Game X at E3?

If they make KotOR II, I bet we see that in next E3. But if they make some original game, this years E3 is probably too soon for that project. It might take next +3 years to develop. Too much hype too early is very BAD.

Very few games take 3+ years to develop. Projects that take that long are only undertaken by studio houses that have already made a name for themselves. It is doubtful that Obsidian will have that kind of leeway with their first project.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

Well I'm not sure about this but did OE ever say they'll announce their game shortly after the forums go online? Can't remember this... If Obsidian is making a game (engine) from scratch it's certainly too early to show something at E3, unless they use an existing engine (Kotor2 ?) for it.

What I recall is being told that they wouldn't put the boards up until they had something to announce - of course that doesn't mean they will, it just means that they have enough to say something. :D