What are you Playing Now? - Right Now at the moment edition

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

Fo3 is garbage, sorry but it's fact. Everyone who disagrees is either too young to know better or has no taste. šŸ˜„

Even if you remove the "Fallout" from the name and see it as a generic post apocalyptic game, it's mediocre at best, still bad in many areas.

Of course you entitled to your opinion but you not explaining why you think its garbage?

Maybe just use 4-5 bullet points why you think that?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his lossā€

John MiltonĀ 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.ā€ -Ā  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ā 

Ā 

Posted (edited)

Gameplay is crap, enemy mobs around every corner. Bethsoft thinks you have ADHD and need attention every 20 seconds or you might get bored and quit. Worldmap is typical Bethsoft theme park with a new attraction around every corner. Story is complete garbage, actually all dialog is garbage. Three Dawg can shut the hell up. Consistency of the gameworld doesn't exist - what do people eat? Why are there raiders and dead bodies everywhere? Why do we need Super Mutants on the east coast? Why did we need to rehash the Enclave that was wiped out in Fo2? Why bring back the BoS again and make them shining knights? Why bring Harold to the other side of the continent just to turn him into a tree? This is ****ing bull****. Also lots of bugs - last time I tried it for lolz, I've played for 30 minutes. Then I've reached Megaton and the game kept crashing, so I just gave up.

Man, I can keep going forever, but it has been talked to death for years now and I'm just tired. So my tl;dr is ... it's a bad game.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

9 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Of course you entitled to your opinion but you not explaining why you think its garbage?

Maybe just use 4-5 bullet points why you think that?

Not only did you reply in earnest to a bot spam post, you also somehow missed @Wormerine's link to the video literally called:

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

10 hours ago, majestic said:

Not only did you reply in earnest to a bot spam post, you also somehow missed @Wormerine's link to the video literally called:

Ā 

Firstly the " spambot " made a post that I agree with based on my review post of what IĀ  posted earlierĀ 

Secondly I dontĀ  use SM comments and videosĀ  when its better to ask people on aĀ  forumĀ  to respond, thats more accurate and its about lived experience. Anyone can find a video on Youtube to support there views, thats not the same as your opinion

Ā 

Ā 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his lossā€

John MiltonĀ 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.ā€ -Ā  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah, sorry, for a moment I forgot who I am replying to. I'll just show myself out. :shrugz:

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, Lexx said:

Gameplay is crap, enemy mobs around every corner. Bethsoft thinks you have ADHD and need attention every 20 seconds or you might get bored and quit. Worldmap is typical Bethsoft theme park with a new attraction around every corner. Story is complete garbage, actually all dialog is garbage. Three Dawg can shut the hell up. Consistency of the gameworld doesn't exist - what do people eat? Why are there raiders and dead bodies everywhere? Why do we need Super Mutants on the east coast? Why did we need to rehash the Enclave that was wiped out in Fo2? Why bring back the BoS again and make them shining knights? Why bring Harold to the other side of the continent just to turn him into a tree? This is ****ing bull****. Also lots of bugs - last time I tried it for lolz, I've played for 30 minutes. Then I've reached Megaton and the game kept crashing, so I just gave up.

Man, I can keep going forever, but it has been talked to death for years now and I'm just tired. So my tl;dr is ... it's a bad game.

[Perception 7+] But if Three Dawg shuts the hell up, how is he to fight the good fight with his voice?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'd just like to point out that the spambot post that BruceVC was apparently replying to has now been deleted.

P.S. Yes, I am a bastard.

• Haha 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Posted (edited)

Hellpoint. It is a sci-fi Souls-like. Defeated the second boss (while dying to a projectile at the same time as landing the final blow; the boss itself was a pair of foes - one a teleporting mage with ranged attacks, another a flail user who also had ranged attacks which were killing me in 1 combo if all 3 hits landed). There seem to be several additional systems - I had a new group ambush in a previously safe corridor (the fog gates appeared on both sides and the opponents were teleporting in), then a green invader attacked me after the boss battle. The invader wore the same equipment as I did. The jumping and platforming feel more responsive and precise. Estus restores all health and recovers on killing (a lot of) enemies. The controls are rebindable, but the menu controls keep resetting between sessions (and having "Confirm" on Enter instead of Space is not convenient). The lack of pause and the position being saved upon exiting to the main menu is rather unpleasant. I have not noticed anything too bad, but I can't say that I like the game. The story premise, where you are an artificially created human clone or an android sent to gather data, is not exactly bad, but the said data seems to be scattered in 0.67% pieces across the world, instead of more specific directions of "Defeat the four Lords" or "Ring two Bells of Awakening".

Edited by Hawke64

Posted (edited)

Hellpoint. Climbed almost on top of a spacious vertical tunnel (or whatever that was) and accidentally jumped back from a "ladder" instead of to the left. Decided that the game might not be for me after all. While it is possibly the best platforming I have seen in a Souls-like, it is not exactly comfortable to play. I am unsure if the passage I took was mandatory or optional. In general, the lack of landmarks (there are a lot of corridors) makes the navigation more challenging than it should be.

Crystal Tales Tactics. The developers resolved the progress-stopping bug at the end of Chapter 8, but the intro cut-scene in Chapter 9 gets stuck.

Edited by Hawke64
  • Like 2

Necromunda: Hired Gun has an achievement to kill 100 enemies while wallrunning.

I don't think I have killed any enemies while wallrunning at all...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

*grumble*

If I were a dev, I'd make cooperative achievements that the community unlocks together...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Posted (edited)

Quiz: Can you guess who finds things to do other than the work they are supposed to do?Ā 

(Answer at the end of post)

Ā 

The thing I like best about Necromunda: Hired Gun, other than that AA charm that AAA for all their production value so often fail to have, is a tiny detail:

When sentries first spot you, in many games they will go through variations of "Who's there?" "I think I heard something..." "Is somebody there?" "What are you doing here?" "You are not supposed to be here!" "Intruder!"

In Necromunda: Hired Gun it is "He's here!" or "She's here!" Showing that they know who you are and know that you were the imminent threat to them. It is a tiny line, but it does more to tie my character into the mission fighting generic mooks than most games with fancy writers.

Ā 

Ā 

Quiz Answer: melkathi

Edited by melkathi
  • Thanks 1

Im about 15-18 hours into F:NV and its been the incredible and predicted positive experience that I knew it was going to be

The mods I loaded from Viva NV and other additional mods seem to have created the ideal wasteland experience for me
And as usual I must talk about MO2 and how it helped with troubleshooting because you typically experience most mods conflicts in the first 2-4 hours and once you fix them the problem is resolved

Firstly I noticed immediately that Doc Mitchell had the pink mesh problems around his character and that was related to the Fallout Character Overhaul

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54460Ā 
So I did some troubleshooting from the mod Nexus page and everything seemed fine but then I realized I had made a mistake with this mod and I had installed a hotfix with the " Replace" option and not the " Merge" or " Rename "
Merge should always be used for hotfixes because it just replaces similar files which is what you want, Replace deletes all assets and just uses the new ones and that meant my mod obviously wasn't installed properly because you need the original mod files with the hotfix.Ā I then rechecked about 3-4 other mods and reinstalled them with the " Merge"

That fixed my pink mesh problem. I then noticed I had a problem with circles in the sky and thats a known problem around Desert Natural Weathers and conflicts with other weather mods. But I was confused because the Desert Natural Weathers was the last ESM in right of MO2 but then I noticed that Realistic Wasteland Lighting was conflicting around meshes in the left side of MO2 so I just changed the order of Desert Natural Weathers on the left so it was lower than Realistic Wasteland Lighting and the problem was solved

And then Im using mods like World of Pain which adds lots of new and fun quests like Vault 40 and the Harder Barter Faster Stronger which makes the overall economy and resources much more difficult and Im spending lots of time finding resources and being selective about what I can sell. It adds to the overall survival element of the game when money is always a factorĀ 

The only thing Im " unhappy " about are my companions and how they too powerful and unbalance the dangers of combat. I loaded a mod that allows Companions to die in combat but I will keep the autohealĀ  for companions after combat because I can live with that convenienceĀ  and Stimpacks are in short supply anyway with the mod settings I useĀ 

But great experience so far and modding has really improved the vanilla game

• Thanks 1

John MiltonĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

19 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

troubleshootingĀ 

Ā 

I gave up on Troubleshooter two missions before the end of the second DLC. The difficulty in later content just ramped up too much, requiring delving into mechanics a lot more to counter all the defenses of various enemies with very specific builds. It just is too much hassle and the story has dragged on longer than necessary anyway.

• Hmmm 1
  • Sad 1

So I was one of the people who genuinely enjoyed Cyberpunk 2077 even in its near-launch state, and thought that despite its issues, it was one of the best games of the year. Today, I finally started the Phantom Liberty expansion, and I now hate Cyberpunk 2077.

Platforming, long linear sequences where you can't save, mandatory boss fights... yeah, it's made pretty much the worst first impression possible. Any pretense of it being an RPG are gone, and it's just moving from set piece to set piece in a completely unreactive way like I imagine Call of Duty does - with the caveat I've never played Call of Duty. It's a complete genre-shift into a genre I outright despise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

So I'm looking at sales and right now I'm thinking I'll finally given Elden Ring a go. But will I need a gamepad? @BartimaeusĀ @majesticĀ I think both of yall are into souls games, so i'd appreciate anything you could help me with here.

Also looking at Skald: Against the Black Priory and open to any other recs.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"YouĀ are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfullyĀ it seems like the creatorsĀ like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don'tĀ forgetĀ the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"AreĀ you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feralĀ camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Playing any Souls game without a gamepad is just madness.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Today, I finally started the Phantom Liberty expansion, and I now hate Cyberpunk 2077.

Platforming, long linear sequences where you can't save, mandatory boss fights... yeah, it's made pretty much the worst first impression possible. Any pretense of it being an RPG are gone, and it's just moving from set piece to set piece in a completely unreactive way

I didnā€™t get to Phantom Liberty yet, but it sounds to me a bit like Mass Effect situation. A bad RPG, that later dropped pretences of being and RPG and became third person shooter with chatting and minor customisation.

2 hours ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

I'm thinking I'll finally given Elden Ring a go. But will I need a gamepad? @BartimaeusĀ @majesticĀ I think both of yall are into souls games, so i'd appreciate anything you could help me with here.

I think playing Souls with a keyboard and mouse will feel very unintuitive. I would recommend picking up a controller - some games just play so much better with it.

I donā€™t have time to check it right now. But Mortismal tends to play all games with k&m. Probably have something to say about Elden ring I that regard.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

But will I need a gamepad?

Yes. You can probably make that a yes for any third person action (adventure/rpg) game with soulslike in its description. Unless you're religiously opposed to gamepads I really recommend finding out whether you like the hand and finger breaking PS-style controllers or the proper ones, and picking one up you like. Some of them can be a bit pricey, but there's plenty of good ones that won't cost you an arm and a leg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As topic is: "What are you palying right now" ... :)

At the moment I'm playing PoE 1.

Before that I played a little bit Fallout 3.

Before that - Dragin Age Origins.

• Thanks 1

Jeez I just saw that Phantom Liberty slander. The addon is amazing and I'd say in total I like it more than the main game. Good quests, good verticality in the level design, interesting characters, nice visuals. The criticized linear sequences are just the intro chapter, after that you're in the usual open world and can do whatever.

• Thanks 1

I'm sure it does get better, because it can scarcely get worse. The prospect isn't all that enticing at the moment since it resulted in me rage-quitting, so we'll see if I give it another shot once I cool down.

That said, nod of respect to being allowed to abandon the main quest and just let fate take its course.

While I'd like to have turned the quest down in dialogue, you can just walk away away to effectively reject it, and the president dies. I'm just not a bad enough dude to save the president, I guess. And the game is kind enough to let you into Dogtown later anyway to access the vendors and some of the sidequests, apparently.

Actually

after having freely looked up spoilers since my rage-quit (as I am wont to do after losing trust in a game), I think rejecting the quest is absolutely the in-character thing for my full-stealth, zero-points-in-combat V anyway. If I ever start a fresh new game, I'll try a more unhinged character who focuses on blowing up stuff with extreme prejudice.

Aside, the intro's extended nighttime sequence has shown up the contrast limitations of LCD monitors as brutally as any game I've ever played. Doesn't help that LG's nano-IPS panels have some of the worst contrast around. So if there is a silver lining, it'll be that it accelerates my purchase of a new OLED monitor.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G