The All Things Political Topic

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

Dunno if he is vastly more mentally cognitive.

And I dont disagree, the hardcore Trump supporters are acting like there is  nothing wrong with Trumps mental acumen but he is  definitely showing signs of mental deterioration

So people  laughing and mocking Biden now can have there fun but these things tend to come back to you 

Vastly is the wrong word, lets just say he is more mentally cognitive than Biden  at the moment 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

No Im not saying that, I have said he does believe in certain of there policies because some of the policies are Conservative views

But Project 2025 is a 900 page document and I can guarantee he is not going to implement everything they think should be implemented

So we can be  specific about what you think he may or may not align with?

Seems akin to playing Russian roulette, if people are really concerned about Project 2025.  How do you know what Trump believes  ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Seems akin to playing Russian roulette, if people are really concerned about Project 2025.  How do you know what Trump believes  ?

We dont , you right 

We only know that over 100 Conservative thinktanks have come up with there own  Conservative policies and views that they want Trump to implement 

And yet Project 2025 for some reason seems to get the most attention and then there is obvious misinformation about how significant there specific policies  are  to Trump and Trump and his campaign have distanced themselves from this but yet people keep raising this. I heard the same thing today on one of our  talk shows where the talk show host  said " Trump is going to follow Project 2025 ideology " 

I know nothing about Project 2025. I have not seen it, have no idea who is in charge of it, and, unlike our very well received Republican Platform, had nothing to do with it. The Radical Left Democrats are having a field day, however, trying to hook me into whatever policies are stated or said. It is pure disinformation on their part. By now, after all of these years, everyone knows where I stand on EVERYTHING! DJT " 

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/112765952710871414

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well, Project 2025 is kind of wacko - I still am puzzled as to what giving public school kids the ASVAB is supposed to really accomplish - so that's what people are concerned about it.  Given Trump is an inveterate liar, people discount his denials, which makes sense.

Remember, all he has to do is get votes, once he's in, no backsies.

• Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Well, Project 2025 is kind of wacko - I still am puzzled as to what giving public school kids the ASVAB is supposed to really accomplish...

I havent read their manifesto, but can you expand on this? I know the ASVAB as being Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a test a person takes to get into the military (sort of like the SAT). Are they wanting to replace the SAT with something else?

15 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

I havent read their manifesto, but can you expand on this? I know the ASVAB as being Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a test a person takes to get into the military (sort of like the SAT). Are they wanting to replace the SAT with something else?

https://static.project2025.org/2025_MandateForLeadership_CHAPTER-04.pdf

Entrance criteria for military service and specific occupational career fields should be based on

the needs of those positions. Exceptions for individuals who are already
predisposed to require medical treatment (for example, HIV positive
or suffering from gender dysphoria) should be removed, and those with
gender dysphoria should be expelled from military service.

Heh. Also down the list they complain about "Marxist indoctrination" :lol:

Not replacing the SAT, just want to give high schoolers the ASVAB to help with recruitment.  Only public schools though.  From what I've read over the years, people in the US don't want to enlist as the job sucks so to speak.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BruceVC said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/07/05/trump-project-2025-disavowal/

@Pidesco

We had this debate a few weeks ago and I said that the Heritage Foundation does not represent the official policies of Trump or what policies he believes in 

Im not sure if you aware this has been confirmed 

" As we’ve been saying for more than two years now, Project 2025 does not speak for any candidate or campaign,” the statement said, noting the project represents more than 110 conservative groups planning for the next GOP president. “But it is ultimately up to that president, who we believe will be President Trump, to decide which recommendations to implement.”

Yes, I have to concede that the venal liars said something that they feel is politically expedient, so we have no choice but to believe them. Oh, well.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

We took the ASVAB in high school, is that not a thing anymore? It's been 20 years since I graduated HS.

It's not a requirement in High School in California (nor is the SAT test). You don't usually take it unless you've met with a recruiter for service.

You only have to take the SAT's if you want to get in to certain colleges. It has become less important in the last decade, although it seems to be making a comeback. The SAT is a **** test, btw. It isn't a good indicator of the modern skills students need to succeed today. It is outdated and fails to really measure cognitive ability. It does not hold up to Bloom's taxonomy. 

I have no idea how the ASVAB does in that regard. I hear it is better.

10 hours ago, BruceVC said:

History IMO will remember him in an overall  favourable way

I'd suspect so as well, and that wouldn't be true for many recent politicians. He's favoured a bit by having Trump as a comparison and so looking a lot more, hmm, normal in pretty much every respect but he seems to have done his best over a very long time period and despite a lot of stuff which would have given others serious issues. He's also one of the few US politicians who seemed pretty genuine rather than just sculpting everything for politics, though that may mean he was just better at sculpting than most.

The only major criticism I can think of offhand for his presidency- beyond the institution/ systemic ones they all suffer from- was the chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan. Which had a lot of mitigation given it was a Trump era deal and the failures that lead to that collapse started 20 years earlier but still, having the government not even last up until departure time was Bad even if it was likely inevitable whatever the schedule for leaving.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

What !!!! You havent read there 900 page manifesto, everyone has read it 

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24088042-project-2025s-mandate-for-leadership-the-conservative-promise

Its only 925 pages,  read it today and then we can discuss it tomorrow :lol:

• Haha 1

John Milton 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/harris-leads-trump-44-42-us-presidential-race-reutersipsos-poll-finds-2024-07-23/

Some interesting early polling data around Harris being Bidens nomination and Biden not running 

" Vice President Kamala Harris opened up a marginal two-percentage-point lead over Republican Donald Trump after President Joe Biden ended his re-election campaign and passed the torch to her, a Reuters/Ipsos poll found.That compares with a marginal two-point deficit Biden faced against Trump in last week's poll before his Sunday exit from the race."

Its early days around how this Dem candidate  change will influence voting decisions but this election is no longer the " guaranteed " Trump win if Biden was still running 

John Milton 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Yes that was something  else  I noticed, she has achieved record funding for her campaign in a such a short time period 

And this is another example of the appetite Democratic supporters for  a credible candidate to challenge Trump

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

musk take back the promise of 45 million per month donation

such is the fickle favor of billionaire

destroy entire industry destabilize nation allow them to underpay and abuse worker cut their tax allow them to set up extortionate monopoly funnel billion worth of contract to their company

and they still wouldn't throw a few hundred million at those poor campaign

• Haha 1

At this point Donkey from Shrek would be preferable over Trump.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

18 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

At this point Donkey from Shrek would be preferable over Trump.

This is pretty topical to me personally because I literally told someone recently that I'd vote for a Shrek .jpeg over Trump.

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

hottest month in history

all the other political nonsense will stop matter in few decade

big pharma are also selling 40 dollar drug at 40000

such beautiful world can surely last forever

Edited by uuuhhii

Actual official statement.

image.thumb.jpeg.975501c1679518c2398f0ed8d82e7bd1.jpeg

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: