Anime and Manga - I won’t allow your bones to stay on this planet. I will banish your evil soul.

Sarex

SpyxFamily, episodes 7-9 (Operation Apologize and the two Secret Service brother episodes). The brother character is too much and kind of stinks, but I think they helped strengthen Yor some as a character (who I have felt is the weakest of the three main characters), which was good. Three episodes left - if they plan on wrapping up the plot here, it's going to have to be at truly breakneck acceleration because so far the show hasn't seemed to be in any hurry to do so (which is not a bad thing), so I'm assuming that there is going to be a second season at least.

On 8/30/2022 at 4:38 AM, Amentep said:

Speed Racer Challenge of the Masked Racer pt. 2

I have very dim memories of Speed Racer as a kid, and watching this episode, where Speed puts on Racer X's mask and get knocked out triggered my memory of watching the show.  Fun episode, lots of funny reactions, particularly as Chim-Chim tries to find Trixie to help Speed and Spritle.

The show sold itself to me mostly on the strength of the bizarre character writing/reactions/behavior. I mean, my "introduction" to the series was this ridiculous video:

...which, while obviously re-purposed footage from multiple episodes, it's like...this sort of stuff is still actually in the show even if not quite at this density, so it wasn't entirely unrepresentative, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

49 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Three episodes left - if they plan on wrapping up the plot here, it's going to have to be at truly breakneck acceleration because so far the show hasn't seemed to be in any hurry to do so (which is not a bad thing), so I'm assuming that there is going to be a second season at least.

The manga is very slow in plot progression and release schedule. It has also turned more in to a slice of life deal where the original plot is just something in the background.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 2

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

49 minutes ago, Sarex said:

The manga is very slow in plot progression and release schedule. It has also turned more in to a slice of life deal where the original plot is just something in the background.

2022.03.09-07.34-boundingintocomics-6228

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

4 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

SpyxFamily, episodes 7-9 (Operation Apologize and the two Secret Service brother episodes). The brother character is too much and kind of stinks, but I think they helped strengthen Yor some as a character (who I have felt is the weakest of the three main characters), which was good. Three episodes left - if they plan on wrapping up the plot here, it's going to have to be at truly breakneck acceleration because so far the show hasn't seemed to be in any hurry to do so (which is not a bad thing), so I'm assuming that there is going to be a second season at least.

Spy x Family Will Return With Part 2 in October 2022

JoJo:

I don't even remember who is that girl who was killed.

jolyne-cujoh-grossed-out.gif

Anyway, I watched only one episode today. I'll leave the rest for the weekend.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

JoJo Stone Ocean: The Wrath of Sportsmax

It's JoJo, so any description of it would be unbelievable. This season has skipped on the budget by replacing background characters with gray silhouettes, but other than that it's ****ing great. @InsaneCommander

ZOMBIES ARE BACK.

• Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

51 minutes ago, Sarex said:

r/manga being extra weird today

image.thumb.png.a00b07679f7872cf3822526a7e7feb3a.png

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

55 minutes ago, majestic said:

The manga is about a private investigator that just happens to be a cute girl, right? RIGHT?

The NSFW tag does not help your case.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

6 hours ago, KP From Another World said:

At least there's "Turns Out My **** Was a Cute Girl".

Could be worse - could have turned out to be Richard Nixon as happened in Chester Brown's ED THE HAPPY CLOWN.

• Sad 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

4 hours ago, Sarex said:

Wonder if it will get an anime.

The Elder Sister-like One is getting one, so why not.

3 hours ago, majestic said:

The manga is about a private investigator that just happens to be a cute girl, right? RIGHT?

No such luck. I read it and it's not good, but more boring than anything.

missed about 2 entire season of symphogear

and couldn't figure out which 2 while rewatching

all the silly and awkward dialogue and pointless repeating plotline are awful even by tokusatsu standard

cast just keep expanding for no reason making each character even more forgettable

there are some memorable moment like the moon punch

More JoJo. A 78 year old man who drinks his own urine used Feng Shui to try and assassinate a plankton colony living inside of a woman.

• Gasp! 1

17 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

b5db56db89659273141344ef1db8b3230fb37c09

33d7c73c725c6f9aa7adee588bdb8a7a.jpg

• Gasp! 1