18 minutes ago, Noqn said:

There's a list of all effect types here in case anyone is interested (warning - it's dense): https://eternity.obsidian.net/game-data-formats/enumerations#statuseffecttype

It's hard to find a fitting effect that doesn't conflict with other Attributes/Inspirations...
What I would put up for consideration:

• Suspend Hostile Effects.
  • +X to all Skills.

Hm... what about giving an Empower Point periodically? You can't use more than one per encounter anyway, you can't have more than your max anyway - but you could avoid resting and use Empower more often (either in order to get more resources or to ewmpower an ability). 

Is it just me or would this immediately solve the problems with SoT and Wall of Draining?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Noqn said:

Alternating between PL levels is a really cool, but we should ask whether letting Brilliant restore high tier spells is necessary to begin with. I think the Balancing Patch's current solution of restoring spells only up to a certain a PL is the most efficient and seamless we have so far.

I still prefer the cycle one. But that's why I'm starting an "archive package" for my mod in case people prefer older versions.

That said, the cycling Tier limit is quite close to current design of Blood Sacrifice, so I think it feels quite in line with existing principles.

41 minutes ago, Noqn said:

On another note, I've finished up everything with the Potion of Enlightenment!

It'll spawn in the following shops, one potion per inventory refill:

Vendor Location
Bauble The Deck of Many Things
Dimesa The Treasure Trove
Fetid Spray The Forgotten Sanctum
Fassina / Shop Imp The Dark Cupboard
Neale The Crucible

The last touch is the translations for the item description,

@Boeroer@Elric Galad@lewis_cb

I'll publish the mod as created by the 'Obsidian Forums Community', with more specific credits in the description. Sounds good to everyone? 🙂

Perfect for me.

"Distilled from the dissolved brains of Vithrack Luminaries and infused with the relentless essence of an Adra Animat, this concoction fills the user with marvellous insights and inexhaustible perseverance."

Fr Distillée à partir de cerveaux dissous de Luminaires Vithrack et infusée grâce à l'essence tenace d'Animat d'Adra, cette concoction emplit celui ou celle qui la boit d'une perspicacité merveilleuse et  d'une persévérance inépuisable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Hm... what about giving an Empower Point periodically? You can't use more than one per encounter anyway, you can't have more than your max anyway - but you could avoid resting and use Empower more often (either in order to get more resources or to ewmpower an ability). 

Is it just me or would this immediately solve the problems with SoT and Wall of Draining?

Personally I only use Empower when I play Chanter with Sashas, otherwise I completely ignore the mechanic, so in its current form it's not the greatest.

That being said not everyone is weird like me and never rests. 😛

In spanish:
"Destilado a partir de los cerebros disueltos de Iluminados Vithrack e infundido con la esencia implacable de un Anímata de adra, este brebaje llena al usuario con conocimientos maravillosos y perseverancia inagotable."

Sorry I couldn't find what "Luminaries" means, is it a specific type of enemy in PoE? otherwise what synonyms does it have? "celebrity" perhaps?

Edited by lewis_cb
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Boeroer said:

With Brilliant restoring Empower you wouldn't need to rest. It would be like Sasha's Singing Scimitar - but for everyone who's brilliant. 

Ancestor's Memory was once called Ancestor's Honor and restored an Empower Point because people didn't like it...

Luminaries are a special kind of extra smart Vithrack from PoE's White March. I also don't recall how the game translated that. Maybe we just take it out of the english version as well. 

1 hour ago, Elric Galad said:

Ancestor's Memory was once called Ancestor's Honor and restored an Empower Point because people didn't like it...

I can't deduce an argument here. :)

Maybe if Brilliant restored Empower points then the Empower mechanic would be used more often? Seems to work with Sasha's Singing Scimitar...?

Edited by Boeroer

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Luminaries are a special kind of extra smart Vithrack from PoE's White March. I also don't recall how the game translated that. Maybe we just take it out of the english version as well. 

Ahh, that explains it. I don't have PoE 1 unfortunately :( 

But if it is in the bestiary then maybe any of you who have PoE1 could find its translation by accessing the spanish version of the bestiary?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I can't deduce an argument here. :)

Maybe if Brilliant restored Empower points then the Empower mechanic would be used more often? Seems to work with Sasha's Singing Scimitar...?

That it was corrected for good reasons. + Empower Point has no effect on an individual battle.
Well, you know that I want to keep regenerating ressources for Brilliant anyway, but +x all skills would have my favor if anything.

But +x to all skills has very little effect in an ecounter. And usually you'll become brilliant in an encounter. 

If you get an empower point from Brilliant priodically you can use it in every fight to refresh resources or empower an ability and still get back to full from 0 to 4 (or whatever your max is) without resting. I think that's pretty cool. It's absolute garbage for a Bloodmage though... ;)  

Edited by Boeroer

Thanks for the translations @Boeroer@Elric Galad@lewis_cb!

I managed to locate vithrack luminaries in PoE1's stringtable entries, here are the official translations 😄

de Vithrack-Koryphäe
es Luminar de Vithrack
fr Sommité Vithrack

I'm sorry to keep bothering you, but could you confirm that I've inserted them grammatically correct?

de Dieser geheimnisvolle Trank wird aus gelösten Vithrack-Koryphäe-Hirnen destilliert und mit der Essenz eines unerbittlichen Adra-Animats aufgeladen. Sie erlaubt schier sagenhafte Einsichten und erfüllt den Nutzer mit einer unermüdlichen Beharrlichkeit.
es Destilado a partir de los cerebros disueltos de Luminar de Vithrack e infundido con la esencia implacable de un Anímata de adra, este brebaje llena al usuario con conocimientos maravillosos y perseverancia inagotable.
fr Distillée à partir de cerveaux dissous de Sommité Vithrack et infusée grâce à l'essence tenace d'Animat d'Adra, cette concoction emplit celui ou celle qui la boit d'une perspicacité merveilleuse et d'une persévérance inépuisable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Noqn said:

Thanks for the translations @Boeroer@Elric Galad@lewis_cb!

I managed to locate vithrack luminaries in PoE1's stringtable entries, here are the official translations 😄

de Vithrack-Koryphäe
es Luminar de Vithrack
fr Sommité Vithrack

I feared they had used the direct translation from any dictionary. Koryphäe... that's like a exceptional expert. The Vithrack Expert, sure. 😄 But if that's the official translation then what can we do. ;)

9 hours ago, Noqn said:
de Dieser geheimnisvolle Trank wird aus gelösten Hirnen von Vithrack-Koryphäen destilliert und mit der Essenz eines unerbittlichen Adra-Animats aufgeladen. Er erlaubt schier sagenhafte Einsichten und erfüllt den Nutzer mit einer unermüdlichen Beharrlichkeit.

I corrected it right in the quote. Embarrassingly I also had an error in the following sentence because in between I switched from "die Mixtur (sie)" to "der Trank (er)". :blush:

Edited by Boeroer
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2021 at 10:10 PM, Noqn said:

I have to say I feel this too. Arbitrary duration cap breaks established design rules, and misses the crux of the issue - that the effect itself is too strong.

Alternating between PL levels is a really cool, but we should ask whether letting Brilliant restore high tier spells is necessary to begin with. I think the Balancing Patch's current solution of restoring spells only up to a certain a PL is the most efficient and seamless we have so far.

If not that, I think we should look back to what Boeroer started the thread with, and think up an altogether different effect for Brilliant. (Anti-Confusion would've been awesome. 😥) How about suspending hostile effects while Brilliant?

It feels artificial to me too.

Thus the question: if the resource regeneration would be allowed to go on (so long as there is Brilliant effect), would that be ok? Provided that we would also make changes to SoT, WoD and Shroud of Phantasm.

----

Re: another Brilliant effect: I like Boeroer's idea with restoration of Empower points. But I also like resource regeneration because there are fights were it is indeed needed.

On 3/10/2021 at 10:35 PM, Noqn said:

The last touch is the translations for the item description

In case you need Russian translation here it is:

Spoiler

Distilled from the dissolved brains of Vithrack Luminaries and infused with the relentless essence of an Adra Animat, this concoction fills the user with marvellous insights and inexhaustible perseverance.

Эта смесь, дистиллированная из растворенных мозгов визрак-знатоков и пропитанная неустанной эссенцией адрового анимата, наполняет пользователя удивительной проницательностью и неиссякаемым упорством.

(the names are in line with PoE1)

• Like 3

Thanks for looking it up Noqn, please find below the final translation :) 

20 hours ago, Noqn said:

es Destilado a partir de los cerebros disueltos de Luminares de Vithrack e infundido con la esencia implacable de un Anímata de adra, este brebaje llena al usuario con conocimientos maravillosos y perseverancia inagotable.

("Luminar" in spanish means a virtuous person, didn't know it, nice)

Edited by lewis_cb
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 2:27 PM, MaxQuest said:

It feels artificial to me too.

Thus the question: if the resource regeneration would be allowed to go on (so long as there is Brilliant effect), would that be ok? Provided that we would also make changes to SoT, WoD and Shroud of Phantasm.

----

Re: another Brilliant effect: I like Boeroer's idea with restoration of Empower points. But I also like resource regeneration because there are fights were it is indeed needed.

In case you need Russian translation here it is:

Reveal hidden contents

Distilled from the dissolved brains of Vithrack Luminaries and infused with the relentless essence of an Adra Animat, this concoction fills the user with marvellous insights and inexhaustible perseverance.

Эта смесь, дистиллированная из растворенных мозгов визрак-знатоков и пропитанная неустанной эссенцией адрового анимата, наполняет пользователя удивительной проницательностью и неиссякаемым упорством.

(the names are in line with PoE1)

Here is an infinite version of the cycling Brilliant. It required a special effect to clean up the remaining pseudo-period triggered from ticks (pseudo-perdio triggered from initial effect cleans up automatically when Brilliant is ellapsed, but not the ones triggered by the 18s ticks) :

gn.brilliant_nerf_tweak.gamedatabundle

@Noqn : basing Potion of Enlightenment on Vithrack brain wasn't the wisest decision to motivate my wife to translate the description into Polish...

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

@Noqn : basing Potion of Enlightenment on Vithrack brain wasn't the wisest decision to motivate my wife to translate the description into Polish...

Why that?

About the Potion of Enlightment, I thought about a possible change today:

Would people like it if the potion gave a random wound as a drawback?

This would force people to use Adra Potions together with this Potion of Enlightenment (not sure how big of a functional change it could be). There could be times where you would rather wait until the 2nd or 3rd wound before using the Adra Potion to cleanse them (which may be risky if the enemies can inflict wounds), but other times where the 1st wound you get is awful for your build so you immediately use an Adra Potion.

Thematically one could imagine that this happens because the user gets extenuated beyond the limits of his/her body, because this potion drains the very last bit of phyisical or soul energy from a random part of the body where there was no energy already.

Just a crazy idea don't hate me for it, but I couldn't help posting it here 😄

Edited by lewis_cb
  • Like 4

I wouldn't mind if the injury occured after the beneficial effect of the potion runs out (sort of a crash effect).

And it shouldn't be a random injury imo but fatigue. It just fits.

Afaik fatigue usually only occurs via scripted interactions so it would be unique to get it from a consumable. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lewis_cb said:

About the Potion of Enlightment, I thought about a possible change today:

Would people like it if the potion gave a random wound as a drawback?

This would force people to use Adra Potions together with this Potion of Enlightenment (not sure how big of a functional change it could be). There could be times where you would rather wait until the 2nd or 3rd wound before using the Adra Potion to cleanse them (which may be risky if the enemies can inflict wounds), but other times where the 1st wound you get is awful for your build so you immediately use an Adra Potion.

Thematically one could imagine that this happens because the user gets extenuated beyond the limits of his/her body, because this potion drains the very last bit of phyisical or soul energy from a random part of the body where there was no energy already.

Just a crazy idea don't hate me for it, but I couldn't help posting it here 😄

I think it's not a bad idea, in order to provide a drawback for using the potion and limit its common use.
I agree with Boeroer that a non-random fatigue would suit better, especially fluff-wise.
I'm not sure about asking Noqn to implement it for the initial release, but it's probably a good possible nerf if needed 🙂 

• Like 2

Normally, if you get two of the same injuries the second one automatically becomes a major injury (third: critical injury). I guess fatigue would be no exception.

• Like 1