Fighter regen question and fighter Vs paladin + wizard.

If you are a shifter + fighter. What happens to boar form? 

1) Fighter regen pauses, boar regen counts while shifted, fighter regen continues after.

2) Fighter regen and boar regen both count at the same time, giving you double regen.

3) Fighter regen and boar regen both count, but do NOT stack, WASTING the fighter regen (hence boar should never be your first shift)

-

Out of Battlemage and Arcane Warrior. Which one is in your opinion, objectively strongest for triple crown? 
The 1 discipline tactical barrage, and perma +5 ACC/Deflect from conquerer alone seems very strong not even counting the regen or anything else.
I've taken a long good look at both BattleM and Arcane Warrior, and to me fighter looks statistically / raw strength stronger. While paladin gives more flexibility. 
Both offer great passives. 

-

I'm wondering because I'm starting a new triple crown run and these 3 are my preferred picks. Having some difficulty in deciding. 

1 hour ago, Ouroboros226 said:

2) Fighter regen and boar regen both count at the same time, giving you double regen.

My guess is this, unless the boar regen is also called Rapid Recovery. I am an outlast nerd and I've never seen two different kinds of regeneration not stack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

4 hours ago, Ouroboros226 said:

Out of Battlemage and Arcane Warrior. Which one is in your opinion, objectively strongest for triple crown? 
The 1 discipline tactical barrage, and perma +5 ACC/Deflect from conquerer alone seems very strong not even counting the regen or anything else.
I've taken a long good look at both BattleM and Arcane Warrior, and to me fighter looks statistically / raw strength stronger. While paladin gives more flexibility. 
Both offer great passives. 

(assuming you mean arcane knight here)

if you're including tactician for discussion, then i would say a battlemage no question.

if for whatever reason tactician is out of consideration, then i'd defer to ppl with more solo experience, but battlemage still seems strong if less obviously so (you'll be mostly doing casting and fighter offers more assistance to casting than paladin does)

• Like 1

Defensively Arcane Knight is more reliable for the majority of the game and is easier in the early game imo. Lay on Hands + Blood Sacrifice is a sweet combo. Even nice later with Wall of Draining (endless Lay on Hands). Paladin passives (don't forget Inspiring Triumph) + Wizard Buffs + Llengrath's Safeguard = enormous defense stacking. AR is top notch, too.

Once you get Wall of Draining with a Battlemage: OP due to all active instances of Unbending getting prolonged into the sky. Unbending gives you a separate, short-timed healing over time effect every time you get hit - prolonging every one of them means you'll get hundreds, even thousands of healing points per tick at some point. With decent armor and health pool you cannot get knocked out out or killed - except by one-shots, enfeeblement or more than 3 injuries.   

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

My subjective opinion is Battle Mage for buffed melee, Arcane Knight for casting without worry in the middle of the enemy horde.

Personally I find the fighter active combat abilities much more fun then paladin FoD spammage. Like Boeroer wrote, Arcane Knight is more reliable/durable troughout the game, including the more difficult early stages. But later on, a fighter with Unbending and Wall of Draining is nearly immortal anyway.

Edited by Haplok

I played Arcane Knight , and ended up burning out. Now that I think about it, I should have played it as a DEF stacking tank with WoTEP w/ Offensive Parry, and casting spells. On the other hand , I agree that Battlemage is more overall 'fun'!

• Like 1