Seeker, Slayer, Survivor Wallpapers
Patch 2.1 will be available on September 11th! It's currently on the Beta Branch, and Josh Sawyer would welcome any feedback you might have for the God Challenges below:
- Abydon - The god of the forge is ready to challenge you with forged items you carry. The more you use weapons and armor, the more they will wear down and become "Damaged". This modifier will make them progressively worse and eventually destroy them unless the mods are removed through Enchantments. Choose the items you will wear into battle wisely!
- Skaen - With Skaen's challenge, when indoors or at night, fog of war encroaches more. Torches and lanterns can partially offset the additional fog of war, but only a little.
Next month, we'll be bringing our first Mega Boss, Belranga, to Deadfire. This poison-dripping monstrosity is only for the highest leveled players and will test your party's mettle to new heights. We'll have more information on Belranga and her ravenous brood in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!
Tales from the Deadfire
Narrative Designer Paul Kirsch wrote a few preludes (including a choose your own adventure story!) to the Beast of Winter - you can check them out on our media page, or directly through the links below.
Our Deadfire DLC team went to PAX this year! Check out their panel as they discuss how they created Vatnir from thought, to paper, to playable character. Take a look at PAX's highlight on Twitch.tv to see just how the poor godlike came to be.
Game directors Josh Sawyer and Brandon Adler were also at Gamescom this year, where they talked about DLC's, upcoming updates, and other inscrutable insights available only to directors. Check them out below.
- Expansive DLC interview with Brandon Adler
- PCGamesN Interview with Josh Sawyer
- PCGamesN Interview with Brandon Adler
- RPG France Interview with Brandon Adler
Thank you again for your continued support! If you have any issues with the game, contact us through our support portal to help you on your journey.
The Deadfire team
Reach out to us on our various social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or here on our forums) and let us know your comments, your critiques, and what you love about the game.
Did you miss our last update? Check it out!