New patch came out, Aloth's dispositions are still lacking.

Annoyingly the dispositions that I briefly had from the mod are also now lacking after the patch  ;(

Now Aloth hates EVERYTHING!

• Like 4

Annoyingly the dispositions that I briefly had from the mod are also now lacking after the patch  ;(

Now Aloth hates EVERYTHING!

Working as intended.

• Like 4

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

You should probably start the game from scratch to test this more. Some patch fixes are not retroactive (like Mirke's naked butt).

Aloth just has no positive triggers. Many, many negative ones- negatives for everyone- but I play a pretty dutiful, benevolent character and I can't crack a 1. He reacts to the most random stuff.

• Like 4

Here's the link for those interested: https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/78/

I haven't tested it extensively so if you have any issues let me know. You shouldn't need to restart either.

Hmm, I got the extra dispositions very briefly, but they seem to have disappeared after the patch downloaded. Is this a PEBKAC issue do you think, or a patch issue? I’m frustrated enough with the game that I don’t want to risk my sanity trying to get it working again if the problem is incompatibility with 1.1.0 :(

That's weird. I better to get to checking/updating the one I posted.

You are awesome! I restarted my game after installing the mods mentioned in this thread, so I’m not far enough in this time around to see if your mod is triggering properly. The other was definitely being weird.

Here's the link for those interested: https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/78/

I haven't tested it extensively so if you have any issues let me know. You shouldn't need to restart either.

Hmm, I got the extra dispositions very briefly, but they seem to have disappeared after the patch downloaded. Is this a PEBKAC issue do you think, or a patch issue? I’m frustrated enough with the game that I don’t want to risk my sanity trying to get it working again if the problem is incompatibility with 1.1.0 :(

I'd assume the new patch breaks most mods. I'll most likely update it over the weekend along with my other mod unless the patch changes make it impossible.

• Like 1

fwiw, given how the patch cycle went with PoE 1, IMO nobody should install ANY patch until it gets to the 4th major patch.

with PoE, that took about 5 months after release.

play the game through with 1.02, then wait.

Steam auto installs it though?

Aloth just has no positive triggers. Many, many negative ones- negatives for everyone- but I play a pretty dutiful, benevolent character and I can't crack a 1. He reacts to the most random stuff.

Your character has to always pick the most dull / I'm so sensible options as well as acting like that. Mine has resorted to drink because he finds himself so dull xD

Edited by Slotharingia
  • Like 2

nvAeseu.png

fwiw, given how the patch cycle went with PoE 1, IMO nobody should install ANY patch until it gets to the 4th major patch.

Your character has to always pick the most dull / I'm so sensible options as well as acting like that. Mine has resorted to drink because he finds himself so dull xD

nope.  you can tell steam to only install updates on demand.

Current pro leaden key Aloth likes dutiful and stewardship, dislikes Pride, tradition, irresponsibilty. 

I think I've come across stewardship three times in the game, so it boild down to dutiful. I'm not sure dutiful should be a disposition for him at all as it suggests a lack of questioning authority a lot of the time when it triggers, and even pro leaden key Aloth questions authority (the whole Leaden Key thing of obeying orders without knowing what their purpose is strikes me as more duitful than traditional). He could have Responsible instead of Dutiful and Progressive instead of or aswell as anti tradition. He could also have worldly, skulduggery/resourceful as positives. Additionally, his pride tag triggers way too often and if a character is going to have so few dispositions, giving them a negative one that triggers constantly is taking it too far.

All in all he could have: Resourceful, Responsible, Progressive, Worldy as anti LK positives. Skulduggery, Responsible, Stewardship, Worldy as pro LK positives. His dislikes imo also could do with including misuse of authority/power such as slavery/racism/caste system, with his likes encouraging people who try to challenge those things, though I can't see them going to the effort of changing stuff like that.

https://prnt.sc/jsiisu

• Like 4

nvAeseu.png

I have a sneaking suspicion, given all the content on his -1/-2 branch and the big deal they made in marketing about him not being the same meek guy anymore, that they want Aloth to be this difficult to please, and it's not a bug at all. We shall see...

• Like 6

I have a sneaking suspicion, given all the content on his -1/-2 branch and the big deal they made in marketing about him not being the same meek guy anymore, that they want Aloth to be this difficult to please, and it's not a bug at all. We shall see...

Yep, I've suspected for a while he's supposed to be like that. Doesn't stop me sighing through my nose about it xD

• Like 2

nvAeseu.png

Yep, I've suspected for a while he's supposed to be like that. Doesn't stop me sighing through my nose about it xD

*CENIC gives you a pained look.

• Like 4

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

I think I do- except my character has high Clever this time, maybe he doesn't appreciate rapier wit and insight?

I give up, I really do. He can go sulk in a corner.

• Like 3

I think I do- except my character has high Clever this time, maybe he doesn't appreciate rapier wit and insight?

I give up, I really do. He can go sulk in a corner.

He's not into clever. You can get away with it, but it's tricky :'(

nvAeseu.png

He still dies though in the epilogue if you don't do his quest...

So idk if not meek means just being an ass

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 2
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

WAT????

nvAeseu.png

Didn't think of that, but it'd fit quite well with his character arc in PoE1. Equating "independent" with "dislike everyone i disagree with" is an awful way to implement that though, and combined with the bugs, I have no idea how he went from -1 to +1 with me.

He needs some positive dispositions that pop up more frequently than stewardship. Abuse of Authority would be perfect as there are quite a few examples of people doing so in-game, and Aloth would definitely approve of you putting an end to it, whether he's pro or contra Leaden Key. Skulduggery as well: he did some sneaky stuff in PoE1 as well, and you literally meet him pretending to be an animancer.

• Like 1

WAT????

Lacking a watcher to read the Wahaki leader's soul, all he can find out is that Thaos clearly influenced the tribe, but fails to find out how or why before the Wahaki grow too suspicious of him and his sighs.

Unfortunately, it turns out he can't turn away Wahaki spears with his sighs, which probably gave him quite a pained look.

Edited by Taevyr
  • Like 8