1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Ever tried to use Aefyllath Ues Mith Fyr with Tekehu? ;) 

I modded that 🙂 

But fun fact is that Tekehu is immune to Overwhelming wave anyway. So in case you have another druid, you can still send Overwhelming Wave through Tekehu without risk.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 7:26 AM, Testlum said:

The simplest way to fix this seems to be to set identical stats for non-Monastic / Monastic / Monk fists, then offload the buffs onto the Monastic Training / Transcendent Suffering abilities, since you can set a base value bonus for damage/accuracy/penetration that applies without accounting for PL. That way both PC and NPC monks will have the same stats for their fists.

Yeah, that's a better idea indeed. I will set base fist with 14-19 crush damages PEN 0 and let Transcendant Suffering and Monatsic Training adds 1+7 PEN at level 1.

Edited by Elric Galad

Don't forget, Tuotillo's Palm will also inherit the Monk / Monastic buffs so you may have to change that as well.

Personally I would go the route of modding the base damage to be lower and having a larger level 0 buff to damage% so that it isn't optimal to simply whack things with your fists from level 0.

Edited by Testlum

6 minutes ago, Testlum said:

Don't forget, Tuotillo's Palm will also inherit the Monk / Monastic buffs so you may have to change that as well.

Yeah, Tuotillo's Palm, Long Pain and FF Ability too (with CP only I think). I will ctrl + F the Transcendant Suffering KW.

Edited by Elric Galad

5 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

A possible application that I haven't checked yet is to use Moonwell to negate Sacred Immolation, Divine Immolation and BPM Sacred Sacrifice self-damages since they are hostile fire keyworded statuses. 

Ney, this part doesn't work (maybe better this way).

On 4/2/2022 at 7:26 AM, Testlum said:

The simplest way to fix this seems to be to set identical stats for non-Monastic / Monastic / Monk fists, then offload the buffs onto the Monastic Training / Transcendent Suffering abilities, since you can set a base value bonus for damage/accuracy/penetration that applies without accounting for PL. That way both PC and NPC monks will have the same stats for their fists.

I tried, but it seems that actual Monk Unarmed attack can't be edited. Tell me if you want to try by yourself and manage to make it work.

So I'll go back to my previous solution.

Hmmm, I already made it work for my own personal mod, but I also changed it so that the damage/accuracy/penetration now scales with character level instead of PL.

All fists now deal 10-14 base damage. Monks will get +35% Damage, +4 Penetration and +1 Penetration at level 1, while UMT will only give +20% Damage at level 1.  

gn_fists.gamedatabundle

That seems like a big nerf for monks and monk+rogue multiclass especially.

Might I suggest giving untrained fists very low pen but high base damage (i.e. 14-19 base damage same as what monks have right now but maybe only 4-5 pen) and have the first level of Transcendent Suffering or UMT give large amounts of penetration to compensate (in this case +4 pen to unarmed attacks).

Edited by NotDumbEnough
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NotDumbEnough said:

Might I suggest giving untrained fists very low pen but high base damage (i.e. 14-19 base damage same as what monks have right now but maybe only 4-5 pen) and have the first level of Transcendent Suffering or UMT give large amounts of penetration to compensate (in this case +4 pen to unarmed attacks).

This seems like an elegant solution. Fists can do serious damage, but do lack PEN, which is why unarmed attacks aren't very effective against armored foes.

1 hour ago, dgray62 said:

This seems like an elegant solution. Fists can do serious damage, but do lack PEN, which is why unarmed attacks aren't very effective against armored foes.

Yeah, untrained fists as monk fists but at Penetration 0, that's what I plan. I'm mefiant about haymaker modal. Slapping people should work only vs clothes (and even then, not much)

Thanks @Testlum I have spotted what was wrong in my implementation. Missed an occurence of fists that happened to be the one behind monk fists.

I should not have tried programming it while keeping my one year old 😉

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 2

Twin Stones : does that spell even work ?

Apart for the weird theoritical effect, I remarked that I was simply unable to cast it. It displayed a random number of Projectiles, but I wasn't even able to aim something to cast it.

I haven't modded that.

Maybe the game got lost after casting another projectile spells (stag's horn).

1 hour ago, NotDumbEnough said:

It should look like Chanter's Two Fingers of Daylight. A line spell with two lines.

The spell work like that, two lines (like cipher's Mind Lance) that proc an explosion when hurting a wall or something else that is solid surface. Explosions are "new but same" spells, I say that because I tested it for Least Unstable Coil topic. 

So unlike Stag's Horn that cause damages and penalty to the first target in the spell's path, Twin Stones can hit everyone in the double path and potentially can ending in a little explosion. Damages are lowest than Stag's Horn and the spell is slowest too, and both are not foe-only, so Twin Stones can be hard to manage in a mixed melee situation in my experience.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

The spell work like that, two lines (like cipher's Mind Lance) that proc an explosion when hurting a wall or something else that is solid surface. Explosions are "new but same" spells, I say that because I tested it for Least Unstable Coil topic. 

So unlike Stag's Horn that cause damages and penalty to the first target in the spell's path, Twin Stones can hit everyone in the double path and potentially can ending in a little explosion. Damages are lowest than Stag's Horn and the spell is slowest too, and both are not foe-only, so Twin Stones can be hard to manage in a mixed melee situation in my experience.

I tried to proc the secondary explosions on a building, but I never got it working.

And I had actual bugs too. It seems weird to hear that it works fine elsewhere.

I'm thinking about modding it so the explosion proc on the first target Hit. The spell is barely worth using and certainly not worth picking as it is now.

• Like 1

Here's an oddity I just discovered, just checked community patch and bpm to make sure it hasn't already been noticed.

The giant beasts that are part of the Sakuya questline do not seem to have a creature type. Hunter's Claw does not get any stacks from attacking them!

this blurry screencap is trying to draw attention to the fact that my character has successfully landed a hunter's claw attack (six of them, in fact) and no buff is showing up

huhjp.thumb.jpg.d93d5a081a362c914e482f23e4a65918.jpg

edit: doing this again to verify, these bears don't have any galawain's buff on them (i have galawain's challenge enabled), whereas some other giant beasts do. so they truly aren't being treated as beasts by the game.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, NotDumbEnough said:

Companion's Prelude from Sasha's Singing Scimitar apparently works even if it is in your personal inventory.

I just tested this with Shocking Prelude for buffing the wielder and it doesn't work. Not in personal inventory, not if in one of the weapon slots but not in use. Seems to be only about Companion's Prelude. I don't know if it works only with Companion's Prelude or if it could work with other aura-based weapon abilities or "do XYZ to allies in 5m radius" weapon abilities, more specifically.

EDIT: Defensive Bulwark from Shining Beacon doesn't work when in personal inventory. I don't think I'm going to do more testing :).

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 1

Something I noted was that in a combat after this I heard a chanter voice line in a voice that was not Pallegina's (it was a combat in the same crypt, so not a chanter enemy). Maybe I misheard, but maybe the implementation for Companion's Prelude is hacky and involves having an invisible NPC follow you to provide the aura or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

21 hours ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

If you wield Sun & Moon with nothing in your left hand and launch any melee attack, the +12 ACC bonus of going one-handed only applies to the second head roll, not to the first. I am playing with CP and latest BPM.

speaking of sun & moon issues, most of the time I dual-wield sun & moon and use hunter's claw i get 2 stacks of hunter's claw, as might be reasonably expected from that. rarely though, i end up getting 3 stacks of hunter's claw, two from the sun & moon, and one from the off-hand weapon. i don't know why this happens and haven't yet been able to correlate it with anything. it'd be some nice subtle cheese if there was a consistent way to game it to get 3.

• Like 2