The New Drinking Thread

Amentep

I just had the worst stout ever. Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout. Terrible, horrible, awful. I guess if you love IPAs and are trying to branch out into stouts then maybe this'll be your speed but if this is your speed we can never drink together.

• Haha 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Negronis with Still Austin Gin. I haven't had anything with Campari in a long time and the bitter does take getting used to, but once you get used to it then it's a refreshing and relatively light sip.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Vesper Martini. Holy ****, this is strong.

• Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

• 5 weeks later...

I was in my local Food Lion the other day and I noticed some wines were on sale due to closeout. I guess they have different stock coming in and need to make room on the shelves. I decided to give this a try:

9wZKHk1.jpeg

It was so tasty that I was kinda sad that it was the last bottle on the shelf. Lo and behold, I stopped in that same store today on the way home and they must have had more in the back because the shelf was restocked. I bought all 6 bottles. If they restock the shelf again I'll clean them out again in a few days.

I don't know much about wine. A sommelier could take one sip of that wine, puke their guts out, and tell me it's raw sewage. I just know what I like and that's some delicious wine right there.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 4 weeks later...

What better way to celebrate America's independence than by drinking Mexican cerveza out of a German stein?

EnyPRri.jpeg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Picked this up today:

MB5x4ue.jpeg

I don't know if this is a new brand, but I've never seen this before and Scotch is my liquor of choice. Anyway, I was looking for a blend and all of the Dewars and Johnny was cleaned out, so I decided to give this a shot. Pretty good, sweeter than I expect from a Scotch whisky. There's a very strong honey taste and a hint of vanilla. Goes down relatively smooth, warms you up, but doesn't really burn.

Looks like my delivery for tomorrow got pushed back to next week, leaving me with a day off. The good news is that I have a minimum weekly guarantee, so even on a light week my paycheck is still decent. So long as I don't hear from my terminal manager that the delivery is back on in the next hour or two, I may just drink 2 or 3 glasses, rather than only the 1 I'm sipping on now.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I think I've reached a point where IPA's are no longer good for me. I mean, I think I've known this for awhile, but I just spent a week in Vegas drinking mixed drinks and didn't have amy of the stomach issues I typically have. I know IPA's are gut bombs, but I still tend to drink a few a week with friends or with dinner. 

So if they are off the menu, I gotta decide what type of booze hound I will become. Bourbon? Rum? Tequila?

1 hour ago, Hurlsnot said:

I think I've reached a point where IPA's are no longer good for me. I mean, I think I've known this for awhile, but I just spent a week in Vegas drinking mixed drinks and didn't have amy of the stomach issues I typically have. I know IPA's are gut bombs, but I still tend to drink a few a week with friends or with dinner. 

So if they are off the menu, I gotta decide what type of booze hound I will become. Bourbon? Rum? Tequila?

Cognac.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

Scotch.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

8 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

IPAs aren't good at all - for anyone. :p /SCNR

Anyway, the answer is Gin and Tonic. Not only is it classy, it's also a baffling drink combining two otherwise disgusting ingredients into a an explosion of taste. Plus it shimmers blue under blacklight. Can't beat that. :yes:

• Like 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

5 hours ago, majestic said:

IPAs aren't good at all - for anyone. :p /SCNR

Anyway, the answer is Gin and Tonic. Not only is it classy, it's also a baffling drink combining two otherwise disgusting ingredients into a an explosion of taste. Plus it shimmers blue under blacklight. Can't beat that. :yes:

I don't drink beer much, but when I do, I prefer to avoid IPAs. Only the American light beers have been worse for me.

• Like 1

When it comes to beer I'm a lager guy. I especially like dunkel (dark lager). I'll drink a stout or IPA once in blue moon, but I mainly stick with lagers.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Speaking of beer, I just visited my local Polish store and acquired this bounty of Polish and Czech goodness:

v3DrUZK.jpeg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm currently drinking the middle bottle in the above picture. It's a pear cider and quite delicious. I like that it's not too sweet, I hate overly sweet ciders. This has just a little bit of sweetness followed by a bit of bite not unlike ginger ale or kombucha (nowhere near as strong a bite as kombucha).

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm a little disappointed that my local Polish store hasn't had Perła Chmielowa the last 2 times I went there. I've had to settle for Perła Export, which is good, but not as good. Perła translates to pearl, in case you're curious, and chmiel translates to hops, which is appropriate given how hoppy that variety of beer is. I'll have to ask them next visit if they can get Perła Chmielowa in.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 7/15/2022 at 8:06 PM, Hurlsnot said:

As some others have mentioned, can't the alternative be some other type of beer?

I myself drink beer almost exclusively. But I don't care for IPAs at all. I prefer the darker varieties, on both the ale and lager sides, but the bottom line is that both ales and lagers have a pretty wide range of options. :)

1 hour ago, kanisatha said:

As some others have mentioned, can't the alternative be some other type of beer?

Yeah, dunno, I suppose since he actually likes IPAs and has a bunch of allergies, drinking actual beer might cause the similar issues or it might not be to his 'taste'. :p:yes:

1 hour ago, kanisatha said:

I myself drink beer almost exclusively. But I don't care for IPAs at all. I prefer the darker varieties, on both the ale and lager sides, but the bottom line is that both ales and lagers have a pretty wide range of options. :)

I'll second the recommendation for the Hirter Morchl. I have no idea how easy it is to get in the US, but it is a quality (Bohemian style) dark lager from a smaller, privately owned brewery that is noticably different from the otherwise often overly sweet darker, malty beers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

2 hours ago, majestic said:

Yeah, dunno, I suppose since he actually likes IPAs and has a bunch of allergies, drinking actual beer might cause the similar issues or it might not be to his 'taste'. :p:yes:

Health issues being the problem here are of course something I'm not aware of. And if that's the case that would truly suck. I can't imagine not being able to drink a beer ever again. 😧