then only rage and fire remained in his body

... and those who didn't die in fire, were killed by his bare hands

... they call him Harbinger of Doom

BraE6BF.jpg

• Game Version - 1.2
  • Difficulty - PoTD up-scaled / Solo / Deadly Deadfire
  • Race: Death Godlike
  • Class - (Barbarian) Berserker / (Priest) Skaen
  • Alignment - Chaotic evil (blood is never too much)
  • Culture: Deadfire Archipelago
  • God - Skaen
L20 - Deadly Deadfire | Ukaizo Fight

L20 - Abilities

L20 - Attributes, Equipment

Attributes

• Might - MAX
  • Constitution - MIN
  • Dexterity - MAX
  • Perception - MAX
  • Intellect - MAX
  • Resolve - MIN
Skills
  • Alchemy - MAX
  • Intimidate - 7
  • Religion - 5
  • Metaphysics - 3
  • History - 3
  • Insight - 2 
EquipementAbilities
  • C1 (Restore) + B1 (Frenzy)
  • B2 (Monastic Unarmed Training)
  • B3 (Blooded)
  • C4 (Pillar of Faith) + B4 (Barbaric Blow)
  • B5 (Two Weapon Style)
  • B6 (Accurate Carnage)
  • C7 (Arms Bearer) + B7 (Wild Sprint)
  • B8 (Bloodlust)
  • B9 (One Stands Alone)
  • C10 (Shining Beacon) + B10 (Blood Frenzy)
  • C11 (Scion of Flame)
  • B12 (Bloody Slaughter)
  • C13 (Barring Death's Door) + B13 (Barbaric Smash)
  • B14 (Leap)
  • B15 (Interrupting Blows)
  • C16 (Salvation of Time) + B16 (Lion's Sprint)
  • B17 (Brute Force)
  • B18 (Improved Critical) 
  • C19 (Storm of Holy Fire) + B19 (Blood Thirst)
  • C20 (Rapid Casting)
Food
  • Captain Banquette 
Modals
  • Club
  • Mace
  • Flail
Edited by mant2si
  • Like 2

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Minor fixes:

• Fixed broken URL's in equipment list
  • Change armor to Pale Hide for GLORIOUS Shamanic look  
  • Added flail to modal list
The videos for low-level fights and abilities path ( < L16)  will be added after 2.0

I'm open to suggestions :D

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

I really like your multi combo. Skaen is hard from a RP perspective but you made it work.

Thanks, I like to be a bad guy, it feels more natural when you need min/max your char

You can do Effigy's Resentment for RP

You can kill any NPC/Followers for RP Ha - Ha, and you don't need worry about karma, Skaen will love that

You can take Gift of Machine for RP

I hate that Holy Warriors who do Effigy's Resentment, take Gift of Machine and then tries to be a good boy and help everyone

Edited by mant2si

Looks like a fun build: 

my only little nitpick is the sustainability of damage through per encounter spells, because in say in the ingame Ukaizo fight is multi stage as you will have to kill 3 big targets Ukaizo and the 2 Titans - it is a long fight unless you use invisibility potion trick to reset. And any other encounters the game that are designed to be lengthy - there are not many that are in game at the moment though.

Fire Dragon is respectably hard with deadly deadfire mod and may be immune to fire?

At lower level before you get lol priest storm something like the lighthouse on Hosango may be difficult too unless you equip defensive things or so if you can kill stuff fast with barring death's door on, or just level up past 16 to make take on that fight when you have salvation of time. 

Looks like a fun build: 

my only little nitpick is the sustainability of damage through per encounter spells, because in say in the ingame Ukaizo fight is multi stage as you will have to kill 3 big targets Ukaizo and the 2 Titans - it is a long fight unless you use invisibility potion trick to reset. And any other encounters the game that are designed to be lengthy - there are not many that are in game at the moment though.

Fire Dragon is respectably hard with deadly deadfire mod and may be immune to fire?

At lower level before you get lol priest storm something like the lighthouse on Hosango may be difficult too unless you equip defensive things or so if you can kill stuff fast with barring death's door on, or just level up past 16 to make take on that fight when you have salvation of time. 

1, You can kite titans until Ukazio restore or just summon 1 more skeleton, all other minions will die in Holy Fire Storm and give you additional attack speed. You still barbarian, this build has maxed carnage damage and frenzy raw damage. There will be a problem if Obsidian will add Fire Immune multi stage boss 

2. You can kill Firedragon with 2x legendary stiletto or 2x legendary pistols and Marksman ring

3. Hmm, you right, but < L16 gear and abilities selection is different, it's more defensive Heavy Armor + Restoration Spells + Shield, I will post it after 2.0 

Edited by mant2si

Looks like a fun build:

my only little nitpick is the sustainability of damage through per encounter spells, because in say in the ingame Ukaizo fight is multi stage as you will have to kill 3 big targets Ukaizo and the 2 Titans - it is a long fight unless you use invisibility potion trick to reset. And any other encounters the game that are designed to be lengthy - there are not many that are in game at the moment though.

Fire Dragon is respectably hard with deadly deadfire mod and may be immune to fire?

At lower level before you get lol priest storm something like the lighthouse on Hosango may be difficult too unless you equip defensive things or so if you can kill stuff fast with barring death's door on, or just level up past 16 to make take on that fight when you have salvation of time.

Well, for magma dragon u can get an injury, equip rekvus scorched cloak, turn on auto attack AI and then go watch TV for a while and win.

For lighthouse u just simply solve it peacefully.

When I started thinking about your words I found super easy strategy that can help you eliminate any boss. This strategy didn't directly related to my build because I really like death-godlike, and I don't want to switch it to someone else 

You need to switch your MC race to human and pick Warding Seal, equip Deltro's Cage Helm and kills 20 guys with Red Hand. Cast Frenzy and put seal under your feet, wait for 200DM tool-tip, switch to Modwyr, switch to any weapon with good AS, cast Salvation of Time, and destroy your enemy

You can even take Mantle of the Seven Bolts + Lord Darryn's Voulge 

You will lose 3PL and COOL look and some role-play value, but if you prefer min/max solution human will be much better. I also think that this combination will be too OP and will break your game completely because it's no matter how much DM/HP/DEFENSES/ACCURACY your enemies have, only Arcane Dumper can distract you, but you has invise, escape and you can always cap you will to 160 - 200, if obsidian decide to add more same game mechanics 

On weekends, I  will prepare some Ukaizo battle explanation :D And record Firedragon fight

Edited by mant2si

Deadly Deadfire | Jadaferlas, Ancient Dragon

Set play speed at least to x2 

50% HP: 5:00
Equipment: 7:35
Carnage damage: 10:00 (I do ~ 26 - 30 per hit)

P.S

This fight was very tough because Dragon immune to Fire and has 17AR vs Crush damage, but in current patch Harbinger of Doom still met minimal requirements for Solo PotD with DD and can win near any fight

P.S.S

That sadly how classes with unlimited resources, deflection/accuracy/penetration passives, cheap full attack, summons overcome all other classes
You can compare this fight with my Seer build fight, to understand why unlimited resources, +30 ACC, and summon make all fights feels like cakewalk.  Edited by mant2si

• 2 weeks later...

The Priest of Woedica subclass for priest is really good, maybe better than wael or skaen, but too bad it is only accessible through the console. 

May be... Their summon weapon scaled with fists skill and do additional raw damage. What else do you found useful from Woedica ? I also think that Wael not very good for this build at first for RP, at second you will lose Escape, x3 Full attack with +10 ACC and L7 skill + I never use +Deflection skills

Edited by mant2si

The build looks really cool. I don't think you can survive level 1-16 without a shield or something that raises your deflection by "a lot", though. I was toying around with the build today and the poor guy got downed more often than my DPS seer (party of 5, level 10, PotD all upscaled). Am I doing something wrong? I have already tried giving him more CON and RES ad the cost of MIG and PER with the console but it's its abysmal deflection that makes it really hard for him to survive. What's your advice for the first levels? Also Blood Frenzy amounts to 121 raw dmg in 27 second with 20 INT at level 10: basically I am committing suicide the moment I click on it. Should I avoid becoming frenzied until I get Barring Death's Door?

The build looks really cool. I don't think you can survive level 1-16 without a shield or something that raises your deflection by "a lot", though. I was toying around with the build today and the poor guy got downed more often than my DPS seer (party of 5, level 10, PotD all upscaled). Am I doing something wrong? I have already tried giving him more CON and RES ad the cost of MIG and PER with the console but it's its abysmal deflection that makes it really hard for him to survive. What's your advice for the first levels? Also Blood Frenzy amounts to 121 raw dmg in 27 second with 20 INT at level 10: basically I am committing suicide the moment I click on it. Should I avoid becoming frenzied until I get Barring Death's Door?

Voidward and a ring of greater regeneration will help with the frenzy dot. He also says in a post that pre lvl16 he used heavy armour and a shield. 

3. Hmm, you right, but < L16 gear and abilities selection is different, it's more defensive Heavy Armor + Restoration Spells + Shield, I will post it after 2.0 

• Like 1

At first if you play solo on PotD, I suggest you check this guide - https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103025-guide-grow-strong-before-fighting-anything , you can get easy L16 without any hard fight

At second I made this build only for Berath Blessing (or for L16 char if you prefer skip low level fights), don't try to play with such low CON solo from start, with Berath Blessing you need something like 10 CON, then play as normal Priest

From L10 till L16 you strategy is defensive cleric (take shield talent +1 to all armor and Spirit Frenzy), I never start any fight for cleric or barbarian char until L10

1. Equip small monk shield (Tuotilo's Palm) which scale with your fists attack + Shattered Vengeance or Sun and Moon, depend on situation 

2. Equip best heavy armor for example Patinated Plate with 30% stun enchant

3. Equip Abraham pet

4. Use any Food that give Recovery Speed Bonus

5. Equip ring that reduce raw damage by 25%

6. Equip ring that give you you +10 ACC to fire spell

8. Put yourself in position where enemies can't flank you

9. Start fight with Frenzy + Consecrated Ground (or Savage Defiance) + Shining Beacon & Drink potion of shield is needed

11. When you think that you can beat enemies with remain rage, just kill them with full attacks

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

Thank you both! I was definitely too optimistic  :no:. I'll try the Patinated plate. 

No problem :D Don't forget to respect for more defensive setup

Ohh and I also forgot about very important part, if you planning to play with DD mod from L10 till L16 I usually do no rest run, check this article https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/101300-guide-permanent-bonuses-approach-for-a-no-rest-run 

+50% to Healing and +10 ACC, Borthel and Adratic Glow made your life much easier ... for no-rest run I usually constantly use Svef for distraction immunity and Shark Soup to stop enemies removing frenzy inspirations 

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...