The New Drinking Thread

Amentep

Melodrama aside, I'm not big on mixing scotch, reason being that the good stuff is too good to mix and the cheap stuff is raw sewage not fit for human consumption. I generally stick to rum for mixing with brown sugar water 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

13 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Melodrama aside, I'm not big on mixing scotch, reason being that the good stuff is too good to mix and the cheap stuff is raw sewage not fit for human consumption. I generally stick to rum for mixing with brown sugar water 

The scotch drinks I've made and can vouch for are the blood and sand and a minty scotch old fashioned I made after reading about it. Frankly, I'm not a fan of mixing anything with carbonated sugar water because for everything that can work with it I can think of something better to make.

Now something I am fond of mixing is hot chocolate and bourbon or Irish whiskey. It's surprisingly good, the whiskey cuts through the dense chocolate and opens it up nicely. Adding amaretto or a cream (chocolate) liqueur makes it amazing.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Mexican Coke is really good (I think the difference is that Mexican Coke uses real sugar, while US Coke uses high fructose corn syrup) but I dont recall having ever seen it for sale in the US. Probably need to go to a small specialty store that caters to the Mexican community.

As a foreigner, I get the impression the US food industry puts copious quantities of corn syrup in *everything* (both food and drinks). Might explain why some things are described as "bland", if it tastes like everything else 😝

Trying to expand my horizon a bit when it comes to red wines. I've been a Shiraz fanboy for two decades (I love the strong, spicy flavour), but I'm sure there are other good grapes out there. I've just no idea which ones 🤔

• Hmmm 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

14 hours ago, Gorth said:

As a foreigner, I get the impression the US food industry puts copious quantities of corn syrup in *everything*

Yup, and sugar too. Even restaurants put sugar into everything including their entres. So very annoying. I hate even the slightest of sweetness in my main meal. Sweetness should be limited to drinks, desserts and some breakfast foods and that's it.

• Like 1

I took a trip over to Frugal MacDoogal to get a jump on some Christmas shopping.

U2W44qC.jpeg

The Napoleon liqueur is for mom, the tequila is for sis, the cognac is for dad, and the Żubrówka is for me (and it ain't making it till Christmas;)).

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 2 weeks later...

Angel's Envy Single Barrel. It's beautiful, plenty of spice and a sweet caramel finish. Hard recommend.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

• Sad 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, Azdeus said:

Aww... empty search result? Took me a moment to understand the cookie questions (and confirm I was 20+ years old 😂 )

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hahaha, I kind of forgot about that! But yeah, I'd have to order a pallet if I want to try it, and that's... a bit too costly. >_<

• Sad 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, Azdeus said:

Hahaha, I kind of forgot about that! But yeah, I'd have to order a pallet if I want to try it, and that's... a bit too costly. >_<

Heaven's Door is pretty good and it was listed on there. Not Angel's Envy good, let alone Angel's Envy Single Barrel good, but better than Jim Beam or whatever by far.

5 hours ago, KP From Another World said:

Heaven's Door is pretty good and it was listed on there. Not Angel's Envy good, let alone Angel's Envy Single Barrel good, but better than Jim Beam or whatever by far.

Obligatory Jim Beam video linking:

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

25 minutes ago, majestic said:

Obligatory Jim Beam video linking:

And here I thought Kevin Sorbo would never show up itt.

2 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

And here I thought Kevin Sorbo would never show up itt.

Hercules shows up wherever he wants.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 10/5/2022 at 10:49 PM, ShadySands said:

Matcha and mint iced tea

I have no clue what matcha is.

My next batch of mead finished fermenting a few days ago. Even with only a few days to mellow, it's not really harsh. In terms of strength, I'd say it's in decently strong beer territory, maybe around 6%. I can definitely taste the raspberries, but not the mint, I'll use more next time. My goal is to make something closer to weak wine strength, around 9 or 10%. Baby steps.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hot dang, my local ABC Spirits had not just the good stuff, but the really good stuff:

HXE97tM.jpeg

Surprisingly, this was less than $10 more than the 12 year old Dewar's I usually drink. Typically, once you go older than 12 year old whisky the price rises sharply. I've only had the 15 year old once before and it's so dang smooth and delicious that I may drink the whole bottle by mistake and start drunk posting. If you see some really stupid posts from me, worse than my usual really stupid posts, you know what happened.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸