Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[unity3d] [steam] Player.log grows up to hundrets of gigabytes

steam unity3d bug error player.log

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 12775 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Hi,

I'm playing Deadfire under Linux (Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS; Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz × 8; GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2; 64bit)

The Player.log starts with this:

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 560130
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  47113508074350777 [API loaded no]
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/boeroer/.steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/boeroer/.steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
and then there will be this log entry which gets repeated endlessly:

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Handle is not allocated
  at System.Runtime.InteropServices.GCHandle.get_Target () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.WeakReference.get_Target () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Onyx.OnyxObject.Finalize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Until my disk is full and the file has more than 140 GB (the time I discovered the problem). I am the only one who experiences this?

Edited by Boeroer, 31 August 2018 - 02:37 AM.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 12775 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Nobody? Weird. So this seems to be a problem of my system rather than one of Unity3D/Deadfire?

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2031 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
You seem to be using the wrong elf, duh. Try using the correct one :)

On serious note: I don't even have Player.log generated on steam/windows.
But here are 2 ideas:
- try disabling steam overlay for Deadfire: howto
- if that doesn't help... you can symlink the Player.log to /dev/null as posted by ShadowApex here

P.S. Dunno it it's of any help, but here's the code for Onyx.OnyxObject.Finalize():
Spoiler

Edited by MaxQuest, 01 September 2018 - 12:26 AM.

• Boeroer likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 12775 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Thanks MaxQuest! I'll check it out.

For the time being there's an easy workaround: I just delete the file with a script on bootup. ;) If something happens and I want to look up the log I can still do that - but it will be gone once I power up the computer. 

Also funny that I didn't find that thread you pointed me to - because I was searching for "Player.log" in this very subforum before posting...? Is the search case-sensitive? Nay that can't be it... Well I got a ton of hits because of the word "Player" and I didn't manage to search for player.log specifially (search function also shows results for "player" OR "log"), so maybe I missed it. Thanks again!

Edited by Boeroer, 01 September 2018 - 12:38 AM.

• MaxQuest likes this

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2031 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Also funny that I didn't find that thread you pointed me to - because I was searching for "Player.log" in this very subforum before posting...? Is the search case-sensitive? Nay that can't be it... Well I got a ton of hits because of the word "Player" and I didn't manage to search for player.log specifially (search function also shows results for "player" OR "log"), so maybe I missed it. Thanks again!

Majority of forum search engines are so so)

MaxQuest uses google-fu. It's super effective :)
google.com/search?q=site:forums.obsidian.net+"Player.log"

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 12775 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Yeah, I should have known better. The google (site) search is nearly always superior. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: steam, unity3d, bug, error, player.log

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users