As @boeroer knows I’m whining on this ability for a while, and here come’s the newest op combo of cleave, which I read from another forum.

As we know cleave does an 360 degree full attack. That is what we know. But! The point is this full attack can include range weapons :)

So if you kill someone with melee wean and triggers full attack, you shot everybody around u with offhan pistol if u go sword/pistol.

• Like 2

As @boeroer knows I’m whining on this ability for a while, and here come’s the newest op combo of cleave, which I read from another forum.

As we know cleave does an 360 degree full attack. That is what we know. But! The point is this full attack can include range weapons :)

So if you kill someone with melee wean and triggers full attack, you shot everybody around u with offhan pistol if u go sword/pistol.

Almost as good as Legolas with a bow then

IB1OsQq.png

Is the trick in having melee weapon in mainhand and ranged weapon in offhand? Or in stance itself?

I was checking yesterday Pistol/Sabre interaction with simple Full Attacks.

At range - only pistol was firing.

At melee - only sabre was hitting.

Perhaps will have to swap them and check again.

Also Charge...

ROFL - hilarious.

Waitwaitwait... what happens when you have Kalakoth's Minor Blights in the main hand an kill with a offhand sabre (or whatever melee weapon)?

AoE * AoE? 

I suppose the hand mortar will also do double AoE?

What happens with Driving Flight + Hand Mortar + Cleaving Stance? 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Is the trick in having melee weapon in mainhand and ranged weapon in offhand? Or in stance itself?

I was checking yesterday Pistol/Sabre interaction with simple Full Attacks.

At range - only pistol was firing.

At melee - only sabre was hitting.

Perhaps will have to swap them and check again.

Also Charge...

It is Cleave only I think, I forget melee weapon in which hands, will check later :)

That actually looks like cool build idea for "Inquisitor" role play of Fighter/Priest with rapier/pistol :D. 

I may try that after I will play Crusader.

I've tested it a bit, it works with Charge, Heart of Fury, and Vengeful Defeat, at least.

My hypothesis was that melee+ranged dual wield full attacks would work for Full Attack abilities that have their own animation (as opposed to using the melee swing animation), but I also tried it with Whirling Slashes and it doesn't work there.

As for Hand Mortar, I quickly checked a couple things, but it gets slightly complicated.

With Heart of Fury, there is no problem. Every hit triggers Hand Mortar's AoE, Blinding Smoke, or Powder Burns. It also triggers Kitchen's Stove Wild Barrage's bounces, and Eccea's Arcane Blaster's modal. However, on Charge and Cleave, I only seems to get the Blinding Smoke, and not the AoE damage (Although they do trigger Eccea's Blaster's modal, haven't tested Kitchen Stove yet).

I doubt it matters but my test were done with melee in main hand, ranged in off-hand.

I don't even know if cleave gets triggered when you kill with the Long Pain. You can use melee abilites but for example engagement doesn't work - so it's still considered to be ranged...? Same with Intruments of Pain I guess?

I don't even know if cleave gets triggered when you kill with the Long Pain. You can use melee abilites but for example engagement doesn't work - so it's still considered to be ranged...? Same with Intruments of Pain I guess?

I just checked Instruments of Pain, it does trigger Cleave. However, it doesn't seem to increase its range. I wonder about Intellect though.

I will test it after I come home ;) I'm curious how Long Pain works with the Pollaxe u get from old city.

Do quarterstaffs and pikes cause engagement? The Ogre summons don't unless you force them to get closer to their target (they have reach essentially). Given that, and the description of Instruments of Pain, I'd assume they remain melee but engagement requires you to be withing standard melee range.

Yes, they do - but not in reach range but in the usual melee range - as you assume. So you have to get close in order to engage. In the beta of PoE they engaged at reach distance but Sensuki showed how game-breaking that is (standing in the second row and getting tons of disengagement attacks while enemies try to reach you) and it got changed.

Edited by Boeroer

Yes, they do - but not in reach range but in the usual melee range - as you assume. So you have to get close in order to engage. In the beta of PoE they engaged at reach distance but Sensuki showed how game-breaking that is (standing in the second row and getting tons of disengagement attacks while enemies try to reach you) and it got changed.

Shame, a Unbroken/Monk build using 8m disengagements might have been quite fun :lol: