Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part Two

So Tekehu has no personal quest? Is taking him to the gullet his quest?

Also is there a way to keep faction companions from leaving? Tekehu left on my RDC run. I thought if I didn't have him in my party he would stay.

His personal quest is pretty much the one you get from Prince Aruihi to investigate smuggling in the Gullet and Delver's Row. But its easy to miss and not take him on it since it triggers by itself. He is tied with the Gullet, food shortage, and later Watershapers guild and Ukaizo. You could say they are all parts of his personal growth.

Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Getting him to Ukaizo is his personal quest, sort of. He doesn't have one that pops up in the journal.

In other news, for any Rekke fans out there, I've made a new mod which lets you ask him if he wants to have some fun.... ;)

You're the best <3

nvAeseu.png

Also is there a way to keep faction companions from leaving? Tekehu left on my RDC run. I thought if I didn't have him in my party he would stay.

You can convince them in some cases, for example, Tekehu will stay with the VTC and Principi, and Maia is okay with the pirates. But it might require talking them out of leaving. Then there are factions which they will never, ever agree to work with: RDC for Tekehu and maybe Pallegina, VTC and Huana for Maia (though it was possible to leave her on the ship on the Huana run prior to the patch, she would remain but never talk to you again. Not sure about now).

Edited by Yria
  • Like 1

Is there a reason everyone starts coming on to you when they like you enough? I found it really irritating. Also everyone is bisexual. Makes no sense.

companions dialogues were firing too fast . As for them coming onto you....you can say no . And sure it make sense ! you fight monsters , don't you ? does that make sense ? Sureeeeeeeee...! you are a cipher that throw magic , does that make sense ? Sureeeee!....everyone is Bi ? Damn right it make sense...

• Like 4
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Is there a reason everyone starts coming on to you when they like you enough? I found it really irritating. Also everyone is bisexual. Makes no sense.

companions dialogues were firing too fast . As for them coming onto you....you can say no . And sure it make sense ! you fight monsters , don't you ? does that make sense ? Sureeeeeeeee...! you are a cipher that throw magic , does that make sense ? Sureeeee!....everyone is Bi ? Damn right it make sense...

Sigh.

1. I don't want to have to say no to my companions.

2. I love it when people use the fantasy setting as a rule to allow all sorts of nonsense. Next up, space ships, laser rifles, cars and anime characters. Because reasons.

Sigh.

2. I love it when people use the fantasy setting as a rule to allow all sorts of nonsense. Next up, space ships, laser rifles, cars and anime characters. Because reasons.

and I love it when peoples hide behind 'reality stuff ' to hide homophobia . 

and Le Sigh...

Romance are stuff peoples like . 

Romance are for everyone . 

It's only nonsense for peoples like you..cose reasons . 

• Like 5
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I can't see why it matters if romancable npc's are bi unless their sexuality is part of the actual narrative as it provides the player with more liberty. I also prefer characters to hit on my pc than having to harass them, which is what it feels like to me in a lot of cases. A sequence of hinty convos where one can make it clear to them one isn't interested w/o them making direct passes is obviously preferable, but more work, so failing that just saying no ty is fine.

Edited by Slotharingia
  • Like 3

nvAeseu.png

I found it a bit much, yes.

You can say no- and then listen to their pissed off responses every time you click on them from then on.

As for the bisexuality, I'm sure it's for economy of resources. Face it, the romances are pretty basic. Not a lot was invested into them.

HEY! HEY MEATBAG GROUNDMEAT WHO CANNOT SAY "NO" TO PIXELS! YOU GO TO INDIA, GO TO EGYPT, EH? VISIT THEIR STREET BAZAARS, PEOPLE THERE WILL LOVE YOU! GROUNDMEAT BE VERY POPULAR THERE!

GROUNDMEAT MAYBE NEED A BRIDGE TOO, EH? SODDING BUGGER HAS ONE TO SELL!

• Like 2

Sigh.

and Le Sigh...

Dude, I am the last person who is homophobic and you take your careless insult back! You don't know me, you make baseless accusations on an internet forum? Grow up. I'm asking why all my characters are bisexual and the only actual reason is because people want all possible romance options. And to me, that's pleasing fans and not something that makes sense from an RP point of view.

Geezus the frikking SJW are back. I thought we were long past that, but I guess it is still not acceptable to question sexuality.

And I'll have you know my gay son agrees with me.

Edited by AeonsLegend

Sigh.

and Le Sigh...

Dude, I am the last person who is homophobic and you take your careless insult back! You don't know me, you make baseless accusations on an internet forum? Grow up. I'm asking why all my characters are bisexual and the only actual reason is because people want all possible romance options. And to me, that's pleasing fans and not something that makes sense from an RP point of view.

Geezus the frikking SJW are back. I thought we were long past that, but I guess it is still not acceptable to question sexuality.

Oh boohoo . 

SJW this....SJW that...

if anyone need to grow up , it's you . And anyone for that matter that see SJW everywhere , as soon as a game doesn't cater to them anymore . 

it's Hypocrite , very very hypocrite . 

Why do you need to question sexuality ? Do you go around asking 'Why this movie has females innit ?''  'Why this store sell only kid stuff ?' .

RP reasons , pray tell....

what RP reasons ? Funny how it goes . Everyone hetero , and it's fine . Some bi get in there and it's pleasing fans . 

everything in a game is about pleasing fans . From Loot , armors , weapons , class , spells..etc . They create Dungeons cose peoples ask for them . They create Tavern with dancers....guess what ? Cose peoples asked for them . Isn't that pleasing fans ? 

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller

Romance is content, content is optional. Its also controversial. For every argument for there will be an argument against. Thing is either side is a limitation for someone. If you decide to pull the realism card, then you are limiting options for people who like certain companions and will not be able to romance them due to the gender of race or other restrictions. If you go other way then you piss off people who either dislike romances or think its unrealistic, heh. There is no win-win for everyone sadly.

The fact in Deadfire is, everyone can bang everyone. Which is okay in my book because this provides LESS limitations since people who are pro any romance have more choices. And it only pisses off people who are anti romance. Those in the middle would still play the content even if they grumble about lack of realism. And again, its optional. You say no once, and it is never brought up again. Its the safest route imho. It also kind of makes sense in the context of Deadfire since it seems like free love for all is a prevalent theme in the game.  :)

• Like 5
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Sigh.

and Le Sigh...

Oh boohoo . 

SJW this....SJW that...

if anyone need to grow up , it's you . And anyone for that matter that see SJW everywhere , as soon as a game doesn't cater to them anymore . 

it's Hypocrite , very very hypocrite . 

Why do you need to question sexuality ? Do you go around asking 'Why this movie has females innit ?''  'Why this store sell only kid stuff ?' .

RP reasons , pray tell....

what RP reasons ? Funny how it goes . Everyone hetero , and it's fine . Some bi get in there and it's pleasing fans . 

everything in a game is about pleasing fans . From Loot , armors , weapons , class , spells..etc . They create Dungeons cose peoples ask for them . They create Tavern with dancers....guess what ? Cose peoples asked for them . Isn't that pleasing fans ? 

Are you actually serious? How little you know about me. Go throw your SJW stuff elsewhere and keep your petty uncalled for insults to yourself.

Romance is content, content is optional. Its also controversial. For every argument for there will be an argument against. Thing is either side is a limitation for someone. If you decide to pull the realism card, then you are limiting options for people who like certain companions and will not be able to romance them due to the gender of race or other restrictions. If you go other way then you piss off people who either dislike romances or think its unrealistic, heh. There is no win-win for everyone sadly.

The fact in Deadfire is, everyone can bang everyone. Which is okay in my book because this provides LESS limitations since people who are pro any romance have more choices. And it only pisses off people who are anti romance. Those in the middle would still play the content even if they grumble about lack of realism. And again, its optional. You say no once, and it is never brought up again. Its the safest route imho. It also kind of makes sense in the context of Deadfire since it seems like free love for all is a prevalent theme in the game.  :)

and Booze ! don't forget free booze for everyone !  :lol:

what kind of pirates are we , if we aren't sailing and zig zaging around..drunk..and singing huh  :wowey:

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller

You can say no- and then listen to their pissed off responses every time you click on them from then on.

You only get pissed off responses from companions if you're in negative numbers with them. And those two characters who come on too strong do not lose disposition if you turn their advances down.

• Like 4

what kind of pirates are we , if we aren't sailing and zig zaging around..drunk..and singing huh  :wowey:

Its like sex, drugs and rock n roll. Except here its sex, booze, and... plunder?  :grin:

• Like 2

Its like sex, drugs and rock n roll. Except here its sex, booze, and... plunder?  :grin:

oh man..now you did it lol LATEX PIRATES!  :lol:

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller

Finally finished the game. It says I "divested Xoti of her virtue" then dumped her.

Uh... no, I sure didn't. Didn't get anywhere near that ditzy redneck's virtue.

I'm reminded of Leliana in Dragon Age, who would hump a female Warden's leg no matter how many times you told her no.

So far no companion has come to my watcher. She is not interested in Eder, but since I know he is not a romance option I made her ask him about it just to see his reaction. It was funny that later she said she was just asking and not interested. I'm sure Eder didn't believe that lol

Personally I prefer that they come to me because I think it is more interesting to react than to just hit on them out of nowhere. My watcher for my second playthrough will be an impatient serious guy. It'll be fun to react...

It is strange that they are all bissexual, but I'd do it like that too if I were a developer. Just let the players have more options.

• Like 2

sign.jpg

Finally finished the game. It says I "divested Xoti of her virtue" then dumped her.

Uh... no, I sure didn't. Didn't get anywhere near that ditzy redneck's virtue.

I'm reminded of Leliana in Dragon Age, who would hump a female Warden's leg no matter how many times you told her no.

now you just making me wanna fire Dragon Age Origins...again  :lol:

• Like 2

Elderly Hive Dweller

now you just making me wanna fire Dragon Age Origins...again  :lol:

I did have the urges too, but pixelated dry humping really puts me off.  :grin:

I am currently on Badur's Gate trip, harrassing whoever I can through the mods.

So far no companion has come to my watcher. 

Just raise their dispositions, sit back, and enjoy the show  :dancing:

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 2

I am currently on Badur's Gate trip.

the 1st one? Ohhh dont forget the G3 mods for it...

• Like 2

Elderly Hive Dweller

I am currently on Badur's Gate trip.

the 1st one? Ohhh dont forget the G3 mods for it...

Finished the first one and continuing in BGII.

Yeah I always play with full interaction expansions. The games feel much emptier without them.

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 1