nfl 2021-2022

Gromnir

5 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Yeah, we can still get the #1 seed mathematically, but realistically it ain't gonna happen. Seeds #2 thru #4 are effectively identical, not different enough to make it worth tryharding for the #2 seed if you have banged up players, which is every NFL team at this point of the season.

With the Buccaneers losing tonight, it is now quite a different story. Cowboys would be the number one seed if all of the Cardinals, Packers, Cowboys, and Buccaneers finished with the same amount of win-losses (due to the Cowboys' superior conference record), so it's not nearly as unlikely as it might appear. However, that's assuming that the Cowboys don't lose to the Cardinals...or anyone else. I think I like the Packers' chance of securing the #1 seed best, though, particularly since we're now effectively two games ahead of the Buccaneers and Cardinals. Famous last words, though.

MVP race: I think it's between Rodgers and Brady at this point, and I have no idea what MVP voters are going to value more - efficiency king with very good but not great volume stats (Rodgers), or volume king with merely good efficiency (Brady). If the Packers cruise to the #1 seed while Rodgers continues to throw 3 TDs a game, maybe he wins, I don't know.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Muh Boys just dropped 42(!) on Washington in the first half. Granted, half of the Skins are out with The Omicron and they're a crap team to begin with. Still, Dak and the offense are firing on all cylinders and our defense has been a legit top 5 defense for the last 4 or 5 weeks. Micah Parsons is one of the frontrunners for DPoY and Trevon Diggs is threatening the single season interception record, as well as a DPoY candidate himself.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The NFC playoff picture is becoming clearer. The Packers, Buccaneers, and Cowboys are division champs, the West isn't yet decided, but given the recent struggles of the Cards, it's looking likely that the Rams will take the division. The Packers control the destiny of the #1 seed, they should get the bye. The wildcards right now are Cards, Eagles, and Niners.

The picture in the AFC is much more murky.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

40 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

The NFC playoff picture is becoming clearer. The Packers, Buccaneers, and Cowboys are division champs, the West isn't yet decided, but given the recent struggles of the Cards, it's looking likely that the Rams will take the division. The Packers control the destiny of the #1 seed, they should get the bye. The wildcards right now are Cards, Eagles, and Niners.

The picture in the AFC is much more murky.

It seems likely Rodgers will win his second straight MVP at this point...and that the Packers will lose again in the NFCCG because they are precariously perched on the edge of a knife and will predictably suffer a great tumble against a more rounded and consistent team. It would be a multi-layered revenge if it were to the Cowboys, but I can't say that I expect the Cowboys to make it to the NFCCG (which is the only place the Packers and Cowboys could play assuming Packers #1 and Cowboys #2) in the first place. Famous last words, though.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Rodgers is definitely winning MVP unless he takes a literal **** on the field in the next 2 weeks. I'm hoping Micah Parsons wins DPoY, but they might not give it to him because he's almost certainly winning defensive rookie of the year. 

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

34 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Rodgers is definitely winning MVP unless he takes a literal **** on the field in the next 2 weeks. I'm hoping Micah Parsons wins DPoY, but they might not give it to him because he's almost certainly winning defensive rookie of the year. 

I think it's not super clear-cut if we don't get the #1 seed. A poll of 25 league executives that I saw last week put the race in between Rodgers and Jonathan Taylor on the Colts, and they were just about split down the middle with a slight lean towards Rodgers, and with Brady as a distant third. If the Colts are able to secure a place in the playoffs and Taylor looks great these last two weeks while the Packers lose to either the Vikings or Bears, I could see them giving it to Taylor a la how Adrian Peterson got it in 2012 after defeating the Packers in the final game of the season to secure a spot.

Edited by Bartimaeus

It's kind of crazy that as of right now the Raiders, Chargers, and Ravens are all out while the Fins are in. The AFC hierarchy has been shuffled so many times this season.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

Has there ever been a less likeable MVP in sports?

I mean, Tom Brady is pretty weird, but he isn't exactly a full time troll like Rodgers.

12 minutes ago, Hurlsnot said:

I mean, Tom Brady is pretty weird, but he isn't exactly a full time troll like Rodgers.

is way before our time, but if even half o' the ty cobb stories is true, rodgers is at best fighting for second place for most contempt worthy mvp in american sports history. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

@Bartimaeus You should be praying the NFCCG is Dallas vs GB. Rodgers owns the f***ing Cowboys too. ;( 

It does seem like a bad idea to ever bet against Rodgers when playing the Cowboys. It's been too many times I've thought for sure we would lose and somehow we don't. Of course, maybe the anti-Cowboys magic was actually McCarthy and not Rodgers...

2 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

Are we counting Superbowl The Big Game MVPs? Didn't Ray Lewis (allegedly) stab somebody? Somehow, he's still more likable than Rodgers. :lol:

If our offense is back to playing like it did the 1st half of the year, and I'm not taking a beatdown of a depleted Skins team as conclusive evidence of that, and our defense keeps playing like it has the 2nd half of the year, then muh Boys would be one of the scariest and most complete teams in the league. Of course, we have a storied history of choking in the playoffs, so...

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

22 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Are we counting Superbowl The Big Game MVPs? Didn't Ray Lewis (allegedly) stab somebody? Somehow, he's still more likavle than Rodgers. :lol:

were never complete clear o' ray lewis involvement other than his undisputed role in covering up a murder, which by itself shoulda' been more than enough to destroy any kinda rep or legacy. add Big Game then need add roethlisberger, but is way too many names for us to track with nba, nhl, nfl and mlb championship mvps added to the list.

that said, am gonna suggest kobe bryant deserves consideration as well.

(edit) crikey. can't hardly believe we forgot oj.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I just heard John Madden passed away. Sad news.

• Sad 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

8 hours ago, Gromnir said:

(edit) crikey. can't hardly believe we forgot oj.

Lmao, I was thinking that there had to be someone, but I couldn't think of whom...guess I should've just taken the time to look at the list of MVPs.

RIP John Madden.

Tyron Smith (lightly) practiced today for the first time in quite a while. No word yet on whether he will play againt the Cards. The important thing is that he's healthy for the playoffs, but it would be nice if he played at least one game before that to shake off any rust.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

6 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Tyron Smith (lightly) practiced today for the first time in quite a while. No word yet on whether he will play againt the Cards. The important thing is that he's healthy for the playoffs, but it would be nice if he played at least one game before that to shake off any rust.

Packers are in a similar situation with David Bakhtiari, though I'd put a better outlook on someone with a torn ACL than someone with a serious neck injury. Still, Bakhtiari is absolutely needed for the playoffs (and indeed, we probably lost that NFCCG last year because of him not being in it, given the insane pressure that Rodgers faced in that game), and it was expected he'd be back long before now, and he's barely even practiced... Rodgers had an insane MVP campaign last year after having had a healthy and consistent line the entire year - it's kind of flown under the radar that he's having another MVP-like year (albeit not as great of one) while having had to replace that entire line for most of the entire season (right now, we have literally nobody left from last year's line - starting 4 backups and a rookie!).

May both our All-Pros come back healthy and good, :(.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

Interesting that it was my Jets and not a alcoholic episode that finally sent Antonio Brown over the edge.

I can't stop laughing. How much of a better situation can you be in than being with TOM BRADY on the team that just won the Super Bowl? Report is that he got so mad at them losing to the Jets that he benched himself, said he wasn't playing anymore, the coaches started getting into it with him. Not sure yet if they effectively cut him right then and there, or if they made that decision after he tore off his clothes and threw them into the crowd, or what. And of course, Tom Brady went on to beat the Jets.

(e): Dallas loses, which means Packers only need to win tonight or against the Lions next week to clinch the #1 seed, :). Officially RIP Amentep's Falcons.

Edited by Bartimaeus

It's pretty concerning that every time muh Boys face a good team we lose. Doesn't exactly bode well for the playoffs.

Also, lol Antonio Brown.

• Gasp! 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

3 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Also, lol Antonio Brown.

is just so wrong we momentarily hoped antonio brown has cte. won't be able to know for sure until he dies and they autopsy his brain, but alternatives include mr. brown being an immature d-bag, and if such is the actual cause o' all his problems, then the only reason he were able to get to this point is 'cause coach after coach and team after team let him get to the jets game. just how many people balanced brown talent with his behavioral issues and decided to accept the predictable ab moments? 

if the latest is nothing more than a grown man throwing a toddler tantrum, then...

if is cte, then there is no cure and no real way for antonio brown to fix his problems, so we shouldn't wish for cte to be the reason, but alternatives place the burden on parents, coaches, team owners, innumerable friends/loved ones and 'course brown himself.  ab's most recent meltdown were not insular predictable save that no doubt many o' us expected something like this would happen eventual-- kinda an ironic  example o' simultaneous surprising and predictable. 

regardless, am embarrassed to admit we kinda hoped for cte to explain. 

Edited by Gromnir

Star wide receivers have a tendency to be divas, it comes with the territory, but Antonio Brown is on some next-level ****.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 12/28/2021 at 5:01 PM, Guard Dog said:

I just heard John Madden passed away. Sad news.

It was sad to hear that. Football was just more enjoyable back then.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."