What you've done today - The Edge of Night

Amentep

3 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Yeah, I didnt want version 1.0, but I got blowdarted by a drone while I was checking my mail so I figured I might as well roll with it.

As I always maintain, drones really can be beneficial 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Raccoon decided to mess up my mom's plants, so the battle is on.  First tactic is to harass him every hour during the day as I know where he's sleeping.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

12 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Raccoon decided to mess up my mom's plants, so the battle is on.  First tactic is to harass him every hour during the day as I know where he's sleeping.

Whatever you do dont kill him, bring in a pest expert to remove if you cant get rid of him yourselves 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Whatever you do dont kill him, bring in a pest expert to remove if you cant get rid of him yourselves 

Death is always the answer.

But it is illegal to kill it, we use pepper sauce to offend its nose and generally make noise and hassle it to the point where it thinks we're jerks.  People in this city coddle these pests, always see posts of people feeding them and acting like they are pets. Dumbass yuppies watching too many Disney films. 😛

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 minutes ago, Malcador said:

D
eath is always the answer.But it is illegal to kill it, we use pepper sauce to offend its nose and generally make noise and hassle it to the point where it thinks we're jerks.  People in this city coddle these pests, always see posts of people feeding them and acting like they are pets. Dumbass yuppies watching too many Disney films. 😛

"Death is always the answer" :lol:

I didnt realize it was illegal to kill  animals like Racoons, I think that is a good law in a country where sometimes your laws  seem well meaning but unnecessary and signs of liberal government overreach. Like this one 

https://factcheck.afp.com/no-canadians-cannot-be-jailed-or-fined-just-using-wrong-gender-pronoun

https://www.independentsentinel.com/father-jailed-in-canada-for-using-incorrect-pronouns/

Malc I am getting worried about Canada.....we dont even jail people for that in SA but we do jail people under certain circumstances for certain offensive words. Its called Crimen Injuria but even that law wont jail you for using wrong pronouns 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimen_injuria

John Milton 

Ah, he broke a gag order and that's why he's in jail. 

9 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Ah, he broke a gag order and that's why he's in jail. 

Please comment on the thread I created to discuss this, it will be good to get different opinions on what I think is overreach 

John Milton 

Can't cut my hair, so once again, maybe I should just buzzcut my head.  Problem is still that my vanity tells me that I would look like some short, broad-faced, oddly shaped-head dude.  I don't think I'd be pulling off the "hot bald woman" look.

But hair is becoming a PITA.  Waking up and rubbing a washcloth over the head now and then sounds convenient.  It might be low-neck length by winter again.

Hmmm

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

11 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

haircut-23.jpg

haircut-24.jpg

Good for you LC. You make your own decisions.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sunny is not the smartest dog I’ve ever met. But she knows how to get comfortable. She walked down to the creek and sat down in the 2’ deep bowl I dug out for minnows to spawn. Just her head was out of the water. That that water is icy cold. Feels good on a hot morning.

She is awesome 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

12 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Well now we need a pic of your oddly shaped-head. :p 

Eh, it's mostly the back of  the head. Kind of a dip in the center, if you put both hands back there, it sorta feels like the back of my skull has rounded corners, haha, so my imagination goes wild thinking what it would look like with zero hair. The forehead/front is ok.  Anyway, I didn't totally buzz it all yet, it's all mostly maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch long.  I didn't originally want white-scalp-syndrome. 

haircut-04a.jpg

The trimmer is annoying when trying to keep things even because angle/pressure you keep making thinner/shorter spots etc. I slipped and one side of the neck is near shaved and the other side not and ... am debating whether to actually near-shave all of it so it doesn't look all scrunchy-weird.  Pfft.  If I do that I'll try to get pick of the back of head or something.  Oh and ... why not hand the trimmer to hubby, you ask? Because ... that would not be any challenge fun.  :shifty:

Y'know, since my hair was black, it is/would be really hard/damaging to first bleach then color-dye it. So I never did.  But now. Maybe time for some of these?  :sorcerer::banana:  Time to Amazon-shop!

bluewigs1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Maybe I should shave off the eyebrows again too. 😛

Hubby bought one of those shallow plastic storage sheds for rakes/ladders, so today he was out there placing cement pavers (he became really picky re: levelness :shifty: ), then putting the shed together.  If he likes it he'll get another, so two side by side.  I can't believe how much they want for those cheap plastic things. $400 or something. That does not include any shelves or tool hooks or anything (it's a few hundred extra for the DLC!). Absurd. But they make good fence-gap/neighbor blockers! Maybe we should get a couple dozen more of them and ring the whole backyard fence with them, so I can run around naked back there all the time (no 2-story houses around here).  And a hot tub! 🏃‍♀️🛀

Edit: should've put in pics to begin with:

toolshed1.jpg

...thanks to my uber photoshop skillz, you can easily see that this would be the perfect spot for a small hottub.
20210529_140407.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Haha 2

Hmm...I'm glad I never dyed my hair "wig auburn/red" because with my skin tone, I don't think it's me.  :p

wigs-01.jpg

Also, how do people wear wigs without their head/scalp feeling like it's in a sauna after 5 minutes?  I feel like I'd have sweat dripping down my neck constantly. I guess wear them only in winter, ha?  And why are the bangs like six inches long? I guess one is supposed to "style" their (cheap) wig to fit and look better.  Just like real hair.  Sounds like work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The VFW & American Legion are meeting together today. For the first time each since the covid breakout. The Memorial Service is in the morning. I think I'll skip that part since I just woke up an it starts in an hour. After that cookout and lunch at  Meeman Shelby Park. Should be fun. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Welcome back WD. Been awhile

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

On 5/29/2021 at 6:38 AM, Gfted1 said:

Im incapable of trimming my own hair. I tried it once...ONCE... and something about trying to do it myself in a mirror gets me all confuzzled and backwards in my mind and I jack the haircut up bad. :lol:

I tried to cut my hair once. By the end of it I was sweating like I had been wrestling a mule, and my hair looked like the mule had been armed with particularly dull set of hedge-clippers...

• Haha 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

1 hour ago, Amentep said:

I tried to cut my hair once. By the end of it I was sweating like I had been wrestling a mule, and my hair looked like the mule had been armed with particularly dull set of hedge-clippers...

we don't even do a particular good job pruning hedges, and that ain't requiring us to work bass ackwards with a mirror. am aware o' our limitations, thank you very much.

had a professional cut our hair on the 25th, which were fifteen days following our second vaccine shot. were arguable the best money we has spent this year. 

HA! Good Fun! 

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Initial success against raccoon insurgency, used apple cider vinegar in conjunction with some pepper sauce.  Is hanging out on our neighbour's deck, hissed at me when it saw me so it got the message.  It's great when you find their hiding place in the day and can safely wake them up, drove the one last year (maybe the same?) out by doing that every 45 minutes or so.