch back to Comcast tomorrow if the situation doesn't resolve itself overnight. This was my first bad experience with CenturyLink but boy was it a doozy.

Have you ever thought about a backup line?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

3 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

^If its not too personal, what were you scheduled to have operated on the other day?

My foot, it's still broken, technically, since last october. The bone pieces healed separately (pseudoarthrosis) so they're going to do... something. I assume it will either be hacksaws, rippers, hammers, dremels, chisels or any combination of the above to get them to join again, then possibly a nailgun to make sure they stay together.

Edited by Azdeus

7 hours ago, Sarex said:

Have you ever thought about a backup line?

I just use my phone as a hotspot in pinch. I can't work like that for more than a few days though. Comcast is same day and despite all their flaws, and they are legion, I need quicker response times to issues. CenturyLink was solid for 5 years but even then a 2 week outage is unacceptable. I probably just needed a new line or ONT box. I could have even run and tipped the fiber myself as I used to do it back in the desert in my imperial youth.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21