Hi,

i just tried to fight Concelhaut with my Naplazca monk Troubadour chanter. I play solo POTD with upscaled enemies. My build is based on Blade Turning spamming while waiting for my invocation to load. I had almost no problems during the game until i came up to this fight. I basically do not agree with the concept that you have character purely based on having a buff and boss that have 2 spells that can dispel your buff and that he can spam it forever. These spells should not either debuff your drugs or the boss should have a limited amount of them. Not mentioning that there is another mage in Concelhaut's group using the same spell.

This post is not meant to be a whining post but it should be either suggestion for change or call for any help if anyone knows how to resist those spells.

Anyway i love this game.

It's not uncommon for a specialized type of build to have a hard counter somewhere in the game especially with newer enemies given skillsets not often encountered or encountered in a stronger form.   I do have to admit that I have had to "Death by scroll" enemies that proved to be a stalemate (eg. Heal tank vs Life drain).  Unless you're trying to benchmark a build or challenging yourself with that particular setup, you don't need to artificially handicap yourself being religious with your spec's modus operandi.

I'm mostly a filthy chanter player, so my strategy is usually to just bait and split his friends using summons and mobility items and cheese him down eventually.  

Edited by Metaturtle

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

There is no reliable resistance to it. But you can interrupt the wizard who's trying to cast it. The casting time is pretty long and monks can interrupt with Rooting Pain or Force of Anguish for example.

You can also use figurines as cannon fodder.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It targets Will, so doing things to boost your will save (changing gear, using drugs and consumables that boost intellect or resolve) is also worthwhile.

(I *think* Arcane Reflection should work on it too. If so, casting it via scrolls, or using the corresponding potions, should also help.)

Aside from that, I’ll echo Teclis23’s advice: take a pot shot at one of them, then run down the stairs to draw one small group of them at a time. That makes this fight much more manageable.

Edited by whimper

No arcane reflection don't work on it, it suppresses arcane reflection, but it SHOULD work on it yeah

Ah, good to know. 

EDIT: And regarding the original question, make sure you have Duality of Moral Presence set to Intellect; that'll give you another substantial boost to your will save. 

Edited by whimper

@OP

Kite them down to the stairs at the bottom of the map. Try and Kite only a few enemies at a time so you can split them up

easy

yeah that was my initial tactic. i have managed to pull him solo... still i was just rebuffing myself with drugs until i had no drugs to use... put him down to bloodied then i died... 

It's not uncommon for a specialized type of build to have a hard counter somewhere in the game especially with newer enemies given skillsets not often encountered or encountered in a stronger form.   I do have to admit that I have had to "Death by scroll" enemies that proved to be a stalemate (eg. Heal tank vs Life drain).  Unless you're trying to benchmark a build or challenging yourself with that particular setup, you don't need to artificially handicap yourself being religious with your spec's modus operandi.

I'm mostly a filthy chanter player, so my strategy is usually to just bait and split his friends using summons and mobility items and cheese him down eventually.  

i agree to the point that you artificially make your game harder by adopting some rules... but this is imho something different... the boss is pure counter to one of the class. yeah i could always play OP evoker and basically one shot whole group... but it is not fun for me... or as you have said play cheezy chanter like i was in my first playthrough and just destroy this guy with animate weapons... 

Arcane Reflection can't work against it because it only reflects targeted spells - those you have to cast onto an enemy and not those that are cast onto the ground.

You need spell resistance. But as I said: it's not reliable. Maybe somebody else knows how to resist it reliably. I just use interrupts (Monk with Flagellant's Path + Force of Anguish, Fighter with Charge and then Knockdown or Rogue with Escape + strikes as well as ranger with Concussive Shot or even a Wizard with Thrust oTV) and it works fairly well.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods