The All Things Political Topic - Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation

Gromnir

2 hours ago, Lexx said:

God, I just want twitter to crash and burn, but this djinn is out of the bottle and will never get back into it.

Why dont you like  platforms they allow freedom of speech? We cant control the extreme comments from  either the left or right but we  dont have be part of it which I can guarantee you no one on this forum is. But to shut down these mediums is worse than than the extreme comments IMO?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Twitter is brain cancer and has nothing to do with freedom of speech. Besides, 40 or what % of its users are just bots anyways... Musk said so himself.

Edited by Lexx
  • Hmmm 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Why dont you like  platforms they allow freedom of speech? We cant control the extreme comments from  either the left or right but we  dont have be part of it which I can guarantee you no one on this forum is. But to shut down these mediums is worse than than the extreme comments IMO?

Considering that platforms are private businesses so they can't themselves hinder freedom of speech as freedom of speech is concept where government right to limit people's speech has been limited by constitution.

It is private business freedom of speech to moderate their platform as they see fit, platform users don't have freedom of speech rights against private platform owners, they only have obligation to follow platform's terms of service. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/oct/28/paul-pelosi-nancy-pelosi-attack-san-francisco-home

Paul Pelosi, husband of Nancy Pelosi, in hospital after being attacked at home

Paul Pelosi, husband of the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, was taken to hospital early on Friday after he was attacked at the couple’s home in California with a hammer by an assailant who was reported to have shouted “Where is Nancy, where is Nancy?”

San Francisco police said that they were called to the Pelosi house in the city on a “wellbeing check” at about 2.27am local time on Friday morning. They found an adult male confronting Paul Pelosi, and a hammer was being grasped by both men.

“The suspect pulled the hammer away from Mr Pelosi and violently assaulted him with it. Our officers immediately tackled the suspect, disarmed him, took him into custody,” said Bill Scott, chief of the San Francisco police department.

Scott named the suspect as David DePape, 42, adding that any motive was still being determined. Charges are to be brought at the San Francisco county jail, including attempted homicide, assault with a deadly weapon, elder abuse, burglary and other felonies.

It was reported by CNN that the suspect intended to tie the victim up “until Nancy got home” and that he had posted rightwing and conspiracy theories online, including content promoting the lie that Donald Trump was deprived of victory in the 2020 election because of voter fraud.

• Gasp! 1

12 hours ago, Malcador said:

There's plenty of conservatives posting fake news and revisionist history on there now. 

Fair enough but there still seems to be more banning of Conservative views. Its not me that is saying this, Musk is the one saying Twitter  needs to be freed

https://www.thestreet.com/technology/elon-musk-sends-special-message-after-twitter-takeover?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO&yptr=yahoo

6 hours ago, Elerond said:

Considering that platforms are private businesses so they can't themselves hinder freedom of speech as freedom of speech is concept where government right to limit people's speech has been limited by constitution.

It is private business freedom of speech to moderate their platform as they see fit, platform users don't have freedom of speech rights against private platform owners, they only have obligation to follow platform's terms of service. 

The thing about life is " perception is reality" and many people have said there is inconsistent monitoring of peoples comments on Twitter. To quote Musk "One of Musk's big complaints about Twitter is that the tweet inhibits the expression of all opinions " 

Now people say Musk likes to troll and is just being controversial. But he just spent $44 billion to stand by what  he clearly believes. Maybe we should accept there is problem with Twitter if someone is prepared to spend that much money to change things ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Elerond said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/oct/28/paul-pelosi-nancy-pelosi-attack-san-francisco-home

Paul Pelosi, husband of Nancy Pelosi, in hospital after being attacked at home

Paul Pelosi, husband of the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, was taken to hospital early on Friday after he was attacked at the couple’s home in California with a hammer by an assailant who was reported to have shouted “Where is Nancy, where is Nancy?”

San Francisco police said that they were called to the Pelosi house in the city on a “wellbeing check” at about 2.27am local time on Friday morning. They found an adult male confronting Paul Pelosi, and a hammer was being grasped by both men.

“The suspect pulled the hammer away from Mr Pelosi and violently assaulted him with it. Our officers immediately tackled the suspect, disarmed him, took him into custody,” said Bill Scott, chief of the San Francisco police department.

Scott named the suspect as David DePape, 42, adding that any motive was still being determined. Charges are to be brought at the San Francisco county jail, including attempted homicide, assault with a deadly weapon, elder abuse, burglary and other felonies.

It was reported by CNN that the suspect intended to tie the victim up “until Nancy got home” and that he had posted rightwing and conspiracy theories online, including content promoting the lie that Donald Trump was deprived of victory in the 2020 election because of voter fraud.

Absolutely cowardly and unacceptable attack on an elderly person, they must throw the book at him and I hope he sees a long period of incarceration

• Like 1

John Milton 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/companies/musk-finally-reveals-why-he-wants-to-acquire-twitter/ar-AA13s5Sd

Musk gave  an important update to his advertisers about his plans for Twitter, to quote 

" “The reason I acquired Twitter is because it is important to the future of civilization to have a common digital town square, where a wide range of beliefs can be debated in a healthy manner, without resorting to violence,” writes the world’s richest man " 

@Lexx and @ShadySands This makes sense as Im sure you will agree?

John Milton 

4 hours ago, Lexx said:

If you believe anything he says, you're a naive fool. For Musk, all that matters is money and attention.

Fixed that for you. :p

On 10/29/2022 at 7:02 AM, BruceVC said:

Now people say Musk likes to troll and is just being controversial. But he just spent $44 billion to stand by what  he clearly believes. Maybe we should accept there is problem with Twitter if someone is prepared to spend that much money to change things ?

Heh, you always claim to be a banker, but in reality you're either Robert Stein or Rob Landeros, right?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

6 hours ago, Lexx said:

If you believe anything he says, you're a naive fool. For Musk, all that matters is money.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/25/elon-musk-and-free-speech-track-record-not-encouraging.html

https://abovethelaw.com/2022/08/elon-musks-legal-filings-against-twitter-show-how-little-he-actually-cares-about-free-speech/

https://www.wired.com/story/elon-musk-free-speech-twitter-global-censorship/

Elon doesn't care about free speech, but I think his move to buy Twitter is less about money (he will lose more money than the Tumblr buyers did) and more about attempting to influence narrative (or stopping us from posting the picture of him and Ghislaine Maxwell). The "free speech" crowd are mostly frauds whose outrage is reserved near exclusively for reactionary media figures, none of them said a damn word when a Trump appointed judge sentenced Daniel Baker to prison for four years for Facebook posts. Such folks will be the first to get in line with real censorship (they already have) and need to be treated like the spineless bootlickers they are.

1 hour ago, majestic said:

I think for Elon, Attention is Money. Most of his wealth comes from government subsides and convincing other rich people he was going to make a lot of money, his companies don't sell nearly as much as their competitors and most of his "innovations" just catch on fire. Elon Musk is a a huckster cosplaying as a (parody of a) sci-fi tech ceo, if he dropped the show and went low-profile a substantial amount of his current and future wealth would evaporate.

bfd

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, majestic said:

Heh, you always claim to be a banker, but in reality you're either Robert Stein or Rob Landeros, right?

Im sorry I dont get it and  I dont know either of those people. I looked them up and I still dont a get it, a producer  and a game designer?

And Im not a banker, much of my family are. I studied finance but I work in software that is used primarily  in the financial sector. We consult and sell this  software but we also have customers outside of finance like lawyers and government institutions so I dont just work in one sector  

John Milton 

36 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

Elon doesn't care about free speech, but I think his move to buy Twitter is less about money (he will lose more money than the Tumblr buyers did) and more about attempting to influence narrative (or stopping us from posting the picture of him and Ghislaine Maxwell).

In this case, sure.

He didn't want to buy Twitter in the end at all, but got forced to do so now. Originally it was just a pump&dump for his Tesla stocks or something.

Edited by Lexx
  • Haha 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

https://www.msn.com/en-za/news/other/south-african-arrested-in-usa-for-his-role-in-a-bizarre-murder-plot/ar-AAWSk7V

One of my SA cousins married a Greek lady, this is her brother involved in this bizarre murder in Ohio. I never met him because I never went to the wedding

He is going to charged with murder and the wife and the gran is involved :aiee:

• Hmmm 1

John Milton 

2 minutes ago, Lexx said:

In this case, sure.

He didn't want to buy Twitter in the end at all, but got forced to do so now. Originally it was just a pump&dump for his Tesla stocks or something.

Lexx are you sure  the reason you dont like him is because you  resent his wealth and his political views?

It might be subconscious and you not aware of its influence and bias?

John Milton 

I don't like him because he is a **** talking douche waffle who's money gives him so much power, he can do whatever the **** he wants to without any repercussions.

Also he is the CEO of 3 big companies now, and he is on Twitter half the day long, and impregnates every women he crosses path with. I kinda doubt he works as hard as he says he does.

Edited by Lexx
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Lexx said:

In this case, sure.

So much has happened in the last 6 months I forgot about that lmao.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

29 minutes ago, Lexx said:

I don't like him because he is a **** talking douche waffle who's money gives him so much power, he can do whatever the **** he wants to without any repercussions.

Also he is the CEO of 3 big companies now, and he is on Twitter half the day long, and impregnates every women he crosses path with. I kinda doubt he works as hard as he says he does.

And he said that taking care of young children is not the father's responsibility. Combined with what you said makes it even worse.

• Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

16 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

And he said that taking care of young children is not the father's responsibility. Combined with what you said makes it even worse.

I feel sorry for his kids. I think one of the older ones doesn't want anything to do with him and I can see why.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Im sorry I dont get it and  I dont know either of those people. I looked them up and I still dont a get it, a producer  and a game designer?

They made The 7th Guest, the game with the legendary soup can puzzle. It took some serious moon logic to create the riddles for The 7th Guest. I guess as much as making the deduction that someone has a point just because he spent a lot of money on it, so I figured you made adventure games in the past. :p

• Haha 1

Assuming our news coverage is correct, by now Lula's leading by more votes than Bolsanaro could realistically still get. Good on you Brazilians, did you bring unmarked white vans with extra ballots and manipulated some voting machines too?

Should have stopped the steal earlier. :p

Jokes aside, I hope nobody's going to try and pull a Trump, but with Bolsanaro that is far from a given.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

1 hour ago, InsaneCommander said:

I really don't see how Bolsonaro could win.

I've seen some reports of police stopping vehicles in places to slow down the vote. With that in mind, the way I see Bolsonaro could pull out a win is pulling something nasty. I'd like to say there's not a chance of that happening but these days you have to wonder.

8 minutes ago, majestic said:

Assuming our news coverage is correct, by now Lula's leading by more votes than Bolsanaro could realistically still get. Good on you Brazilians, did you bring unmarked white vans with extra ballots and manipulated some voting machines too?

Should have stopped the steal earlier. :p

Jokes aside, I hope nobody's going to try and pull a Trump, but with Bolsanaro that is far from a given.

You make good points :thumbsup:

But maybe [screeching noises from the void between the stars] ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

But maybe [screeching noises from the void between the stars] ?

Maybe Bolsonaro is right when even police stop people from voting for radical leftists their ?

• Gasp! 2