Random-Interesting-Weird

Amentep

Anything can be used as a bat, though.  You haven't lived until you've tried using a 6 year old as one.

• Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-59676772

Twitter go home, this is the real thing...

Bird songs bump stars off Australian music chart

An album made up entirely of the tweets and squawks of endangered Australian birds has debuted in the top five of the country's Aria music charts.

Songs of Disappearance is surpassing the likes of Abba and The Weeknd - not to mention Christmas favourites Michael Bublé and Mariah Carey.

Created by BirdLife Australia, the album features the birdsongs of 53 of Australia's most threatened species.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Also a vulnerable species, so Mankind's nearly got them on the ropes.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Don't feed them after midnight and don't let them get near any water...

• Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Crabs know how to sort. Smarter than CS freshmen.

• Like 1

The chip manufacturers are lagging behind. New chips shortage in Japan...

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-59750613

Supply chain issues and a world wide shortage of lorry/truck drivers to blame.

13 hours ago, Raithe said:

Actually those are the digits that supposedly evolved from the Hindu-Arabic notation. The original Hindu symbols look almost nothing like the 15th century version.

The spread of Hindu-Arabic numerals in the tradition of European practical mathematics

• Thanks 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Here is the best NY video and olympic video I have ever seen in my life, I must give the CCP full credit for that ...I have never seen anything quite like it 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

BBC - Five things you definitely heard if you owned a Blackberry

If you're reading this on a touchscreen smartphone with hundreds of apps, instant messaging and good quality camera, let's take a second to reminisce.

If you had a phone in the 2000s and 2010s, there's a decent chance you were owner to some form of Blackberry handset.

Today marks the end of an era; the company's software will stop working entirely.

It stopped making its own phones in 2016.

We're taking a trip down memory lane, to honour the iconic memories associated with the iconic, and now defunct, Blackberry.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Viral Video Of Royal Guard Plowing Into Young Kid Sparks Debate - Comic Sands

A TikTok video showing a Tower of London guardsman trampling a child who was standing in his direct path sparked a debate online.

Some maintained the child should have stayed out of the way of the two marching soldiers of the Scots Guards.

Others argued it wasn't completely necessary for a child to be knocked over and trampled by a grown man.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Chinese New Year isnt until 1 Feb. Kooky.

Apparently its fake, my sister sent it to me and said it was real....I should have known better to believe her :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Students shouldn't go out into life without the ability to communicate, and that's because your success in life will be determined largely by your ability to speak, your ability to write, and the quality of your ideas. In that order."