Ukraine Conflict - "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them."

Mamoulian War

4 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

Kreml obviously has absolutely no fear of NATO, as evidenced by numerous decisions during the war. NATO also isn't a threat to Russia, which is also obvious.

It would actually be quite interesting to know which percentage of Russians seriously regard NATO as a threat. Putin, quite rightly, doesn't, and neither do his generals and other allies. But the people? I'd love to know, but of course I won't.

It is an interesting question but it would be almost possible to get accurate polling  information on the question " which percentage of Russians seriously regard NATO as a threat or the enemy  " but its obviously peddled by the Russian state media 

But here is probably the best answer to that question and its another Daniil Orain video where he asks a similar question and the answers are more honest because its a neutral question and wont get you arrested 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Putin decided to escalate to conflict to immeasurable levels, by allowing his lapdogs to poison wife of Ukrainian Head of Intelligence Budanov…

• Thanks 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

50 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Did Ukraine not carbomb a daughter of some Russian figurehead a while ago...

You forget how the rules work. There are civilians and "civilians".

She's very into anti-corruption work too, no ? That could be one other way.  Thinking about it, you could off some people easily as everyone would think it would be the Russians. 

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

39 minutes ago, Sarex said:

if you mean Darya Dugina then possibly. I don't think anything was ever resolved with that, Russia said it was Ukraine, who denied it, and some other group took credit but not everyone believed them.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Without knowing any further details, my first suspects would be corrupt Ukrainian politicians trying to get rid of an anti-corruption campaigner... too specific a target to be of any interest for the military efforts (unless the target was to poison the whole intelligence service staff  and failed in spectacular Russian fashion)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

9 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Putin decided to escalate to conflict to immeasurable levels, by allowing his lapdogs to poison wife of Ukrainian Head of Intelligence Budanov…

How was that an escalation, though? (Assuming it was Putin.)

On day 1 of the conflict, Putin's aim was to destroy the Ukrainian government, kill the president and take over the entire country.

44 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Without knowing any further details, my first suspects would be corrupt Ukrainian politicians trying to get rid of an anti-corruption campaigner... too specific a target to be of any interest for the military efforts (unless the target was to poison the whole intelligence service staff  and failed in spectacular Russian fashion)

If it were Russia you'd presume her husband would be the target and she was collateral damage. Certainly looks like something that was done to send a message rather to actually kill though since heavy metal poisoning typically* has to be long term to be fatal and can be treated if detected via chelation and the like.

*technically of course uranium/ plutonium/ polonium etc are all heavy metals, but presumably if it were radiological it would have been mentioned specifically.

8 hours ago, Sarex said:

A figurehewd, which was campaigning for Ukrainian genocide with her “academic research”. And as always, FSB had the case solved in two days, while they are still “searching” for the murderers of Nemcov. Yeah… as convincing as all the arguments about flatness of the Earth 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, Malcador said:

You forget how the rules work. There are civilians and "civilians".

She's very into anti-corruption work too, no ? That could be one other way.  Thinking about it, you could off some people easily as everyone would think it would be the Russians. 

2 hours ago, Gorth said:

Well, you both  got a point with the anti-corruption, but together with her, number of GRU officers have been poisoned as well. So this makes it much less probable theory.

1 hour ago, xzar_monty said:

How was that an escalation, though? (Assuming it was Putin.)

On day 1 of the conflict, Putin's aim was to destroy the Ukrainian government, kill the president and take over the entire country.

I think, the attack on president was expected by anyone, and everyone takes it as it is: A valid target of warfare. The same would be considered if they attacked Budanov directly. On the other hand, Poisoning the wife of most powerfull UA officer, is on par of trying to kill Putin’s or Shoigu’s children. What do you think would happen, if UA attempted something like that?

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The fundamental problem is that- coincidentally, no doubt- simulations almost always produce the result that the person running them wants. In this case I'd suspect whoever they had playing the Russian side decided to play it stereotypically/ didn't really want to win. If you're actually going to wargame things the most difficult part to get right is having the opposing force behave realistically and having it actually want to win against their own (in reality) side.

I do have to admit I'm kind of jealous someone got paid for 8 tabletop wargaming sessions. If they were going to go for actual wargaming instead of outright computer modelling I'd have thought they'd have used one of their computer based ones.

Otherwise: Ukraine lost because they didn't follow out superior tactics and sage advice! for the umpteenth time. Which might be an excuse if they hadn't done well previously with their own tactics (albeit with a lot of inadvertent help from the Russians).

• Gorth locked this topic

Im Osten, nichts neues...

:skull:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein