Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part Two

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
643 replies to this topic

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 672 posts

Finally finished the game. It says I "divested Xoti of her virtue" then dumped her.

Uh... no, I sure didn't. Didn't get anywhere near that ditzy redneck's virtue.

I'm reminded of Leliana in Dragon Age, who would hump a female Warden's leg no matter how many times you told her no.

now you just making me wanna fire Dragon Age Origins...again  :lol:

• JustACat and Noctoi like this

Aridea

Aridea

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

now you just making me wanna fire Dragon Age Origins...again  :lol:

I did have the urges too, but pixelated dry humping really puts me off.  :grin:

I am currently on Badur's Gate trip, harrassing whoever I can through the mods.

So far no companion has come to my watcher. 

Just raise their dispositions, sit back, and enjoy the show  :dancing:

Edited by Aridea, 10 June 2018 - 10:10 AM.

• InsaneCommander and JustACat like this

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 672 posts

I am currently on Badur's Gate trip.

the 1st one? Ohhh dont forget the G3 mods for it...

• JustACat and Noctoi like this

Aridea

Aridea

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

I am currently on Badur's Gate trip.

the 1st one? Ohhh dont forget the G3 mods for it...

Finished the first one and continuing in BGII.

Yeah I always play with full interaction expansions. The games feel much emptier without them.

Edited by Aridea, 10 June 2018 - 11:22 AM.

• E.RedMark likes this

Slotharingia

Slotharingia

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I don't get the "too many romance options kill role play" thing. As far as I'm concerned, the less restrictive something is, the *more* role playing options there are.

• InsaneCommander, JustACat, marimo and 3 others like this

Porcelyn

Porcelyn

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 192 posts

Also is there a way to keep faction companions from leaving? Tekehu left on my RDC run. I thought if I didn't have him in my party he would stay.

You can convince them in some cases, for example, Tekehu will stay with the VTC and Principi, and Maia is okay with the pirates. But it might require talking them out of leaving. Then there are factions which they will never, ever agree to work with: RDC for Tekehu and maybe Pallegina, VTC and Huana for Maia (though it was possible to leave her on the ship on the Huana run prior to the patch, she would remain but never talk to you again. Not sure about now).

I left maia on the boat during my huana run and she stayed. Maybe because I didn't go to see Hazanui and reject her offer.

Yria

Yria

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I left maia on the boat during my huana run and she stayed. Maybe because I didn't go to see Hazanui and reject her offer.

As far as I know Maia would be alright with you rejecting Hazanui's offer, because, uhhh, I'll hide it just in case since it's a bit spoilery.

Spoiler

Did she talk to you at all on the huana route? 

Mari

Mari

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

As far as I know Maia would be alright with you rejecting Hazanui's offer, because, uhhh, I'll hide it just in case since it's a bit spoilery.

Spoiler

Did she talk to you at all on the huana route? 

Confirming that she will stay and fight (unless thats been fixed in the new patch?). It was kinda hilarious since I wasn't expecting the whole building to aggro and she had no issue helping me butcher my way out. And on top of that, her ending slide said she went back to active duty and got salutes and free drinks XD

Seroster01

Seroster01

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 93 posts

Since 32 pages is kinda extreme to read through all of it, I'll ask a series question that may have already been answered:

Are the romances in the game exclusive? (my assumption is yes, but you never know...)

If so, do they have the standard "point of no return" which will lock you out of other companion's options if you pass said point?

If the above are true, does anyone have a... list I guess I would say? of when those points are hit?

The reason for all of the above questions, I'm in my first visit to Nekataka and Xoti just initiated the dialogue about pursuing Eder.  I feel like I haven't had enough involvement with her for me to tell if I want to pursue her yet, and have yet to even come across Maia (I think the only other romance-able female?  Interestingly, the dialogue with Xoti brings up she'd get along better with Maia, whom we have not met... :facepalm:).  As such, I don't want to pass the point of no return in either getting her with Eder or locking myself into the Xoti route here.  The options I had available & their results in the conversation seemed a bit more... impactful than what I was expecting for this early in the game.

Anyone got some pointers/tips?

Tarlonniel

Tarlonniel

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 467 posts

Yes and yes. Unfortunately, I can only tell you the lock-in points for the romanceable males. Someone who pursued Xoti will have to take over from here.

• Noctoi likes this

Seroster01

Seroster01

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 93 posts

Yes and yes. Unfortunately, I can only tell you the lock-in points for the romanceable males. Someone who pursued Xoti will have to take over from here.

That's what I was afraid of, and now I'm moderately annoyed.  She initiates the Eder dialogue w/ me every time now, when I load my most recent save.  The only options seem to be to throw her at Eder or to commit to the Xoti route...  :unsure:

Tarlonniel

Tarlonniel

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 467 posts

If it helps, throwing her at Eder probably won't do anything because he's not at all interested.

• Noctoi likes this

Seroster01

Seroster01

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 93 posts

I am aware that nothing comes of it, my concern is that we're at the Y in the road here: Does throwing her at Eder end my options with her?  Based on the writing involved, I'm 99% sure that the different dialogue options involving the Watcher result in a pretty binary "We're on or we're off!"

So IDK.  If I don't pursue her now, am I locked out?  If I do pursue her now, it feels like I'm locked in.  And I seemingly have no way to avoid this conversation except reloading an earlier save.

Edited by Seroster01, 10 June 2018 - 04:47 PM.

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 672 posts

oh hey while we are talking about Xoti and Éder..

if you encourage him to talk to her..that is not...romance right? like encourage her to go for him (and yes I'm aware he doesnt care for her)..

lol you know what..I just tell him to stay away . for science lol 

Aridea

Aridea

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

From what I understand Xoti's lock-in comes after you do her quest, either the part where she visits the tree, or after you find a way to free souls from her lantern.

I had her initiate a dialogue (when I wasnt locked-in with others) at one of those points, but I don't remember which one. You do have the option to ask her about her Eder infatuation and she responds with something like "its not the same with you" or some such hogwash. 

You're only locked out if you pursue someone else.

oh hey while we are talking about Xoti and Éder..

if you encourage him to talk to her..that is not...romance right? like encourage her to go for him (and yes I'm aware he doesnt care for her)..

lol you know what..I just tell him to stay away . for science lol 

No, there is no romance between them. Eder gets no love in this game remember? They just end up good friends. (which I still wonder why we even needed that information in the first place, but whatever)

Edited by Aridea, 10 June 2018 - 05:00 PM.

Tarlonniel

Tarlonniel

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 467 posts

I never got this conversation chain with her, but I tried looking it up in the files. If I'm reading it right - pushing her toward Eder makes her unavailable to romance for some amount of time, but eventually you'll have another chance to start the relationship.

If it isn't bugged.

• Noctoi likes this

Seroster01

Seroster01

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 93 posts

From what I understand Xoti's lock-in comes after you do her quest, either the part where she visits the tree, or after you find a way to free souls from her lantern.

I had her initiate a dialogue (when I wasnt locked-in with others) at one of those points, but I don't remember which one. You do have the option to ask her about her Eder infatuation and she responds with something like "its not the same with you" or some such hogwash. 

You're only locked out if you pursue someone else.

I never got this conversation chain with her, but I tried looking it up in the files. If I'm reading it right - pushing her toward Eder makes her unavailable to romance for some amount of time, but eventually you'll have another chance to start the relationship.

If it isn't bugged.

Thanks for the responses, between the 2 posts it sounds safe to distract her with Eder while I try to get a better feel for her character & actually find Maia.

Aridea

Aridea

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

Thanks for the responses, between the 2 posts it sounds safe to distract her with Eder while I try to get a better feel for her character & actually find Maia.

Xoti can end up with Maia actually. Its the case that devs were talking about when they said companions could develop relationships between themselves.

But from what I understand the Watcher is always a priority when it comes to romance. There is no way to mess it up unless you outright tell them to stop bothering you, then the option is closed and companion relationships kick in.

• Noctoi likes this

Seroster01

Seroster01

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 93 posts

Xoti can end up with Maia actually. Its the case that devs were talking about when they said companions could develop relationships between themselves.

But from what I understand the Watcher is always a priority when it comes to romance. There is no way to mess it up unless you outright tell them to stop bothering you, then the option is closed and companion relationships kick in.

Well yes, but what I was afraid of is me throwing her at Eder would qualify as telling her to stop bothering me.

Noctoi

Noctoi

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 93 posts

So far no companion has come to my watcher. 

Just raise their dispositions, sit back, and enjoy the show  :dancing:

And they pick the most inopportune times to start the show too! Aloth spontaneously decided that the best time to chat 'feelings' was when the party was hiding between 6 tripple skull mobs, and an un-killable trap... I kinda wish they had the 'character wants to talk' thing worked out in deadfire like they did in the first game. While I appreciate the miracle of Aloth hitting 2+, I'd much preffer to celebrate the occasion in the safety of the gods damned boat rather than while we're all flashing yellow and trying to sneak past certain death!!!  :getlost:  :blink:  :facepalm:

Edited by Noctoi, 10 June 2018 - 06:18 PM.

• Yria and Slotharingia like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users