Anyone Else Replaying Fallout: New Vegas?

In an effort to stave off some of my hype hysteria for TOW, I just restarted FNV and am replaying it for the first time since it was released nearly 10 years ago.

Anyone else following suit? If not, what are you playing in the meantime?

"Too much of the animal disfigures the civilized human being, too much culture makes a sick animal."

I've also heard a lot of chatter on reddit about FNV runs in anticipation for TOW.  For whatever reason, a lot of players are making a connection between the two games that the developers have implied isn't really there.  If anything, TOW seems to be channeling FO1/FO2 satire than the SRS BZNS (but excellent plot) found in New Vegas.

I guess the good news is that there is plenty of great games keep anyone occupied in the meantime.  Personally, I'm running a little behind on things, so I've got plenty of Fire Emblem or Control to tide me over.

So...I'm actually replaying Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines in preparation for TOW. That was the last time Tim and Leonard worked together, right?

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

New Vegas is a great game.  One of my favorites.  However, I've just recently started playing Pillars 2:  Deadfire.  It's a wonderful game so far.  I just started doing quests in Neketaka.  I can't believe I didn't start this game sooner.  It's splendid!

"Not for the sake of much time..."

16 hours ago, the_ragnarokkr said:

Anyone else following suit? If not, what are you playing in the meantime?

Wizardry 8.

It's actually a very different type of game from what I think The Outer Worlds will be, but it has the distinction of being my co-favourite RPG with a game that I am hoping The Outer Worlds bears some similarities to: Alpha Protocol.

I had a pretty completionist 300H run of New Vegas years ago (But i never finish games). I liked it after being so bored by Fallout 3. The hardcore mod became an instant must for me. It's been years now that i've wanted to play New Vegas again. But at some point i failed a big mod install (like 30 mods. While Skyrim requires 70 to be remotely interesting for me), and always felt too lazy to do it again from scratch... Otherwise, it would be one of the games i would never uninstall, along with Fallout 1 and 2, Baldur's Gate, Dune 1 and 2, Wasteland 2, Civ, and stuff like that. Other than that, i believe the only game i played during the past year or so is probably Wasteland 2 Director's Cut. Since i can spend 6 or 10 months without playing any game, it's probably normal. But i had some incentive to play Pathfinder and Phoenix Point. I will, one day.

New Vegas is certainly a good idea.

Edited by Abel
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

despite what my steam profile says, i did end NV with all possible outcomes, but it is not reflected because i was running it with anarchy arcade and FOMOD:

1st run: Me playing myself, 1 int independent king

2nd run: Mr house with a daughter of ares

3rd run: a capitalist scumbag that sided with the Van Graffs and NCR

4th run: Feast of kings with a woman leading the legion

No spoiler with the "middle of the way" choices for those who are replaying the entire story

• 2 weeks later...