This build is created around Serafens Handcannon, to use it to its full potential and wreak havoc on crowds of enemies. The build is very fun and also very effective. I'll post a couple of videos down below.
Played on Solo Potd Upscaled - All, Patch 1.1
- Assassin is chosen because of its highly accurate opening shot wich is crucial to inflict afflictions on enemies right from the start, Rogues afflictions are perfect for this build.
- Monk is chosen because i wanted that +10Int for bigger radius and longer affliction durations. Nalpazca was chosen because Whiteleaf will be our only convenient way of healing.
Backround And Race:
- Any race is fine really, I picked Pale Elf because i like Pale Elfs =)
- Old Vailia for +1 Int and Hunter for an Alchemy point.
Int: 19 (18+1 Old Vailia)
Speed, Accuracy, Radius and Duration are very important. Your Will defence in combat will be through the roof with whiteleaf running and Int nearly capped. For other saves fall back on potions if u need it.
I am not going to tell u exactly what to pick at every level. Instead i will list the most important ones and why i think they are important.
- Swift Strikes - Lightning Strikes: More speed and a small lash is great and before we get Stunning Surge we wont have anything else to spend Mortification points on.
- Crippling Strike, so we can upgrade it to Arterial Strike ASAP, Arterial Strike is amazing with this build, example will be shown in a video further down.
- Escape: While not overly used, it will help u get into a good position and give u a great defense boost while u perfom whatever action u teleported there to perfom.
- Dirty Fighting: Critical hits, extremely important once u get Stunning Surge.
- One Handed Style: Same reason as Dirty Fighting, u never want to miss and u want to crit as much as possible.
- The Long Stride and Fast Runner are picked because Stride is very important.
- Blinding Strike - Confounding Blind: Lower the enemies deflection and Acc in AoE? Glorious!
- Stunning blows - Stunning Surge: This is where the fun starts, Stunlock enemies in AoE and get all ur Mortification points spent back, each Crit in the AoE will give u 2 points back!
- Deep Pockets: Because consumables are king!
- Thunderous Blows: This lasts for around 25sec(ish) for us in combat, gives us both might and pen wich is great, this is also important to protect urself from nasty might afflictions such as Stuns.
- Duality of Mortal Presence - Mind: This stance is the reason why i picked monk in the first place really, +10 Int in combat is straight up amazing!
- Corroded Strike is a very lethal DoT, it increases in dmg the longer it stays on target, and with ur Int it will stay a while! The 3 guile cost doesnt feel so expensive anymore when u can inflict a grp of enemies with it at once. Use it on a pack of stunlocked enemies if u have the extra guile.
That will have to do with the abilities, i think i havent missed anything super important but in any case, feel free to mix and match but i highly recomend the abilities above.
Here is a Video showing off Arterial Strike when i was lvl 11:
And here is a Video showing off Stunning Surge against Beina Bounty on lvl 13:
I've had a bug where the sound from an "Implosion Grenade" have been following me around from time to time, thats the super annoying sound ur hearing in that video.
I'll Throw this one in here just as a treat, i present to u, the ultimate cheese:
- Pump ur Alch as high as u can and get a minimum of 5 Arcana for Moonwell scrolls. High Alch gives u great potions and increases the effectiveness of drugs a lot.
-I recomend u keep resting to a minimum and use powerful food and a Luminous Adra Potion along with Dunnage female hooker for +1 skills and (very important) immunity to engagement vs lesser enemies. If you do not enjoy this kind of min/maxing i recomend u get the Brigandine Armour from Beinas Bounty and enchant it with "Immunity to disengagement attacks". You do NOT want to get locked into engagements with this guy!
- Serafens Handmortar (Obviously), go to Fort Deadlight and kill Serafen and loot his Mortar if you are soloing.
- Peter, the cat. Increases AoE dmg and AoE radius, perfect for us. Can be found on second floor in Oathbinder's Sanctum.
- Most of the time i used Aloths armour for more radius and a Ring of Overseeing for more radius again. The gains are quite small so feel free to use something else if u wish.
- Helmet: Pick one =)
- Necklace: i used a +1 Int neck mostly, but go ahead and pick a neck item that suits u =)
- Belt: "The Amazing and truly incredible instant potion belt". This can be bought at the Beraths blessing merchant on Port Maje or from a merchant in northen Sacred Stairs (i really hope my memory isnt failing me now). This one gives u +2 Alch and a random potion each encounter.
- Gloves: Apothecary's Gloves, these can be bought from the alchemy shop in Perikis Overwartch. Keep Burglars gloves in ur inventory when u need a mechanic boost.
- Boots: Boots of Speed, because Stride is king for rounding up enemies and for kiting/positioning.
- Cloak: Pick one =)
I used Beraths blessings for Attributes, Skills, special merchant and for money on this guy. Its not a "must" tho, just very convenient.
Edited by Dorftek, 01 July 2018 - 11:35 AM.