Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous, Part 4

Vaeliorin

16 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

I haven't been to Enigma (heck, I don't even know where it is and how to get there) but I've heard it's not fun.

It is the final location of Nenio's companion quest, and a hard requirement if you want to get the 'full' secret ending unless you're playing a Trickster or Demon. Between giant rotating heads casting Waves of Exhaustion or some variant of Firestorm at your party, a screen with endlessly respawning undead monsters and some of the worst puzzles in the history of puzzles in games since Dragonsphere's Ratsicle puzzle, ambushes of giant spider things with ludicrous stats and a frustrating boss fight, you're in for a real treat. :p

Packs of roaming, stealthed rogues capable of killing half your party in a round if they catch you unaware flesh the experience out.

13 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

I went ahead in Enigma without a guide and reloaded out of frustration. Truly an excercise in frustration.

You really deserve a medal for even trying.

Edited by majestic
  • Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I got all the councils now. I chose to upgrade to Conscripts for roleplay reasons, despite looking like the worst choice... Also, lots of meetings including Cheliax criminals that were ignored by Regill and Lann explaining how the Mongrels are keeping the city free of rats. The Free Crusaders were up to something as usual, this time literally up.

Ember was kidnapped and I’m glad she was not taken to the Abyss or she would convert Baphomet, Deskari and the whole bunch, ending the game prematurely.

My Persuasion now reaches the 60s with buffs, excellent for Mythic Dazzling Display. And Sosiel’s Elk has better AC than Seelah’s horse.

sign.jpg

13 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Ember was kidnapped and I’m glad she was not taken to the Abyss or she would convert Baphomet, Deskari and the whole bunch, ending the game prematurely.

Well...

200.gif

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I ended up using a mod that automatically solves all the puzzles

lucky you. our ocd resulted in us "needing" to do on our own at least once. maybe not literal need, but skipping or cheesing woulda' resulted in an unpleasant brain itch. extreme unpleasant itch... unable to sleep level o' brain itch. 

on the plus side, our bizarre memory means we don't need the guides or mods henceforth.  so not worth it.

the thing is, enigma remains a tedious slog even if you are able to breeze through the puzzles. owlcat added so much retracing o' steps and repetitive combat that even if puzzles is solvable via a mod or annoyingly specific recollection, enigma remains a dull chore... though am admitting being able to breeze through puzzles lessens the pain considerable.

btw, were a complete accident having us discover the dc boosting goggles of mind control. if there were some clue for solving that puzzle we missed it. 

not that anyone asked, but we don't have jack nicholson, as good as it gets ocd, thank goodness. we don't need perform seeming irrational rituals to get through the day, and we even walked out o' @majestic's favorite movie less than halfway through a viewing, so is not as if am complete broken with our desire to complete tasks. even so, we got an unhealthy desire to complete jobs the right way... even if we know from a reasonableness pov the right way would be to cut bait and move on to the next problem. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

51 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

My Persuasion now reaches the 60s with buffs, excellent for Mythic Dazzling Display. And Sosiel’s Elk has better AC than Seelah’s horse.

I can't remember the level where it happened, but as I'm playing an Azata, my skill points are extraordinary and it has been a really long while since I failed any checks (unless there were some hidden ones that I didn't even get to see).

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

Good! What about the memory, then? Eidetic?

am suspicious o' the label. beyond the recognition am having an annoyingly accurate visual recollection, we don't make any such claims.

as for @Gorth and his beer elementals, am gonna note fire elementals is a surprising solid and easily overlooked army unit. fire elementals got the powerxd6xunit number damage potential. given their relative cheap unit cost, is possible to acquire or create many fire elementals. hellknights, for example, got a 43 xp unit cost. fire elemental cost 40, they got a power of 20, their burn effect lasts 3 turns and they got immunities even hellknights do not. is possible to create a whole lotta fire elementals if you wish to... but is only a meaningful act v approach. 

'course campaign strategizing is all meaningless if you got a mage general and a s-ton of marksmen.... particularly if you max'd combat morale.

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It seems Enhanced Edition will have some much needed improvements and unexpected additions too:

- Better pet management

- Inventory search

- Expanded combat log

Spoiler

gn7r2jlcb0p91.png?width=2560&format=png&

- Photomode

I accidentally read a spoiler tag and it has been datamined that if you play as Devil, you will be able to

Spoiler

corrupt Galfrey and make her worship Asmodeus.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

not using lann optimal, but admitted am also rare making the best use o' lann as an archer.  keep in mind an end game zen archer with hurricane bow and legendary proportions is gonna be seeing base 8d8 shortbow damage before any modifiers. with a skald in party, he could be doing x5 on crits.

am personal using lann most frequent as a hunter (divine hunter) or inquisitor (sacred huntsmaster) though cleric is tough to argue against being his best option. with the change to guarded hearth am gonna eventual try lann as a 2/18 zen archer/judge 'cause adding sacred bonuses is now more meaningful. 

am admitted a bit disappointed with the enhanced edition features revealed thus far. if the expanded combat log works as designed, that one is kinda kewl and appreciated. we were aware o' the pet stuff 'cause owlcat had mentioned previous, but photomode? whatever. 

that said, am s'posing if a few more fixes is implemented, we will be satisfied... at least after most o' the new bugs enhanced creates is expunged.

HA! Good Fun!

14 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

It seems Enhanced Edition will have some much needed improvements and unexpected additions too:

- Better pet management

- Inventory search

- Expanded combat log

Reveal hidden contents

gn7r2jlcb0p91.png?width=2560&format=png&

- Photomode

I accidentally read a spoiler tag and it has been datamined that if you play as Devil, you will be able to

Reveal hidden contents

corrupt Galfrey and make her worship Asmodeus.

From what I've heard they're going to expand every lategame mythic path except for the Gold Dragon

• Sad 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

On 9/21/2022 at 1:43 AM, xzar_monty said:

Yeah, at that point I was also all into it!

Lemme know how it goes after the blood trails, I'm really quite interested -- especially if you're playing on Core or higher.

Hehe, no. Not that brave. The game suggested 'Normal' in my first play through, so that is what I'm sticking with. I went to the blood trails and the next stop a bit south was some tower. Artists Tower? Other than a bunch of man eating plants, I didn't find anything there. I'm sure I'm missing something (I do have Greybor in my party in case he's still needed) 🤔

I might just give the dragon a miss for now and go explore other areas and quests, then return to it later. Doesn't seem to have a timer per se associated with it .

Edit: The tooltip says further south, but I didn't spot any obvious destinations on the southern parts of the map.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

Hehe, no. Not that brave. The game suggested 'Normal' in my first play through, so that is what I'm sticking with. I went to the blood trails and the next stop a bit south was some tower. Artists Tower? Other than a bunch of man eating plants, I didn't find anything there. I'm sure I'm missing something (I do have Greybor in my party in case he's still needed) 🤔

Sounds like a bug to me! Approaching that tower should trigger a series of scripted events (involving skill checks), and you only enter the tower after them.

Looks very weird. I wonder if someone else can shed light on this.

Yeah, that is definitely not how this should go. The tower should not even be reachable without the event. I wonder, if you don't do the quest, does a certain ancient elf even show up in Drezen? It wouldn't brick the game per se, but you'd miss out on a truckload of items and background history.

Well the there was a tower. Marked as part of the dragon hunt quest, showed up on my map after the first blood trail location just outside Drezen. If it's a bug, I'll just ignore it for now. A bit lost where to pick up the dragon trail then :shrugz:

Passed the time today by visiting the north west part of the map instead and robbed some dragon burial ground as the next best thing. I suspect the crazy archeologist I left at a sealed door is up to no good 🤔

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just now, Gorth said:

Well the there was a tower. Marked as part of the dragon hunt quest, showed up on my map after the first blood trail location just outside Drezen. If it's a bug, I'll just ignore it for now. A bit lost where to pick up the dragon trail then :shrugz:

Did you do the book event at the first dragon blood trail location?

1 hour ago, MrBrown said:

Did you do the book event at the first dragon blood trail location?

I don't remember exactly what took place (I was probably more focused on any dragon swooping down any moment and getting some payback for the ambush I set for it earlier). I'm just restarting the game. Need to level up my team then visit the place (it's close to Drezen after all)

Edit: Ok, this time I chose the dangerous pass (I probably picked the easy pass previously) and got one of those text based multiple choice adventures. Arueshalae could beat the mobility checks easily and Gorth could pass the athletics checks easily. Now I'm at the tower again the the mission log has updated...

Edit2: This time the dragon was there. A pushover just like the previous times (because you have all the time in the world to pre-buff). It was chatting with an old man (the Story Teller which I seem to remember from one of the previous two acts)

I was just about to start cringing and preparing indignant outburst of protests when the dragon flew off again to the upper landing, thinking it was going to lead me on a merry goose chase all over the map, but it just flew up the stairs. Finished it off for good and deciding whether or not to pay the money for a not so interesting dwarf party member was a hard decision. In the end I went with the minimum amount for having him stick around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kanisatha said:

Has there been any reason given for why gold dragon is being abandoned in this way?

is an act v improvements to mythic path opportunities which is being added and gold dragon already has the most development... 'ccording to owlcat. two separate paths current for gold dragon was deemed satisfactory.

is information via reddit btw (am getting this second hand as we don't do reddit,) 'cause you will never learn anything useful from owlcat by way o' their official wotr forums.

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2022 at 5:32 PM, KP From Another World said:

From what I've heard they're going to expand every lategame mythic path except for the Gold Dragon

It's not just the later mythics, Azata and Demon are getting some stuff too at least. But apparently most of the added content is in Act V.

Angel is not.

Edited by MrBrown

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

is information via reddit btw (am getting this second hand as we don't do reddit,) 'cause you will never learn anything useful from owlcat by way o' their official wotr forums.

Yeah, their forums are a barren wasteland which is odd considering how active the devs are on Reddit and Discord. 

Free games updated 3/4/21

3 hours ago, MrBrown said:

It's not just the later mythics, Azata and Demon are getting some stuff too at least. But apparently most of the added content is in Act V.

Angel is not.

Good, Act V Azata was pretty much just using the power of friendship to kick a fascist off your lawn and I'd have liked some more stuff to do. I want more diety reactions too, because Cayden Cailean is the best god and his worshippers need the power of the bender more often.

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Yeah, their forums are a barren wasteland which is odd considering how active the devs are on Reddit and Discord. 

I honestly can't think of anything I've learned on their forum. Comparatively the reddit is full of info.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands