Politics US Edition Volume II

Amentep

Donald Trump’s pardons must not obstruct justice

The result is not to negate the pardons issued but to expose a president to prosecution for the way he deployed them. If Mr Trump abuses pardons to shield himself and key allies from justice, that could be charged as criminal obstruction of justice, an abuse of the constitutional power of clemency to accomplish an illegal end.

In a poetic turn of justice, such obstructive pardons would make prosecuting a president who granted them easier. If Messrs Manafort and Stone and former national security adviser Michael Flynn were called to testify against Mr Trump, their pardons would make it much harder for them to invoke their constitutional rights to remain silent to avoid self-incrimination.

an interesting read. 

two observations:

1) the author is the foremost expert on law o' the US Constitution.

2) the author is also an unabashed partisan who does not hide his contempt for trump. 

is our opinion larry's intellectual integrity supersedes any political opinion he might embrace. nevertheless we do feel compelled to observe that the professor's legal analysis and conclusions, o' which we find no obvious flaw, conjure forth a scenario grounded as much in a solid understanding o' law as mr. tribe's personal sense o' justice.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

A sad read that a person of this stature so severly suffers from TDS. I thought US will be done with this now that Trump lost the election, but it seems nothing short of burning the man on a stake and erase the very memory of him will ease the deranged minds on the left scarred for life by the last 4 years.

Edited by Skarpen

166215__front.jpg

Vacationing Trump Says Afghanistan Better Than United States

Referring to their election security. 

You know what he should do? Go buy an island and declare it an independent country. Make himself President for life and then open it up to immigration for any of his fans here in the US. The proverbial two birds with one stone solution!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

41 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

You know what he should do? Go buy an island and declare it an independent country. Make himself President for life and then open it up to immigration for any of his fans here in the US. The proverbial two birds with one stone solution!

He did try to buy Greenland... of course they laughed in his face at the idea. But maybe with a bit of international pressure on Greenland? Offer a corner of Alaska in exchange?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My signature can change on a daily basis due to poor writing, so not a good thing. Of course the idea behind a lot of this stuff is to invalidate votes so I guess it works for that. 

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

5 hours ago, KaineParker said:

My signature can change on a daily basis due to poor writing, so not a good thing. Of course the idea behind a lot of this stuff is to invalidate votes so I guess it works for that. 

Yeah, I'd never be able to vote ever again if my signature was subject to verification. Can't write for crap.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

On 12/27/2020 at 1:32 AM, Skarpen said:

A sad read that a person of this stature so severly suffers from TDS. I thought US will be done with this now that Trump lost the election, but it seems nothing short of burning the man on a stake and erase the very memory of him will ease the deranged minds on the left scarred for life by the last 4 years.

I think the guy made everybody a little crazy in one way or another. It's sad to see the impact of electing a mentally-ill man to the office. Hopefully, once he's gone, everything can start to return to normal.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• Gorth locked this topic