The New Drinking Thread

Amentep

52 minutes ago, Space KP, Baby said:

Did you put ketchup in it?

Just a splash ontop of the mashed potato garnish ๐Ÿ˜„

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

No, creme de catsup. Which might be good in a bloody Mary. Maybe. Probably not.

ย 

53 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Just a splash ontop of the mashed potato garnish ๐Ÿ˜„

I take full blame for starting this, but come on guys, this is going too far. Like bloody marys with shrimp and beef jerky in it, which are real unlike the Swedish special.

5 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I'm contemplating getting a bottle of Lagavulin just so that I can tempt @ShadySands

We all know you're getting it to drink, as would I.

• Haha 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"Youย are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfullyย it seems like the creatorsย like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don'tย forgetย the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Areย you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feralย camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Just now, Keyrock said:

Alright, the jig is up, you got me.

1f1079fbd3ec7610d6186b170bfecbe1.gif

ย 

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfullyย it seems like the creatorsย like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Saint Arnold French Press

This is reminding me why I don't drink beer. It's not bad, in fact it's good, but it's no Black Yukon Sucker Punch.

• Like 1

After a looong day's work I stopped at a different and larger ABC Spirits that was only a little out of the way while going home. They did indeed have Lagavulin, but only the 16 year old variety and...

tenor.gif

I'm not about to spend THAT much on a bottle of booze. For a special occasion, sure, but not on a random Friday. I decided instead to take the smoky and peaty characteristics and push the dials to maximum, so I got a bottle of Laphroaig instead, which conveniently came with 2 lovely dram glasses.

coCdzOK.jpeg

The side benefit of being a Laphroaig drinker is that I can feign being sharing and generous without having to actually share any of my precious goodness that I lovingly refer to as "drinking a tire fire". Whenever I offer Laphroaig to people they typically make a disgusted face and decline, all according to plan.

rubbinghandstogether.gif

The one exception is my dad, who is one of the only other people that likes Laphroaig that I know. I'll happily share with my dad, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธRFK Jr 2024๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Post-Taxes Celebration Cigar & Scotch:

87EAWmC.jpeg

Who am I kidding, I was going to smoke this cigar and drink this delicious peaty goodness anyway.:lol:

• Like 3

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My latest batch of mead is done fermenting. This batch is definitely stronger than the last. I don't have a hydrometer, so my estimate is strictly going by how much of a buzz drinking a glass of mead gave me. I'd say I'm in fairly strong beer range, approximately 7% ABV is my guess. That's still short of my goal of weak wine strength around 9% ABV, but I'm getting closer. It's a bit harsh but definitely drinkable. My last batch mellowed out really nicely when it sat for a month and so I have 9 stopper bottles stashed away in a closet that are not getting touched until AT LEAST March.

I'll start my next batch fairly soon and will kick up the honey percentage slightly and give it an extra couple days to ferment in an effort to increase ABV.

Not alcohol, but I discovered this recently:

0MCjZKd.jpeg

It's a apple cider vinegar-based chili pepper drink and it's super delicious. Strong heat but it dissipates rather quickly leaving a mellow and rather pleasant heat lingering. It's great on its own (I take shots of it) but I bet it would be a great addition to a michelada or bloody mary.

Edit: I mixed it 25% vodka 75% agua chiltepin and it's quite good. It almost completely overpowers the vodka, the taste is nearly the same as drinking the agua chiltepin by itself, which is to say delicious.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not Irish, thus I am not wearing green nor drinking Guinness. I'll just say I started celebrating Saint Joseph's Day 2 days early.:shifty:

5IdENx4.jpeg

I have nothing against Guinness, mind you, I just generally prefer lagers.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

I decided to get adventurous. I'm fairly knowledgeable about Scotch, I certainly know what I like, but when it comes to Bourbon, I'm much less experienced in that department. I saw this bottle at my local ABC store that I had never seen before:

A55MBvv.jpeg

When I saw Washington State, I hesitated; I was confident that folks in Kentucky and Tennessee can make good Bourbon, but I was unsure about folks in the Pacific Northwest. I decided to try it anyway. I'm happy to report that the people of Washington State do indeed know how to make Bourbon. It's got a very woody flavor, it's got some spice, a little nutmeg maybe, and just the tiniest hint of vanilla. No sweetness initially, but a tiny bit of sweetness on the finish with a bit of caramel flavor. It goes down decently smooth but I was pleasantly surprised by how little it burned, given that it's 90 proof. This won't be replacing Dewar's 12 year old as my main whisky of choice, but I'll probably buy this again sometime. I might get this for my dad in the future, he's more of a Bourbon guy.

• 2 weeks later...

The Singleton 12 year old Speyside Scotch whisky. Remarkably easy drinking with a sweet-ish fruity flavor. I can definitely taste apples and toffee.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to do some baking (food thread post incoming? ๐Ÿค”), which is not something I do often. Anyway, I decided to kick this baking project up a notch with rum soaked raisins and so I soaked some raisins in Kraken Black Spiced Rum for roughly 48 hours. I strained the superfluous rum into a glass and, not wanting good alcohol to go to waste, drank said superfluous rum. Turns out, raisin flavored rum is super delicious! Surely someone has thought of this before. It's highly likely that someone out there produces and sells rum soaked raisins. Soaking raisins in rum isn't exactly difficult, but it does take time and never ever underestimate the power of laziness. So, those same people that produce and sell said rum soaked raisins should also sell the raisin flavored rum, on account of it being super delicious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I decided to do some baking (food thread post incoming? ๐Ÿค”), which is not something I do often. Anyway, I decided to kick this baking project up a notch with rum soaked raisins and so I soaked some raisins in Kraken Black Spiced Rum for roughly 48 hours. I strained the superfluous rum into a glass and, not wanting good alcohol to go to waste, drank said superfluous rum. Turns out, raisin flavored rum is super delicious! Surely someone has thought of this before. It's highly likely that someone out there produces and sells rum soaked raisins. Soaking raisins in rum isn't exactly difficult, but it does take time and never ever underestimate the power of laziness. So, those same people that produce and sell said rum soaked raisins should also sell the raisin flavored rum, on account of it being super delicious.

I highly recommend drinking any liquor from infused things like rum raisins. It's usually good and wasting alcohol is bad.

But now you've made me want something with rum raisins in it, stop trying to make me hungry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Keyrock said:

It's sort of a tradition in Sweden to buy boxes of chocolate for christmas to have the family munch from. One of the most divisive is the rum-raisin one, except in my family, because I end up eating them all ๐Ÿ˜

Summertime I tend to buy rum-raisin ice cream ๐Ÿคค

And no; We don't have any ketchup flavoured chocolate bits :p

Edited by Azdeus
  • Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

23 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

And no; We don't have any ketchup flavoured chocolate bits :p

The Brits beat you to it. I am not surprised.

• Gasp! 1

17 minutes ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

The Brits beat you to it. I am not surprised.

I am dissapointed :(