Patch 0.1.1 will be Released Soon

Hello everyone!

We are preparing to push out patch 0.1.1 within a day or two, so be on the lookout as this update includes some changes and fixes that will enhance your gameplay. When it is fully released, you will be prompted to update your game before playing.

Changes/fixes that you will see made to the game:

MAJOR ISSUES

• Made changes to make finding, joining, and hosting games with friends more reliable.
  • We adjusted the handling of joining game failure (the game is full, the game no longer exists, etc.).
  • Added a way to allow players to resolve the issue of the game logging the player into the wrong Xbox Live account on PC.
  • Fixed issues with Windows 7 and Windows 8 users crashing when attempting to login. Those users should be able to load into the game after updating.
  • Fixed crash when saving or loading and the "Autosave Count" number in the options is set to 0.
  • We have implemented a fix for players who were getting stuck on the welcome popup screen and unable to move past it.
  • Fixed characters not being saved occasionally in save games. NOT RETROACTIVE: Unfortunately we are not able to bring back lost items, but hopefully this fix will prevent this from occurring in the future. If you still experience this after the update, please contact us directly at support@obsidian.net so we can gather information to continue our investigation.

GAME

• Players will no longer be permanently stuck in spider webs after destroying them.
  • Fixed BURG.L disappearing in some games if you attacked him and saved and loaded. RETROACTIVE: BURG.L will appear in the games he disappeared from, allowing players to interact with him again.
  • Restoring save games that have lost progression state (ex. Oak Tree Lab doors no longer opening for players, Mysterious Machine not allowing players to hit buttons to finish the quest, time being frozen, etc.) RETROACTIVE: After updating the game, players should be able to load into their game and continue to progress. Should this issue happen again, logging out of the save and then loading back in should resolve the issue and allow you to continue playing.
  • Fixed an issue with endless larva spawning over time. Larva were also spawning each time a spike trap was built. This update will not remove the larva that has already spawned into games, but the larva respawn rate has been fixed.
  • Fixed issue where all item durability in your inventory incorrectly shows "full" when loading back into a game as a client.
  • We implemented a fix for an issue where games that were saved before Raw Science started spawning prevented Raw Science from appearing later. It also included an update for a problem with Raw Science spawning after analyzing and having additional players collecting it on join. Due to this, players may notice that the starting Raw Science they previously collected has respawned.
  • Fixed crashes when loading a saved game dealing with ant colonies.
  • Removed kill Mosquito Burg.L quest NOT RETROACTIVE: Players will need to speak with BURG.L to abandon this quest. Then, during the next in-game day, you will be able to talk to BURG.L again to accept a new quest.
  • Fixed spider webs not freeing stuck players when destroyed
  • Found the cause behind the issue where attempting to cook/dry an item slot with no item in it would crash the game.
  • Found a fix for the occasional crash caused by dew drops that have items stuck in them. It also included a fix for dew drops exploding and causing a major FPS drops on clients.
  • Fixed issue where clients dragging items from one slot in a storage basket to another would not reflect on the host causing item desync.
  • Disabled storage baskets and smoothie stations from being able to be interacted with by multiple players at the same time until other desync issues we are working on are resolved.
  • Block Tutorial now only plays once.
  • Tuned Wolf Spider hearing and investigation AI to creep on the player less frequently.

UI

• UI changes made to the SCA.B OS screen.
  • Fixed trail markers not showing up on the map, and an additional fix added to prevent the game crashing if you tried to navigate them in the legend.
  • Reduced screen edge shimmer on Xbox One and Xbox One S under load.

Thank you for your reports and your continued support while we further develop the game! We are working to push out updates to enhance your gaming experience continually.

If you continue to encounter any of these issues after updating the game or stumble across a new issue, please reach out to us directly at support@obsidian.net for a quicker response, or search the forums here to find a thread with your issue in it to add to that thread.. When you contact us, please include the following:

1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam).
2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you let us know how many players in total in the game, and their platforms if you know this)
3. Description of issue.
4. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable

Thank you again, and have fun out in the backyard!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Shyla pinned this topic

Hello Tom!

I know there are some issues with things not respawning due to the freezing time issue, so I'm not sure if that is the case in your game.  There is also the issue of tier 2 weeds not respawning properly.  Clay, Dandelions, Grass, and Quartzite should all respawn after 72 hours pass and then sleeping at a lean-to, but the Quartzite at the mite cave will not respawn.

Sorry for a lack of presence on the forums as we are very short handed and are trying to get more help here soon.  If you have any issues to report or feedback to provide, please let us know at support@obsidian.net as we will likely get to that sooner.

Thanks for the awesome question Tom!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

cool! excited for new patch :) ive been having problems since release clicking the multiplayer tab on xbox, it keeps saying sign in with your xbox live account hopefully this gets fixed during this patch 😛 wink wink 

Edited by Ne5u

Will this update deal with the sience points in SP? I just recently learned in video's that you get points in the lab, at the lamp en other places. These point did not spawn by others and myself...

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/115735-raw-science-points-not-spawning/

I am on PC. i havent tried the 'fix', but i am hoping you fixed it.

Love the game by the way!! 

22 minutes ago, Whitelightning said:

Update is now Iive. Thank you devs, you are amazing, keep up the great work!!!!

Omg yes!! I need to get home so I can download it. Thank you.

Thanks so much for the update! I have a question regarding the larva spawn rate issue. Seeing as how I've already spent countless hours building my fort/mansion, what's the best solution aside from starting a new game? If I'm able to kill the larva over time, will that be enough to solve the issue?

UPDATE: I had so many larva accumulated over time in my game that there were areas completely unplayable because if they were even near the vicinity, my game would freeze or crash. I'd hoped this new hotfix to the larva spawn would deal with the large hordes of larva already present in my game. Unfortunately it did not... HOWEVER, I managed to kill all the larva and so far the game is running much smoother.

MY METHOD: I crafted as many bombs as possible once I discovered that they will one-shot a larva. Once I had around 15+ bombs, I turned every single graphic setting as low as possible. I slowly entered the quartzite cave where they dwell and painstakingly made my way forward 1 frame at a time. When I could see some of the horde of larva in the cave, I started throwing bombs. My game literally only rendered like 1 frame per 10 seconds, but it slowly improved as more died. Eventually (maybe 10-15 minutes later), all larva were exterminated and my game FINALLY RETURNED TO NORMAL. I hope this helps any who read it!

Edited by Colslaughter

Please include a fix for the game controllers to not respond on PC. It so annoying that you force to switch back and forth between mouse and keyboard and gamepad during gameplay. It works ok but when you enter to save. the controller will allow you to save but to exit with pushing the B button it won't exit. Cause of that the crafting. inventory the controller don't work again. Also the game controller don't work while your viewing your storage. I do a video here to show you guys what I mean. 

After the patch:

It takes 10 min to spawn when selecting START in the multiplayer lobby. ( hosting ).

My wife cant join me anylonger. When she seems to have the luck to do so, it takes around 1 min before she even can move. When she starts to play, her game crashes after 5 min. Sometimes she spawns falling through the ground. 

We have tried at least 30 times to play and reconnect. Sorry to say with no progress. 

( bad ping also an issue. We share 100/100 fiber)

Thank u

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 9:42 AM, SChin said:

but the Quartzite at the mite cave will not respawn.

Why!

It should re-spawn, it is an essential early resource for repairing and either the developers make the resources to repair a few items of what it costs to make it, or they make it so it is fairly easy to get. A player should always have the ability to repair something, no matter how late or early into their progression they are.

I hope you guys change your mind on this, because I see major complaints about this down the road.

1 hour ago, CyberAngel said:

Why!

It should re-spawn, it is an essential early resource for repairing and either the developers make the resources to repair a few items of what it costs to make it, or they make it so it is fairly easy to get. A player should always have the ability to repair something, no matter how late or early into their progression they are.

I hope you guys change your mind on this, because I see major complaints about this down the road.

I have a post called "Dew Collectors Not working" and everyone is talking about how literally nothing respawns. Acorns, dew, mushrooms, petals, webs, quartzite, juice box dew, leaf dew, essentially if it has a respawn, it wont respawn. Ever.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/6/2020 at 7:42 PM, SChin said:

Hello Tom!

I know there are some issues with things not respawning due to the freezing time issue, so I'm not sure if that is the case in your game.  There is also the issue of tier 2 weeds not respawning properly.  Clay, Dandelions, Grass, and Quartzite should all respawn after 72 hours pass and then sleeping at a lean-to, but the Quartzite at the mite cave will not respawn.

Sorry for a lack of presence on the forums as we are very short handed and are trying to get more help here soon.  If you have any issues to report or feedback to provide, please let us know at support@obsidian.net as we will likely get to that sooner.

Thanks for the awesome question Tom!

Nothing is respawning for a lot of people, with time not being frozen. Resources are no longer respawning, dew collectors not working, mushroom farms not working, soda can dew not respawning, acorns not respawning, quartzite not respawning. Most things with a respawn are not respawning. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, RobbySaturn said:

I have a post called "Dew Collectors Not working" and everyone is talking about how literally nothing respawns. Acorns, dew, mushrooms, petals, webs, quartzite, juice box dew, leaf dew, essentially if it has a respawn, it wont respawn. Ever.

I was referring to his comment about how Quartzite doesn't re-spawn in the mite cave.

18 hours ago, Ins3rT C0inS said:

After the patch:

It takes 10 min to spawn when selecting START in the multiplayer lobby. ( hosting ).

My wife cant join me anylonger. When she seems to have the luck to do so, it takes around 1 min before she even can move. When she starts to play, her game crashes after 5 min. Sometimes she spawns falling through the ground. 

We have tried at least 30 times to play and reconnect. Sorry to say with no progress. 

( bad ping also an issue. We share 100/100 fiber)

Thank u

I cant even host a mulitplayer game anymore. My game just freezes and it freaks out my xbox. I have to hard restart it to even load up another game. I can join other online games, just cant host mine anymore. Any solutions from anybody? Or has anybody else experienced this too?

11 hours ago, CyberAngel said:

Why!

There`s 4 quarthz rocks on Larva cave (Spade Gulch) safe to take during day (2 on each entrance) that respawn.

Edited by SHavi Eagle

Unfortunately I am still having the massive spawn of larva in the game. There seems to be about 50+ larva all concentrated in one area causing slow down to my game. Also experience the resources not respawning like the water and mushrooms. Weeds are also affected along with most other things. This breaks the game and is very discouraging to continue playing it. 😔

Please fix this problem as soon as possible because I really do enjoy this game and want to continue playing it. But I can't like this. 

I am on Xbox. I wasn't experiencing any notable issues before today. The last time I played was probably Thursday afternoon. When I tried playing tonight, it seems that all resource generating items are no longer generating resources in my game. They were working just fine Thursday afternoon. Now however, dew collectors won't produce dew, mushroom farms won't produce mushrooms, etc. This is true of both ones that were already built in-game and ones I build new now. Right now none of the game items that let you generate resources are working for me which really destroys the fun factor for me. It was fine in the early going having to hunt for dew drops and fill up at every cluster of mushrooms I found. I got past that stage of the game and I was really starting to enjoy the base building. I can't do much base-building if I have to go back to spending half the day foraging around to find some clean water to drink. 

Since 1.1 my dew collector has stopped working and I haven't found any dew on leaves or grass blades.  I've also did my first dive into an ant hill that should have eggs and have found no eggs at all. 

• Sad 1

Please wait for the developers to repair the bugs and crashes, until then, you have ponds to drink water and flys to kill or worms, or fleeas you got a good amount of hunger replenished after eating a piece of meat... drink up water from the pond tu full , eat a piece of roast meat, and done, the sap is respawning normaly the grass to, so you be able to make bandages, and from the grasses you will be able to make green machine juice... so the game it is still playable, abandon all quests, and play for fun. DONT FORGET IT IS AN EARLY GAME. thanx and have fun 

I am playing on Xbox One X and downloaded this update. I started a new game with Max as my player after installing update. The issues I see about no respawning of items do not seem to be happening on my current game. I have dew, mushrooms, soda, juice and everything else spawning back at appropriate times.  I just wanted to let the developers know at least for my platform, things are going okay except for the usual bugs and stuff. I don't know if everyone is using a save from before or starting new but just throwing it out there.  Also save files are not disapearing on me as well.  This is not to poke fun at those who have issues and I do hope they get resolved soon.