The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon is launching September 9th

The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon is the first narrative expansion to the critically-acclaimed and award-winning sci-fi RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division.

A severed arm and a mysterious message lead the crew of the Unreliable to the Gorgon Asteroid, formerly the site of one of Halcyon’s most ambitious and disastrous scientific undertakings, now a lawless den of monsters and marauders. Wealthy recluse Minnie Ambrose tasks the crew with finding answers about Dr. Olivia Ambrose, her mother and the doomed project’s disgraced director, but they are soon ensnared in an intrigue that will change the colony forever.

Key Features:

• Intrigue and danger: Search an abandoned Spacer’s Choice facility and encounter a cast of new characters as you uncover the mystery behind the sudden cancellation of the Gorgon Project.
  • New locations: Explore the treacherous canyons of the Gorgon Asteroid and encounter enemies that have been warped by science.
  • More science weapons: Discover three outlandish new science weapons, including the P.E.T. (Pest Extermination Tool), an exciting new melee weapon that draws in enemies for close-range attacks.
  • Expanded character customization and lore: An increased level cap, additional perks and flaws, wholly new armor sets, and several variants for existing gear. Plus, dig into the story of the Gorgon Asteroid with new Portable Phonograph audio logs that reveal the salacious secrets of a scientific experiment gone wrong.

The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon is the first of two narrative expansions that can be purchased individually or bundled at a discount in The Outer Worlds Expansion Pass. A copy of The Outer Worlds on the same platform is required to play expansion(s).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

• Shyla pinned this topic
4 hours ago, Shyla said:

The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon is the first narrative expansion to the critically-acclaimed and award-winning sci-fi RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division.

More coming. Excellent. Looking forward to picking it all up once it's out on steam or gog 🙂 

Edit: If it weren't confusing enough 🤣

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Merzhinhudour said:

Such great news, I just hope the DLC takes place after main story and we'll be able to play it after main game plot, instead of "interrupting" main quest to go explore the new asteroid.

Doubt it.  Too much change after the ending.  Unless they write in new dialog for all the NPCs to acknowledge what happened .. I'd prefer they spend that time on a new story

2 hours ago, kanisatha said:

Same here. Looking forward to trying it, but only once it is available on Steam. The EGS exclusivity left a bad taste for me.

I played through it on launch via Game Pass. DLCs will be a good excuse for a replay and to actually buy it.

On 7/23/2020 at 4:09 PM, Merzhinhudour said:

Such great news, I just hope the DLC takes place after main story and we'll be able to play it after main game plot, instead of "interrupting" main quest to go explore the new asteroid.

Outer Worlds has been beaten in 12 minutes

It can use all the interruptions it can get. 

Obviously you'll be able to load the save of no return. Continuing after the ending would make zero contextual sense and/or outright impossible

• 2 weeks later...

Will this come as part of Game Pass, or will it need to be purchased separately?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed Epic and got the following response.

Hello there dear player,

Thank you for contacting us. My name is Sierra and I will be assisting with your situation today.

I would love to help out and answer your question, however, at the current time we do not have official information on the Outer Worlds DLS and we cannot answer your question at the given time. If you want to stay updated on all the new things that make it into our Epic store you can follow our official social media here:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/EpicGames

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Qk8mWBwtMyEj7iQQYRk1A

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/epicgames/

If you have any further questions or issues never hesitate to contact us again, our customer support team is always here for you and our awesome community,

Regards,

Sierra Victor

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Doctor Atomic said:

I emailed Epic and got the following response.

Hello there dear player,

Thank you for contacting us. My name is Sierra and I will be assisting with your situation today.

I would love to help out and answer your question, however, at the current time we do not have official information on the Outer Worlds DLS and we cannot answer your question at the given time. If you want to stay updated on all the new things that make it into our Epic store you can follow our official social media here:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/EpicGames

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Qk8mWBwtMyEj7iQQYRk1A

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/epicgames/

If you have any further questions or issues never hesitate to contact us again, our customer support team is always here for you and our awesome community,

Regards,

Sierra Victor

So it sounds like no one told Epic.  lol.  Wonder who dropped the ball?  Someone from Obsidian or Epic.  Frustrating.

1 hour ago, skempo said:

So it sounds like no one told Epic.  lol.  Wonder who dropped the ball?  Someone from Obsidian or Epic.  Frustrating.

Epic released DLC early, which all this on their fault. The rep has to say that, cause they dont know. Dont want to look bad.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...