Neither because one is bugged and for the other you have to let Shorty succumb to the pull of the dark side.

• Like 2

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

Threshing Aura because +24% damage aura for the rest of the party is insanely good, while the spell resistance can block buff spells from your priest.

Quick question. Do I let her go to the dark side during her quest for her to get Threshing Aura?

Threshing Aura because +24% damage aura for the rest of the party is insanely good, while the spell resistance can block buff spells from your priest.

Quick question. Do I let her go to the dark side during her quest for her to get Threshing Aura?

Full dark side.

Full dark side.

Full dark side is the only way to guarantee it, I think. When you split your responses, there are reports of varying results; sometimes Xoti listens to you at the final choice, sometimes she doesn't. Nobody's entirely sure why.

Spell Resistance is one of the ones you have to really read the ability description on.  If you're lucky, you'll notice that some of them say that you resist hostile Spells.  If it doesn't say that, it will resist all Spells, including your own (Like the weakness of Mage Slayer Barbarians).

Threshing Aura (damage bonus) or Light of The Dawnstar (spell resistance)

Which one and why?

I have a different, though related, question that pertains to the Lantern, but also to many other unique, upgradeable items.  Can you "install" multiple upgrades, or are you limited in how many you can select?

Threshing Aura (damage bonus) or Light of The Dawnstar (spell resistance)

Which one and why?

I have a different, though related, question that pertains to the Lantern, but also to many other unique, upgradeable items. Can you "install" multiple upgrades, or are you limited in how many you can select?

Depends on the item and the effect. Some are mutually exclusive, some stack, some are upgrades of the previous one, and some completely replace another one.

You can see the result before upgrading the item.

In the case of Xoti's lantern they are quest locked, which is a unique case afaik.

With the exception of 'quality' (Fine, Superb...)  the majority feel like they are or effects.  You can sometimes guess by the name, but just be careful, Save before doing any enchanting, in case your choice locks out something else.

Usually the  OR  enchants are related, and have similar names... 

Spearcaster: Elemental Bolts add +5% of each (Corrorde, Freeze, Burn, Shock) Damage; Force Bolts have 15% chance to cast a Spell on hit.

Shimmer Scale;  Mirrored Scale +10 Defense v Gaze and 50% reflect Gaze; Warped Scale for Immunity to Gaze.

Thanks for the quick answer, guys.  I haven't upgraded much thus far.  Only the Gladiator sword, that I can recall.  I love that sword with its special sword/shield ability that gives you a deflection bonus when you're using a shield with it.  Makes you a good deal harder to hit.  But I also just found Modwyr and it's hard to not want to work on it too.

Quick q—how do I push Xoti to the dark side?

I didn’t really get the Thrashing Aura option.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I need to convince her that Eothas is a d**k and we’re all doomed? XD

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I think there are 3 possible options:

1. continue to gather souls and free them - light option

2. continue to gather souls and absorb them - dark option

3. stop gathering souls

Anyone knows what are the conditions and the consequences for option 3?

• Like 1

3. stop gathering souls

I pushed Xoti towards the dark three times, and I got to upgrade the lantern to Threshing Aura no matter what I did with the souls - free them, keep them. I reloaded and checked the enchants.

3. stop gathering souls

I pushed Xoti towards the dark three times, and I got to upgrade the lantern to Threshing Aura no matter what I did with the souls - free them, keep them. I reloaded and checked the enchants.

I think it depends if you can convince her or not, based on your relationship with her. Sometimes it's not enough just to change options...

3. stop gathering souls

I think it depends if you can convince her or not, based on your relationship with her. Sometimes it's not enough just to change options...

What's the difference if you free or absorb the souls? Or is that consequence yet to be known?