Request: Add (optional) survial mode to any difficulty.

Hi

I like the game but it would be even better if these survival restrictions (like food
 drink sleep) could be available for lower difficulties as well.
Survival has got nothing to do with difficulty, imo there's no reason to lock it behind the highest difficulty.
- Spacehamster

• Like 2

It's a pretty reasonable and consistent request IMO, we have reason to hope that the game has decoupled survival elements from supernova in the future. Right now they are the worst sort of "keep bars full" micromanagement where thirst and hunger build at similar rates and you can't ever slake thirst more or less effectively or do more than top off the bars and wait for debuffs.

I'd much rather have a system where I gained some tangible benefits from being well fed and keeping my thirst slaked before I became ravenous and dehydrated enough that I display obvious physical symptoms. YMMV, but the current system is a bit lacking in terms of what it brings to the game. As such I can understand not wanting to extend the offer to everyone.

6 hours ago, Clawdius_Talonious said:

It's a pretty reasonable and consistent request IMO, we have reason to hope that the game has decoupled survival elements from supernova in the future. Right now they are the worst sort of "keep bars full" micromanagement where thirst and hunger build at similar rates and you can't ever slake thirst more or less effectively or do more than top off the bars and wait for debuffs.

I'd much rather have a system where I gained some tangible benefits from being well fed and keeping my thirst slaked before I became ravenous and dehydrated enough that I display obvious physical symptoms. YMMV, but the current system is a bit lacking in terms of what it brings to the game. As such I can understand not wanting to extend the offer to everyone.

I liked the system ESO has where there was no penalty for hunger/thirst but if you ate or drank it buffed your character up a significant amount combine that with the crafting system to make the food it is one of the things I think that game did very well.

To the OP I agree with you but this has been discussed in other threads quite a bit.

That's how New Vegas did it. That said, as I am playing on hard right now, I don't see the appeal of this system. Food, drink and beds are too plentiful, maps are too small and carrying weight too generous to support proper "survival mode".

Still making it a seperate toggle would be welcome.

5 hours ago, Wormerine said:

That's how New Vegas did it. That said, as I am playing on hard right now, I don't see the appeal of this system. Food, drink and beds are too plentiful, maps are too small and carrying weight too generous to support proper "survival mode".

Still making it a seperate toggle would be welcome.

NV did have a good food system but I honestly didn't pursue it to much of course I never played on a high level of difficulty so might have more of a motivation to utilize it if I had.

Difficulty is tied to “survival” and basic needs in this game.

And i like it.

Though, i want MORE “survival” and i want it MORE difficult: limited inventory, severe weight restrictions, severe looting restrictions, increased negative consequences, limited food, limited wealth, limited availability, limited loot, limited resources, zero handholding, etc..

I completely agree with this, I love survival but don't care for high difficulties and restrictions on sleeping location, in fact I believe it's completely aberrant in a survival situation not to be able to sleep in the wild when you need it.

So a separate survival mode that can be activated in any game difficulty would be awesome.