Ukraine Conflict - "Only the dead have seen the end of war."

8 hours ago, Gorth said:

...could face up to 15 years in jail... please tell me that's a joke? Unprovoked killing of civilians deserves more than that. Because he was afraid he would be charged with car theft? If that's for real, Then I suspect the draftees in the Russian army are... never mind. Maybe a few gene pools needs improving?

AFAIK The current law in Ukraine is 15 years up to lifetime sentence for crimes, which lead to Ukrainians civil casualties during war. So we'll see how this one case ends up.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

During weekend Russian destroyed another school with 60 civilians dieing inside in Bilohorivka. One or two days ago, they tried to cross the river close to the city for the first time.

One of the Ukrainian engineers responsible for preparing the ambush on them have released some information, on how this operation was performed. The whole operation was performed with almost zero visual possibilities, as there was bad weather, fog and Russian soldiers setting ablaze the surrounding forest... Which is pretty crazy achievement for UA army... Here is how the preparations and following opperation has been almoast flawlessly executed... Rumors says one whole BTG or 1500 Russian soldiers might have died during their failed attempt.

and here is video of pictures how if ended up for them.

And this is the result of another attempt today

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mamoulian War said:

During weekend Russian destroyed another school with 60 civilians dieing inside in Bilohorivka. One or two days ago, they tried to cross the river close to the city for the first time.

One of the Ukrainian engineers responsible for preparing the ambush on them have released some information, on how this operation was performed. The whole operation was performed with almost zero visual possibilities, as there was bad weather, fog and Russian soldiers setting ablaze the surrounding forest... Which is pretty crazy achievement for UA army... Here is how the preparations and following opperation has been almoast flawlessly executed... Rumors says one whole BTG or 1500 Russian soldiers might have died during their failed attempt.

and here is video of pictures how if ended up for them.

And this is the result of another attempt today

Yup, I read about this in another trusted source too, so pretty solid. A full motorized rifle battlegroup wiped out.

Russians are tenacious if nothing else.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.dw.com/en/ukraine-renames-town-new-york/a-58130860

I like to see this, countries recognizing the important role the US has played in making the world a better place and promoting Democracy and freedom

I think all countries  should rename 1 city  to New York but obviously you have numbers after the name so we dont get confused. So for example Belgrade becomes New York 7 and Melbourne becomes New York 8 and so on and so on

What do you guys think? 

@Gorth what city do we change in Oz and @alanschu and @Malcador who would  you nominate in Canada 

@Azdeus good idea, no ?

@Sarex This would go a long way in changing the disappointing "anti-Western " sentiment that we often discuss that exists in Serbia 

:p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

34 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

@Gorth what city do we change in Oz

Seriously Bruce... go get yourself a blow up doll that looks like Uncle Sam 🙄

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

8 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Seriously Bruce... go get yourself a blow up doll that looks like Uncle Sam 🙄

What makes you think I dont already have one but its an Auntie Sam :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

little bit more about the failed crossing of the river, from hopefully credible source.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

little bit more about the failed crossing of the river, from hopefully credible source.

The talk now is that two battalions got wiped out; over 100 armored vehicles lost, along with the pontoon bridge.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nor surprised about Erdogan, no-one likes Turkey in EU and we just have to accept Turkey position is/was important for NATO - thats why they still keep him around. I am sure he will be 'convinced' sooner or later by other parties

this is interesting:

https://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-putin-russia-ukraine-war-china-ambassador-1705615

• Thanks 3

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

10 hours ago, BruceVC said:

https://www.dw.com/en/ukraine-renames-town-new-york/a-58130860

I like to see this, countries recognizing the important role the US has played in making the world a better place and promoting Democracy and freedom

I think all countries  should rename 1 city  to New York but obviously you have numbers after the name so we dont get confused. So for example Belgrade becomes New York 7 and Melbourne becomes New York 8 and so on and so on

What do you guys think? 

@Gorth what city do we change in Oz and @alanschu and @Malcador who would  you nominate in Canada 

@Azdeus good idea, no ?

@Sarex This would go a long way in changing the disappointing "anti-Western " sentiment that we often discuss that exists in Serbia 

:p

Well, at least they didn't rename it after a weapons company.  Amazing to think such marketing works

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Malcador said:

This is an interesting problem and not one I expected because the Gulen movement are only " terrorists" according to Erdogan. Lets be honest the suggestion that the Nordic countries would allow real terrorists groups within their countries  is preposterous 

But I like Turkey as they play in important role in the region so we no choice but to  see if  we can find a way to make Erdogan happy ...maybe pay him more money?

This could potentially derail Finland and Sweden from joining NATO but lets wait till after the meeting on Saturday 

John Milton 

57 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

Nor surprised about Erdogan, no-one likes Turkey in EU and we just have to accept Turkey position is/was important for NATO - thats why they still keep him around. I am sure he will be 'convinced' sooner or later by other parties

this is interesting:

https://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-putin-russia-ukraine-war-china-ambassador-1705615

Never forget the important role Turkey plays in keeping tens of thousands of illegal immigrants from getting to the EU, thats a good enough reason to keep Turkey happy :thumbsup:

John Milton 

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

I'm sure that murdering some more Kurds will make that bipedal bellend cheer up. Or maybe some armenians? Decisions, decisions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

you mean Turkey blackmailing Europe? Lets call it what is it

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Self interest is a glorious thing, I guess.

Collaborate with Russia and your worth is as much as worth of trash 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Azdeus said:

I'm sure that murdering some more Kurds will make that bipedal bellend cheer up. Or maybe some armenians? Decisions, decisions.

Kurds and Yazidis, right at this moment. What you say, it's not being reported? Weird that.

Fun thing to remember: Erdogan's and his son made many millions buying oil from ISIS and hence funding them in their fight against... the US supported Kurdish YPG, among others. Indeed, one of the big reasons that Russia suddenly started bombing ISIS oil infrastructure and tankers back in 2016 after everyone had avoided doing it was that it massively hurt Erdogan in his personal finances, and he'd just 'personally' ordered Turkey to shoot down a Russian Su24.

• Thanks 2

@Mamoulian War and @Chilloutman and other Slav members

https://www.rbth.com/lifestyle/330599-russian-slavs-different

I have mentioned that since Putins War started I have developed an interest in the history of the Slavic people and historical comments before WW1 that " Russia is the defender of the Slavic people "

I found this link, is it an accurate overview of Slavic people?

John Milton 

31 minutes ago, Raithe said:

Raithe Im outraged but Im still going to eat Roquefort cheese 🧀

John Milton 

On 5/14/2022 at 7:29 AM, BruceVC said:

@Mamoulian War and @Chilloutman and other Slav members

https://www.rbth.com/lifestyle/330599-russian-slavs-different

I have mentioned that since Putins War started I have developed an interest in the history of the Slavic people and historical comments before WW1 that " Russia is the defender of the Slavic people "

I found this link, is it an accurate overview of Slavic people?

I had not read it all yet, but before 1917 revolution, there was the idea of Pan-Slavism, because Russia were the most powerful Slav nation, and they were an example for other Slav Nations which had no states of their own, but the creation of Soviet Union pretty much throw it out of the window, and only neo-nazis are now dreaming of them being the most superior country of Slavs, and that we should follow. In short, just look at the history of creation of Soviet Union after the revolution, and how Soviets treated other Slavic Nations up until 1993, and you will see, why almost no one except Serbia likes them anymore (talking about their politics, not the common people). Myself, I have Russian colleague or two, and they are nice people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-Slavism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Soviet_Union (there you can click on articles about specific eras, and how they treated Ukrainian and Eastern European people and countries etc.)

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2022 at 10:05 PM, BruceVC said:

What makes you think I dont already have one but its an Auntie Sam :thumbsup:

Technically, Uncle Sam is the personification of Samuel Wilson, so it would be his wife Aunty Bettsy. 😉

• Haha 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."