Funny Stuff Cantina

Hurlshort

279146096_3172665876325438_3432992195172

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I really should feel more empathy and not put this here but....

CarAndDriver - French Fighter Jet Joy Ride Goes Tres, Tres Wrong

A French defense contractor riding in a Dassault fighter learned the hard way that the grab bar next to his seat was actually the ejection handle.

A French defense-industry employee about to retire was gifted something he was extremely reluctant to accept: a ride in a Dassault fighter jet.
    The 64-year-old was not correctly instructed, to say the least, in passenger etiquette, and to make a long story short, he self-ejected midflight.
    He's okay, according to the government's incident report, but the chance of this gentleman ever repeating the stunt is definitely zero.

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

47 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

If you dont use a laser pointer, are you even really meeting? :p 

Don't use one of those either.  Probably laser my eye out if I did. :skull:

I'm a failure as a leader, clearly. :( 

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

When you love Scooby Doo but shop at Aldi's

No photo description available.

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

45 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

When you love Scooby Doo but shop at Aldi's

No photo description available.

I know its mostly supposed to be funny, but to be that guy...

The original development for SCOOBY-DOO, WHERE ARE YOU? was inspired by THE ARCHIES cartoon (where Archie, Reggie, Jughead, Betty, Veronica and Jughead's dog Hotdog are a band) crossed with the radio serial I LOVE A MYSTERY (where former WWII Pacific theater vetrans Jack Packard, Doc Long, Reggie York form a detective agency and travel the world to help people caught up in mysteries and intrigue). 

The show at that time was called MYSTERIES FIVE and had 5 kids in the band (Mysteries Five) named Geoff, Mike, Kelly, Linda, and Linda's brother W.W. and a bongo playing dog named Too Much.  Between gigs, the group would solve mysteries.  This idea would be developed further to become SCOOBY DOO, WHERE ARE YOU, but would also be used for the most obvious Scooby-Doo clones:

Goober and the Ghost Chasers (like Scooby-Doo, but with less kids, Scooby could turn invisible, ghosts were real and would usually assist in helping against the fake ghosts + the Partridge Family.  No the real ghosts didn't assist AGAINST the Partridge Family, the Partridge Family just showed up a lot) -

Clue Club (like Scooby Doo, but with two dogs helping solve crimes)

and  The Funky Phantom (like Scooby-Doo, but the dog is a normal dog and they partner with the Ghost of a revolutionary war ghost to solve mysteries) -

But the Mysteries Five format is also the starting point for Hanna-Barbera's adaption of Josie and The Pussycats (the version where they tended to solve spy mysteries between gigs), Speed Buggy (three kids and their anthropomorphic buggy car stopped villains between races), Jabberjaws (where a band in the future stopped threats to their marine world with the help of their drum playing shark), and Inch High Private Eye (a tiny detective, his two friends and their dog stops criminals). Arguably Hanna-Barbera wouldn't have tried The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan either, even if the source for the show pre-dates Scooby-Doo...

• Like 6
  • Gasp! 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Note to self: Never play Trivial Pursuit for money against Amentep 

:lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thomas Sowell

Oh there are huge gaps in my knowledge, so anyone with more rounded knowledge would beat me. :) 

Also it helps if I have reference works handy which wouldn't help in Trivial Pursuit. :) 

On 4/25/2022 at 7:54 AM, Amentep said:

I never get to point with a stick at my meetings. :(

Well, now's the time to start.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra