Is there a way to end combat while under the effect of Gouging Strike?

So I've been doing some solo testing, and one particular fight has been giving me headaches, that be killing everyone in the Balefire Beacon in Dunnage with a single class fighter.

The main problem is the Gouging Strike dot. After the first pack of Marauders, pirates and priests at the entrance is dead, my fighter simply stays in combat and dies slowly to the infinite dot. I think it means I should aggro the entire room and kill them as well, but if I get a bad roll on a Trial of Iron attempt, this simply won't do.

I was wondering what options are viable in these situations, short of alt-F4, killing all of them in one go, or avoiding this particular fight.

From the top of my head, there's Rust's stiletto with Shadowing Beyond, although I think the dot will keep me in combat. I'd also need a ton of +healing for Pale Light and Three Trolls Stiched to overheal the dot, far more than I can fathom. The dot is 5 damage per 3 seconds, whle pale light is 1 per 6 or something.

Do antidotes work to clear Gouging Strike?

I was wondering what options are viable in these situations, short of alt-F4, killing all of them in one go, or avoiding this particular fight.

Try walking around the map to get out of combat. Generally when you are in combat it means there are mobs that want your head, but if none are coming it likely means they can't find a path to you. If you make that job too hopeless for them they might reset altogether.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

You will have the same problems with enemies who use Brand Enemy (do enemies ever use this? I didn't experience this so far). If Withdraw works that's a great tip.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Indeed, IF .. for Trial of Iron as Fighter to have some mean to reset/escape seems sensible anyway. 

edit: it's too bad there is no dispell, especially since there are effects lasting till the end of a fight. Perhaps it is a conscious and premeditated decision not to have dispell  but seeing how "till end of fight" works I do not think it's beneficial from player point of view and enemy point of view alike.  

Edited by knownastherat

Another way to encourage mobs to reset might be to have the boots that let you leap. Perhaps you could find a place that makes the AI go "SO NOT gonna try to go there".

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Thanks for the answers. I'll test a few of those options later. Looks like Scroll of Withdraw might be the best pick, as the build I was testing doesn't use consumables anyway.

The only characters vaguely aware of my presence were yellow-circled cowering civilians. I didn't try killing them. If you remember the layout of this map, I had killed all enemies on the outside rim, opening the way to the top building (NE corner) and to the little room on the SE corner. No "safe" spot, even without any enemy in sight. The only enemies on the map were those around Furrante in the throne room, and they won't move an inch unless I get close to them.

So perhaps it will not end combat in the situation described in OP. Well, at least it will heal ;)

It does last significantly longer tho and it will heal you through the DoTs duration.

If the enemies default location is out of sight when u withdraw it almost always works. There are however a few encounters I've had where nothing will take me out of combat for some reason. Furrante might just be one of those encounters.

• 3 months later...

So I've been doing some solo testing, and one particular fight has been giving me headaches, that be killing everyone in the Balefire Beacon in Dunnage with a single class fighter.

The main problem is the Gouging Strike dot. After the first pack of Marauders, pirates and priests at the entrance is dead, my fighter simply stays in combat and dies slowly to the infinite dot. I think it means I should aggro the entire room and kill them as well, but if I get a bad roll on a Trial of Iron attempt, this simply won't do.

From the top of my head, there's Rust's stiletto with Shadowing Beyond, although I think the dot will keep me in combat. I'd also need a ton of +healing for Pale Light and Three Trolls Stiched to overheal the dot, far more than I can fathom. The dot is 5 damage per 3 seconds, whle pale light is 1 per 6 or something.

Do antidotes work to clear Gouging Strike?

TBH, i don't think a trial of iron with a SC Fighter is that good. I would do a TCS run mostly only with a multiclass, because you have two pools of ressources instead of one.