Music: Sharing and Listening - The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between

xzar_monty

On 12/13/2022 at 5:48 PM, bugarup said:

Speaking of Scooter. Seems like Tidal takes notes on what I do on this forum just as Netflix does, :down: because this is what it offered me the other week, and this is the only recent place I got Scooter exposure from. :getlost:

What exactly is the connection between dArtagnan and Scooter? Azdeus posts their tracks here direclty sometimes. One just rather recently even.

However, good to know. Have fun with the suggestions coming from this one:

:p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

8 hours ago, majestic said:

What exactly is the connection between dArtagnan and Scooter? Azdeus posts their tracks here direclty sometimes. One just rather recently even.

However, good to know. Have fun with the suggestions coming from this one:

:p

Edited by bugarup
sigh

I remember listening to this album a lot maybe ten years ago, the again when Peaky Blinders came out and they used Red Right Hand to great effect. It's been a while, but when listening to Booth and the Bad Angel this was recommended. The best I can describe it if both entrancing and disturbing, the kind of song you enjoy but wish you didn't, similar to the films of David Cronberg.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

5 hours ago, Make a contract with KP said:

I remember listening to this album a lot maybe ten years ago, the again when Peaky Blinders came out and they used Red Right Hand to great effect. It's been a while, but when listening to Booth and the Bad Angel this was recommended. The best I can describe it if both entrancing and disturbing, the kind of song you enjoy but wish you didn't, similar to the films of David Cronberg.

I remember buying Murder Ballads in the late 90's on CD. Something about the song "Henry Lee", just kept me captivated and coming back to play it again. It could also have been P.J. Harvey's vocals 🤔

Edit:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On 12/15/2022 at 8:13 AM, bugarup said:

Haven't listened to that D'Artagnan track, I take it? :shifty: As for Mr Abraham, he is welcome to cheese up my Klezmer playlist, we can take it. :yes: 

Not this time around, but it's based on the same folk song as some parts of How Much Is The Fish, but it is much more likely that this was picked up by Azdeus linking the English version of this song (by the same group) a page or two back.

Unless, of course, you listened to How Much Is The Fish on repeat. In that case... hah. I knew you like Scooter and just pretend not to. :p

Oh, I definitely do not hate Scooter. "FIREEEEEEEEEE!!!!" was the bestest thing ever to dance to many years ago and their other things are very danceable too. :) It's just that dancing days are long gone, and Scooter, while danceable, are not exactly, well, listenable.

So what if I did listen on repeat, maybe I was feeling nostalgic, okay

• Haha 1

I guess it shows my age when I think of this as "new" music...

• Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

4 hours ago, Gorth said:

I guess it shows my age when I think of this as "new" music...

A friend of mine is a very popular artist over here. At one of his gigs, someone from the audience shouted "Play something old!", as nostalgic fans are wont to do. Well, he looked at his bass player, gave a knowing wink, and off they went and played some Bach for a minute or two. Can't say that they didn't fulfill the request.

Also, better late than never:

• Haha 2

This is probably the worst thing I've ever posted in this thread, but YouTube put this in my suggestions, so you shall suffer too:

I lack the words to properly describe how offensive this is.

Edited by majestic
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

That has to be a Swedish band... *Looks up the band on wikipedia*

I'm so sorry...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

8 hours ago, Azdeus said:

That has to be a Swedish band... *Looks up the band on wikipedia*

I'm so sorry...

🤣

I know I already posted a song from this concert previously ("I am Australian"), but YouTube has a long memory when it comes to suggestions, so here is another one from The Seekers (sadly Judith died shortly after). Not bad for a 79 year old!

edit: Just for comparison, the song from 1967. I think the sound is the studio recording that year, but the video used was from their live concert at the Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne (also in 1967), where they broke a few local records. The Bowl was supposed to accommodate 20000 people, at 200000 they gave up counting

• Like 1

I feel I have to redeem my country and post some good Swedish music in this thread to compensate. This is a problem. There is no real good Swedish music that's not metal, with english lyrics, so...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

9 hours ago, Azdeus said:

I feel I have to redeem my country and post some good Swedish music in this thread to compensate. This is a problem. There is no real good Swedish music that's not metal, with english lyrics, so...

Abba and Ace of Base disagree with you 😝

Edit:

Edit2: How could I forget these.... Army of Lovers 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Azdeus said:

This here be Swedish too:

Heh. :p

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Abba and Ace of Base disagree with you 😝

Edit:

Edit2: How could I forget these.... Army of Lovers 😂

45 minutes ago, majestic said:

This here be Swedish too:

Heh. :p

look-you-see.gif

Thank you for proving my point :p

Edited by Azdeus

Something I haven't listened to for a long time...

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 7:52 AM, Azdeus said:

I feel I have to redeem my country and post some good Swedish music in this thread to compensate.

But Sabaton is pretty crap too 😛

• Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

12 minutes ago, Malcador said:

But Sabaton is pretty crap too 😛

tts-warhammer.gif

• Haha 2