The best way to illuminate a room (Skaen's Challenge) seems to, with a Shared Nightmare cipher, trigger one or two seals from the Weyc's Wand, and right away switch to Effort (with Avenging Storm, Vithrack Silk Slippers, Ring of Clenched Muscles, etc). I took a picture (between two lightnings) :

weyc.png.8a5b59934a86062e5bb6bde2953a94d2.png

The cipher have 9 might but it is enought ..

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

In other purpose, an energized Tactician restore disciplines with spells when Hemmorhaging crit.  

Tactician/chanter sounds like fun. 😛

I was also trying to think of good ff multiclasses (with hylea's), but single class monk is so good and effort is a lot less good on them.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

Tactician/chanter sounds like fun. 😛

Victor I don't know if you saw or already knew, but Constentin recently posted that Slayer's Claw STR inspiration upgrade can work every time you switch to it... so if you get Strong with Slayer's Claw > it's upgraded to Tenacious > switch to another weapon set and switch back > upgraded to Energized.

And of course it doesn't need to bind soul or anything, anyone can wield the unbinded claw... so if you can rush it, everyone and their mother can be Energized super easily.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

but single class monk is so good and effort is a lot less good on them.

SC Monk with Effort stack very quickly Resonances, from scrolls (binding Web's pulses, Great Maelstrom's Pulses, Storm of Holy Fire's Pulses etc) or Raised Torment, or WotW, or Mortars, etc It is a little bit OP 😮 and everybody know that you like OP stuffs that's right

19 minutes ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

but Constentin recently posted that Slayer's Claw STR inspiration upgrade can work every time you switch to it...

Since I find the Least Unstable Coil multi-proc with Her revenge one or two years ago, my game turn into a Build-Testing game :) however in regular path, I never use the OP stuff like Temporal cocoon on myself (but on ennemies) : Effort combined with Brillant Departure and Ajaamut's Cloak for perma-stun is more my taste than "killing everyone at the combat start" with Avenging Storm but it is exactely like than Slayer's Claw for me : the Seeker's Prize !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

Victor I don't know if you saw or already knew, but Constentin recently posted that Slayer's Claw STR inspiration upgrade can work every time you switch to it... so if you get Strong with Slayer's Claw > it's upgraded to Tenacious > switch to another weapon set and switch back > upgraded to Energized.

And of course it doesn't need to bind soul or anything, anyone can wield the unbinded claw... so if you can rush it, everyone and their mother can be Energized super easily.

I didn't know that, however I didn't mean chanter for energized, but for the perma passive interrupt from chants with effort also proccing Avenging scroll.

It is nice to know there is a pre SSS completion source of energised for everyone, but at the same time completing SSS doesn't take that long, getting there definitely takes longer 😄

56 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

SC Monk with Effort stack very quickly Resonances, from scrolls (binding Web's pulses, Great Maelstrom's Pulses, Storm of Holy Fire's Pulses etc) or Raised Torment, or WotW, or Mortars, etc It is a little bit OP 😮 and everybody know that you like OP stuffs that's right

Since I find the Least Unstable Coil multi-proc with Her revenge one or two years ago, my game turn into a Build-Testing game :) however in regular path, I never use the OP stuff like Temporal cocoon on myself (but on ennemies) : Effort combined with Brillant Departure and Ajaamut's Cloak for perma-stun is more my taste than "killing everyone at the combat start" with Avenging Storm but it is exactely like than Slayer's Claw for me : the Seeker's Prize !

Yes, I was thinking about resonance too, but it doesn't "tickle" me enough compared to what single class monk already does without it, druid seems way more interesting, since its not that great without effort.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

In other purpose, an energized Tactician restore disciplines with spells when Hemmorhaging crit.  

tbf, there are probably tons more easier ways for a tactician to restore discipline with spells (e.g. slicken)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you enchant Effort with Lacerating in addition to Hemorrhaging, each crit will not only proc the latter as well as avenging storm, but also the former's raw DoT. A SC druid wielding this weapon can really wreak mayhem!

Edit: I did some further testing and discovered that Lacerating only procs from hits from the weapon itself, and not from crits from spells. It's so crazy when you wield Effort with a druid with multiple spells lashing foes that it is challenging to discover how the different effects comes about.

Edited by dgray62
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of trying a run as a SC Priest of Magran, with the ultimate goal of trying out Effort and casting Avenging Storm from scrolls. If I cast Spark the Souls of the Righteous while wielding effort with Avenging Storm active, would all of the procs of StSotR trigger hemorrhaging and Avenging Storm? If so, that would be wild, and would provide some nice non-fire damage for a Priest of Magran. My guess is that the ticks of Symbol of Magran and Magran's Might would also trigger this mayhem.

• Like 1

Did a quick test: Spark the Souls counts all hit rolls as the priest's - so Effort + Avenging Storm works (absolute mayhem with multiple summons on the field I guess).

Symbol of XYZ and Magran's Might etc. also work as was expected. 

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I was thinking it might, but of course will have to test it to be sure. I think I'll try this. I've actually never completed the game with a SC priest, so this would be fun. I also like how BPM added one of my favorite spells, Combusting Wounds, to the Magran bonus spells. Also, a Priest of Magran would ultimately look great in the Crimson Panopoly, and the controlled rage upgrade would synergize well with this build. And as  Constentin Lévine has shown elswhere, an empowered StSotR works extremely well with the least unstable coil.

• Like 2

Just now, Boeroer said:

Did a quick test: Spark the Souls counts all hit rolls as the priest's - so Effort + Avenging Storm works (absolute mayhem with multiple summons on the field I guess).

Symbol of XYZ and Magran's Might etc. also work as was expected. 

Thanks for the quick confirmation! I'm going to give this a try.

• Like 1

Do we have the emergence of some new anti-Dorudugan tech here...

It's pretty easy to lower Dorudugan's reflex defense (flail plus the ever-useful arkemyr's wondrous torment), plus shock is its lowest defense. on a SC priest with a scroll of avenging storm (and maybe a potion of perfect aim, depending on whose attack roll is used), would you be able to pelt out enough shock damage with spark the souls and effort with a party of 5 to wipe it out before avenging storm wears off?

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thelee said:

would you be able to pelt out enough shock damage with spark the souls and effort with a party of 5 to wipe it out before avenging storm wears off?

Avenging Storm doesn't do a lot of dmg on its own, and in order to produce chains of Avenging Storm from one Hobble/Sicken crit you have to have a very high chance to crit in the first place. 

But it would surely help.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

After some reflexions I assume that should work even on body resistant ennemies : when I wear the Footsep of the Beast while confused with Frostfall and a dex resistance, my character is hit by the hobbled affliction (auto-hit) that is downgraded to nothing, and the 25% chance to apply an affliction when afflicted work. Then, even if Dorudugan cant be hobbled or sickened by this way, this is however a weapon hit when Hemorrhaging proc.

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I just tested Effort (with Hemorrhaging, of course) with a Darcozzi Paladini; the Minor Flame Shield, if it crits, will cause Effort's Hemorrhaging (and thus Avenging Storm) to happen even if the Minor Flame Shield is put on an ally.

Of course, this isn't as flashy a use as those already mentioned, but it is interesting, nonetheless.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Switching to Effort directely after a "confused grave calling to skeletons package" seems to be the monstruous thing to do with Avenging Storm. At less for the computer.

-Wow you've got quite the hardware setup! Are you mining bitcoins for a living? Or maybe you enjoy playing Crysis in 16k with Uber Ray Tracing or whatever?

-No, I just have... guilty pleasures in Deadfire... you wouldn't understand.

• Haha 2

On 3/27/2022 at 8:16 AM, Not So Clever Hound said:

-Wow you've got quite the hardware setup! Are you mining bitcoins for a living? Or maybe you enjoy playing Crysis in 16k with Uber Ray Tracing or whatever?

-No, I just have... guilty pleasures in Deadfire... you wouldn't understand.

over the pandemic, every time i've managed to upgrade a part of my computer i've been like "awww yeah, now to see how deadfire performs"

• Haha 2