Is there any efficient way to counter the Beserker's Confusion status?

Plus Paladin's Mental Fortress passive ability.

Also Captain's Banquet food and Svef drug.

But yeah, Devil of Caroc Breastplate is probably the best and most widely useful. Although Modwyr is a pretty good and cool weapon.

Edited by Haplok

The problem with using buffs is it only cancels/blocks the current/next instance. If your frenzy wears off and you go back in, you need to remove it again. So yeah the gear is best if it fits your build, otherwise food/drugs/paladin. Or if you're confident you will demolish every encounter within 1-2 frenzy's then sure go with a spell.

Tactical Barrage means losing out on 25% hit to crit. May not be a big deal depending on the build though.

Monks and priests also get intellect inspirations that will clear confusion.

Beaten, but the monk buff doesn’t suffer the issue of other buffs because clarity of agony is a wounds ability, so is fairly easy to keep up all fight.

Edited by grasida
  • Like 1

The problem with using buffs is it only cancels/blocks the current/next instance. If your frenzy wears off and you go back in, you need to remove it again. So yeah the gear is best if it fits your build, otherwise food/drugs/paladin. Or if you're confident you will demolish every encounter within 1-2 frenzy's then sure go with a spell.

Tactical Barrage means losing out on 25% hit to crit. May not be a big deal depending on the build though.

With a decent Intellect score, Infuse with vital essence runs out around the same time as Frenzy. The only other second level spell to consider would be Mirror Image, and if you have the need to use it it would be best to switch to Vaporous Wizadry for the extra cast. Since all three casts are almost instant you shouldn't suffer from an interrupt while casting.

With a decent Intellect score, Infuse with vital essence runs out around the same time as Frenzy. The only other second level spell to consider would be Mirror Image, and if you have the need to use it it would be best to switch to Vaporous Wizadry for the extra cast. Since all three casts are almost instant you shouldn't suffer from an interrupt while casting.

Infuse has a far greater duration than frenzy, my point was that inspirations don't make you immune to an affliction - they just cancel an active one or prevent the next one to afflict you, while being consumed in the process. And I disagree, Merciless Gaze is a worthwhile second level spell (though less so on a melee Berzerker who already gets 30% conversion).

Only problem with svef is Arcane Dampener will ruin your day - even more so on a Nalpasca.

Svef!

Berserker/Nalpasca for the win (currently playing one of those - and neither DoC Breastplate nor Modwyr - doesn't fit :))!

Oh. Does that mean you don't need me to test it anymore? Because that works for me as well, I've sort of hit a wall in terms of drafting out a theorycraft for this.  :unsure:

Svef!

Berserker/Nalpasca for the win (currently playing one of those - and neither DoC Breastplate nor Modwyr - doesn't fit :))!

Oh. Does that mean you don't need me to test it anymore? Because that works for me as well, I've sort of hit a wall in terms of drafting out a theorycraft for this. :unsure:
I just started a new playthrough and thought I can bring one such hireling in in order to test the concept.

I also forgot that Bronlar's Phalanx has an enchantment that makes you smart once you engage an enemy. This could also be used against Confusion.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

There's also a ring on the Deck of Many Things that gives you resistance to all mental afflictions in return for -8 Int. That's a bad trade and you shouldn't go for it, but it does exist.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

In the early levels, until you can easily clear the confuse, positioning helps too. Try to keep your zerker on the other side of the mobs from your other melee. You shouldn't be hitting your own party with carnage if you fight like this:

You --- > Mob (Flanked) <------ Party Member

Personally, the confuse really gets more annoying when multi-classed with any kind of aoe. Fanatic in your party? Oh crap I just gave all the mobs 5 more accuracy. Howler? Jee.. my whole party is losing health...  Tempest? Ugh.. that lightning sure does suck when it hits me too...

Now, a howler dual wielding modwyr and sashas singing scimitar, running spirit frenzy and an aoe direct damage chant... delicious. Worth every bit of trouble getting to that point.

I think you can still enter scavenger codes if you are playing on steam. I think one of the codes gives 10 captains banquets. Those can get you really far as long as you don't take too many wounds and need to rest too often.

-8 INT is pretty neat if you only have 3 to begin with. :) Because you can't go under 1.

Since certain DoTs work like wounding in PoE (fixed dmg with shorter duration = more dps) I'm sure you can build a nice Berserker with 1 INT. :)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

-8 INT is pretty neat if you only have 3 to begin with. :) Because you can't go under 1.

Since certain DoTs work like wounding in PoE (fixed dmg with shorter duration = more dps) I'm sure you can build a nice Berserker with 1 INT. :)

With that little intellect your frenzy is going to be more of a temper tantrum.

Since certain DoTs work like wounding in PoE (fixed dmg with shorter duration = more dps)

wait are you telling me that the 3 Int Deep Wounds Rogue from the first game's release actually works here

that's ridiculous

Edited by gkathellar

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Since certain DoTs work like wounding in PoE (fixed dmg with shorter duration = more dps)

wait are you telling me that the 3 Int Deep Wounds Rogue from the first game's release actually works here

that's ridiculous

I'm not sure about deep wounds, but you will love a chiper's disintegrate with 1 int, i can assure you

With that little intellect your frenzy is going to be more of a temper tantrum.

Take Blood Storm - problem solved :)

that's ridiculous

Only an amateur would use 3 INT. You want 1 INT. ;)

There was a list (from MaxQuest maybe?) that contained all abilities that behave in that stupid "less INT=higher dps" way. If I remember correctly Wounding Shot and Disintegrate were among them.

that's ridiculous

Only an amateur would use 3 INT. You want 1 INT. ;)

There was a list (from MaxQuest maybe?) that contained all abilities that behave in that stupid "less INT=higher dps" way. If I remember correctly Wounding Shot and Disintegrate were among them.

That makes sense for some skills though. Ones that do "x% of damage dealt over y seconds" - reducing y results in higher dps (though same total damage). Disintegrate is a little weird though - isn't it "x damage per 3 seconds over y seconds"? And therefore increasing duration should increase total damage done (though DPS would be the same)?

After all this time, do you think the “less INT = higher DPS” shenanigan might actually be intended?

I mean, after PoE there’s no way Obsidian could be unaware.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

After all this time, do you think the “less INT = higher DPS” shenanigan might actually be intended?

I mean, after PoE there’s no way Obsidian could be unaware.

Only devs could answer. Is obviuosly a trick to prevent player to stack too many dmg modifiers (might, power level, item bonuses additive, and int multiplicative), but it turned out to be both awkward and abusable in opposite sense --> minimize int to turn dots in pure dmg spells

It has been "fixed" for most DoTs, as they tend to be 'X damage per 3.0 seconds for Y seconds'. However the ones that read 'X% of attack damage over time' will result in more DPS with a low int, but the same absolute damage - 20% of 100 is still 20, regardless if it's dealt over 10 seconds or 5.

So for the former, high int is good as it will keep ticking for the same amount for a longer time, it's things like Hunters Wounding Shot and Deep Wounds that benefit from low int.

Edited by thundercleese