To finally settle it

Do You like Carth?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do You like Carth?

• Yes
    • No

Then I'll join the club and actively not vote. :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

why post here if you wont vote?

To show my dissatisfaction with the possible choices in the vote ?

If there had been a "I dont give a damn one way or the other", I would have voted. While this isn't a democracy, low participation is a common way of displaying, that neither of the candidates are of interest. <_>

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

for someone who actively doesnt participate gorth, youve post alot in this thread.

i for one, cant stand carth cause of that litlte high-pitched whine. its a shame too, cause his character could have been cool. when i first saw him i was hoping he would be a bad ass, instead canderous took that role. was hoping canderous would have killed him, just like i had zaalbar kill mission.

:D I find it sort of strange that there are so many Carth hating threads on these Obsidian forums when Carth isn't really an Obsidian character and will have a very minor role, if any in Sith Lords.

I will admit, though, as much as I enjoyed Carth as a female PC, I'm trying to play the game again as a male and he's driving me nuts.

Male or female I found Carth likable in an aggravating sort of way. With a Female character it had a Moonlighting (I am showing my age here) relationship while in male characters he acts like an annoying roommate I had in college. I mean he is a lot better than many other Star Wars characters I can mention and a lot better than some of the NPCs that were in past Bioware CRPGs.

I'm pretty sure that character and storyline were the first thing that Obsidian nailed down. Carth's fate, and his involvement or lack thereof in KOTOR:2 is something that I'm fairly sure has already been decided.

Considering that you're travelling to Carth's homeworld, I'm sure at the very least we will learn Carth's fate.

I want him in the game so I can kill him again.

And Hades_One, you took the words out of my mouth...he was sort of likeable playing as a fem PC, because I found the dialogues to be much like the ones between Han and Leia in the OT. But as a male PC, I developed a loathing for him; and because of this, I still hated him when playing a fem. Perhaps if I had played a fem first he would have been more likeable. But for Bob's sakes, they could have made him more useful if they're gonna make him so damnably bitchy and whiny, or at least given the Male PCs the option of killing him. Perhaps he could show up on the Star Forge to stop you, only in a sort of one on one duel sort of way....it would have been suicide on his part...but if he brought along a thermal detonator a la Calo Nord, planning on detonating it when you came in for the kill....I mean, you'd probably still survive, but at least he wouldn't seem so neutered in his last moment, willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good; he could have almost been cool. But instead he ran scared like a little bitch.

I blame you Darth Woo!!! :angry:

I want him in the game so I can throw him out an airlock into the eternal darkness of space. Just to watch him pop like a little balloon.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

I never played female. If you play female DS, do you get the option to kill Carth because people are mentioning that they did kill Carth somehow.

If a character had the ability to die in the first KOTOR, I don't think they should pop up in the sequel. It would invalidate your choices in the first game, and it looks like the devs are striving against that.

If so, I think it's unlikely that Carth will appear.

I never played female. If you play female DS, do you get the option to kill Carth because people are mentioning that they did kill Carth somehow.

If a character had the ability to die in the first KOTOR, I don't think they should pop up in the sequel. It would invalidate your choices in the first game, and it looks like the devs are striving against that.

If so, I think it's unlikely that Carth will appear.

Aye. If you play a fem DS PC, and let his bratty son live. You gain his trust, he comes to attempt to turn you back to the Light Side on the Star Forge, in the landing bay, after you've slain Malak, and you have the option of killing his bitch ass (which I did) or turning back to the light. Overall, it is worth it to let his bratty son live, in order to gain his trust, and turn on him. Damn, where's a devil horns emoticon like the :twisted: on on the PHP software when I need one. <_<

I guess he is one of the most annoying NPCs I ever encountered. You would think, that it is impossible to beat Squall (Final Fantasy VIII) in angst department, but no, Bioware somehow did it, with that guy. But I hope he is in the game, and there is a torture chamber, and I have required tools

I guess he is one of the most annoying NPCs I ever encountered. You would think, that it is impossible to beat Squall (Final Fantasy VIII) in angst department, but no, Bioware somehow did it, with that guy. But I hope he is in the game, and there is a torture chamber, and I have required tools… I would take his body apart, slowly, and remind him of how much I hate him.

i thought Tingle from the zelda series was the most annoying character ever till i played kotor, and there was Carth

I don't see how Carth is that bad. There are plenty of characters in books, movies, and games worse than Carth. There is Jar Jar Binks, Anomen, Eldath, Drizzt Do' Urden, the voice acting in Resident Evil, and etc...

Sheesh. Some people's children. :huh: