[4.0] Druid stag carnage is surely buggy

thelee

Question

With Deadfire likely hitting end of life soon, I think this really needs to be looked at.

Since release, the druid stag form has a "carnage" ability. However it is nothing like the barbarian carnage, or even PoE1 stag carnage.

It is a once/encounter ability that attacks once and does a piddling amount of aoe damage on a hit.

By contrast a barbarian carnage (in PoE1 and Deadfire) is an always-active ability that triggers on any melee hit. By contrast a PoE1 stag carnage was an ability you used once/encounter to activate an always-active ability that triggered on any melee hit for a short duration.

Meanwhile, Deadfire's stag carnage is a single use carnage attack. That's it. No persistent effect. You get one extra attack that does a piddling amount of aoe damage.

Surely this is a buggy implementation, because this is so woefully underpowered compared to other druid forms that I can't even.

3 answers to this question

Been wondering since the beta days, though I haven't quite bothered with it because I'm always using the Cat form anyway.

Rightfully pointed out; hope it can get looked at.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hey folks!

I put in a report for the Systems team to take a look at and see if they want to do something with it.  Per usual, I linked this thread to the report, so if you've any more to report about this, please continue to post it as they'll be looking at this for reference.

Thanks again for all the help to make Deadfire even better!

• Like 1